The Ohio State University - College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on getting acceptance! Lol I agree, the beginning of the letter isn't very clear haha

Yeah, you would think they would start off with the subject title "Acceptance" or start off the letter with "Congratulations!" haha. And not "I would like to update you on your current application status"

Will you be attending OSU for sure next year? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I have made the deposit and they received it last week lol if nothing drastically change then yes lol i'm going to Minnesota for interview in march to see if I like it or not, it's pretty much between these two schools. Oh man, I'm gonna miss California weather =/ haha

What about you? :)

Haha yaaaay, another Californian! :cool: I was freezing my butt off over there, but I'll manage somehow.

I'm pretty much the same as you. 99% set on coming here, but going to other interviews, just in case I like them better.

I have made the deposit and they received it last week lol if nothing drastically change then yes lol i'm going to Minnesota for interview in march to see if I like it or not, it's pretty much between these two schools. Oh man, I'm gonna miss California weather =/ haha

What about you? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha yaaaay, another Californian! :cool: I was freezing my butt off over there, but I'll manage somehow.

I'm pretty much the same as you. 99% set on coming here, but going to other interviews, just in case I like them better.

niceee! hopefully we will be in the same school in the Fall! :)

niceee! hopefully we will be in the same school in the Fall! :)

Haha let's hope :D By the way, are you from southern California specifically? The socal weather is just too darn nice. When you told me that Ohio weather was 20F in the other post, I had to ask my roommate how cold that was, and she told me it was like walking into a freezer. My response to that -> :eek:

Haha let's hope :D By the way, are you from southern California specifically? The socal weather is just too darn nice. When you told me that Ohio weather was 20F in the other post, I had to ask my roommate how cold that was, and she told me it was like walking into a freezer. My response to that -> :eek:

hahah yes! I'm from san diego and that's right next to the border :D its pretty warm right now outside. But yeah when the airplane was about to land in Columbus, I was like "oh hey its snowing! how pretty!" lol when I got out, it was so freaking cold lol

hahah yes! I'm from san diego and that's right next to the border :D its pretty warm right now outside. But yeah when the airplane was about to land in Columbus, I was like "oh hey its snowing! how pretty!" lol when I got out, it was so freaking cold lol

I'm probably going to OSU this fall as well and i'm from Pittsburgh (similar weather). Our "terrible" weather really isn't too bad. I mean, it is the middle of Feb and it was 52F outside today. Now that is atypical for this time of year but trust me, you get used to the cold fast and it won't bother you. Rarely does it go below 20F and once you are used to the cold, anything warmer than that is light jacket weather.. hahah.

But on the plus side, summers here are amazing. 75-85F all the time. I have a friend I graduated with at PSU from Miami and he says you just can't go outside during the summer because it is too hot.

You won't mind the cold as much as you'd think. But hell, I'm biased - born and raised in the north.

I'm probably going to OSU this fall as well and i'm from Pittsburgh (similar weather). Our "terrible" weather really isn't too bad. I mean, it is the middle of Feb and it was 52F outside today. Now that is atypical for this time of year but trust me, you get used to the cold fast and it won't bother you. Rarely does it go below 20F and once you are used to the cold, anything warmer than that is light jacket weather.. hahah.

But on the plus side, summers here are amazing. 75-85F all the time. I have a friend I graduated with at PSU from Miami and he says you just can't go outside during the summer because it is too hot.

You won't mind the cold as much as you'd think. But hell, I'm biased - born and raised in the north.

Ah i see, thanks for the heads up :D 52F is not that bad, I can go around all day in that weather :D I like to go snowboarding so the weather should be perfect for it.

Haha I just hope we can acclimate to the cold fast enough. If not, I'm going all out - long underwear, scarf, gloves, 10x layers, etc. all day everyday.

Haha I just hope we can acclimate to the cold fast enough. If not, I'm going all out - long underwear, scarf, gloves, 10x layers, etc. all day everyday.

You'll burn alive in the lecture halls! :laugh:

And Cdao - you want colder weather for snowboarding/skiing. If it is above 32F, the snow melts and then refreezes into ice when they throw more fake snow on top of it. Skiing on icy slopes is the worst. Someone died skiing at Seven Springs (near Pittsburgh) just last month because they were skiing on those icy slopes caused by warm weather and hit a tree.

On the other side of the argument, I have gone skiing in 60 degree weather shirtless and you can't beat that.

By the way, Columbus is flat. No where to ski around Ohio State. You have to drive towards Pittsburgh, West Virginia, or southern Ohio to find anywhere that has hills.

You'll burn alive in the lecture halls! :laugh:

Haha it's why I'm going to take off layers when I'm inside. ^_^ Regardless, between the two extremes, I'd rather burn alive than be a frozen popsicle. :D

On the other side of the argument, I have gone skiing in 60 degree weather shirtless and you can't beat that.

You snow-weather natives are just....purely insane haha. I went to an interview in Chicago and people were saying that the 50/60 degree weather (that day) was SHORTS weather. Meanwhile, this was me shivering -> :scared:

By the way, Columbus is flat. No where to ski around Ohio State. You have to drive towards Pittsburgh, West Virginia, or southern Ohio to find anywhere that has hills.

Darn! haha anyway, I kinda like it there at Columbus :D just not icy road lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance letter yesterday.

Last edited:
has anyone been rejected yet?

I haven't received an interview yet and at this point, it is unlikely that i will get one. but i haven't been rejected either.

do they contact the student if their application is no longer being considered or are we left hanging either way until may?

I haven't received an interview yet and at this point, it is unlikely that i will get one. but i haven't been rejected either.

do they contact the student if their application is no longer being considered or are we left hanging either way until may?

I think they leave you hanging.. sorry. It is pretty late for interviews, I honestly don't think they offer interviews this late but I could be wrong.

So I checked last year's OSU pharm thread for you and it looked like people were interviewing in April. See if anyone else applying this year got offered April interviews yet.

I know that wasn't a straightforward answer, but hopefully it gives you at least a small tint of hope. :xf:

i havent heard anything from them either :thumbdown:

Thank you!

it would be a pain not to hear from them until april, but it's better than nothing...

does anyone know how many people are on the wait list this year? also has anyone heard anything from OSU regarding what spot they are on the wait list?!

Wow, someone actually revived this thread. I don't know anything about the waitlist, but I gave up my spot a month ago. Hopefully it helped move the waitlist and that it becomes your turn soon. :/

Woohoo! That is wonderful news for me :) hopefully I will get your spot since it doesn't seem like many other people are wait listed. Where did you decided to go instead of OSU?

Ohio State has approximately 35 people on the waitlist. I am currently on the waitlist hoping to get in! Good luck everyone!

Ohio State has approximately 35 people on the waitlist. I am currently on the waitlist hoping to get in! Good luck everyone!

Hey thanks for the info! How did you find out how many people were on the waitlist? I am on it too...but kinda bummed to hear that number since they said they usually waitlist 10-15 people at my interview. :(

Also...has anyone heard anything as far as how it is looking for chances that they will even take anyone who is waiting this year?

Thanks! :)

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist for the 2018 class? I just got an email stating that I got on the waitlist, what are the chances of being accepted from the waitlist?

Does anyone know what the required grade is for a pharmacy prereq class at OSU? I got a C- in a prereq class but they dont specify on their website that you need a C or higher...

Does anyone know what the required grade is for a pharmacy prereq class at OSU? I got a C- in a prereq class but they dont specify on their website that you need a C or higher...
It is a C. C- does not complete the requirements. This was specified on a sheet of paper I was handed out on my interview day.