The Private Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have sent in all the requirements, still waiting to hear back.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Me too....I can assure you my credit score is excellent :) But joke aside, really....How much longer do I have to wait Arch?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved for this forum? I sent my info in about a month ago. Is Arch still in charge of approving people? If you can redirect me to the right person, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved for this forum? I sent my info in about a month ago. Is Arch still in charge of approving people? If you can redirect me to the right person, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes it is pretty quick, sometimes it takes a bit longer. As of right now I am caught up with forum requests. If you haven't heard back from me, sending a PM works much better than posting in the general forum.

Metalblade, you were actually approved some time ago. Try logging out of SDN and then logging back in.

I just got admitted to the anesthesia, intensive care, pain medicine residency here in Italy. I applied for the private forum using my Italian licence number.
Hope it's ok!

(BTW: if you have any doubts about my claim, you can ask oldbearprofessor!) :D

Would like to join, but my school has no anesthesia department and thus no "chair" for me to get a signature from...oh well.

I just want to clarify from earlier posts in this thread...

This group is open for med students who are going to participate in the 2013 match? I'm in the process of getting ASA student membership, but wasn't sure if students were still allowed to participate in this group.

It would be nice to read about more "behind-the-scenes" views on anesthesiology :)

Thanks.

Would like to join, but my school has no anesthesia department and thus no "chair" for me to get a signature from...oh well.

I realize these are old posts, however in case anyone else has been curious, you do not have to have a department of anesthesia to join. Any anesthesiologist who is an ASA member can sign the student application form. And if you have no ASA anesthesiologists a representative of your deans office can sign.

I too am from a school without an anesthesia program, one of the private docs whom has been helping me out was gracious enough to sign mine.

Hello all--

I'm wondering if the private forum is still accepting new members? I got a private message instructing me to send confirmation of my home mailing address--which now creeps me out a bit, since I haven't heard anything further regarding my membership.

It was still accepting members as of a couple months ago. My understanding is that the confirmation of home mailing address is to verify the information that is part of your profile as an ASA member (to make sure there aren't trolls or random spammers joining the private forum).

Members don't see this ad :)
It was still accepting members as of a couple months ago. My understanding is that the confirmation of home mailing address is to verify the information that is part of your profile as an ASA member (to make sure there aren't trolls or random spammers joining the private forum).

This is all correct, it just takes time to process the requests since I usually do them in batch form. All information is 100% confidential.

the speed by which i was contacted and informed of the next step made me think i was going to get accepted that day, instead i still wait, wondering when i'll get access.

Everyone has to be patient. Rest assured, I read and review all requests. Usually I do them in batches every few weeks, sometimes less time, sometimes more. All requests need to be submitted according to the existing instructions, unfortunately many are not. Anyone with specific questions can PM me directly. Thanks.

Arch, its been over the year already since I have sent everything :)
You guys must be VERY busy..
Any ETA on when it could finally happen?
Thanks!

My apologies to everyone who has been awaiting verification for the private forum. The XenForo conversion unfortunately caused the verification process to come to a stop for some time but the process is up and running again thanks to the hard work of Lee and many others. The request for verification procedure has changed a bit and the first post in this sticky is amended to reflect the update.

The process is still 100% confidential, no exceptions.

For those of you that have already sent me your additional personal information privately, please put in a new request for membership and I will approve you.

Has the new round gone through yet? I have sent the information 4-5 times and haven't heard anything yet

I am working my way through the queue. If you didn't get a PM from me tonight then the requested information or the request itself was not submitted properly. My apologies again for all the delays but the process should go along much quicker now.

How do I access the forum after sending all my info? Info sent a few months ago.

I will contact you after I get your request and then you will be vetted.

You don't..I sent everything over a year ago and then another few times since.

Put a new request in and I will approve you. As noted above, the XenForo forum migration created some issues with the request queue.

Most of the time when someone is not approved it is because the additional information that I request is not submitted according to the instructions given.

Help! Ive been trying to find the "Join User Group" option when I hover over my username in the upper right hand corner, but its not there. Checked the help section and couldnt find the answer. What am I doing wrong?

Second from bottom, right column.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 96
I just went through the queue for requests completely. If you haven't heard from me via PM it means that your request was lacking some required information. Please reread the instructions and the sticky and resubmit. Thanks.

I just went through the queue for requests completely. If you haven't heard from me via PM it means that your request was lacking some required information. Please reread the instructions and the sticky and resubmit. Thanks.

how active is this group? i m considering joining but since it costs money and being a ms3 im broke, it'd be good to know if it's actually active? thanks

and i can't believe this thread's been here for almost 6 years and today's the first time i noticed it! haha im blind

how active is this group? i m considering joining but since it costs money and being a ms3 im broke, it'd be good to know if it's actually active? thanks

and i can't believe this thread's been here for almost 6 years and today's the first time i noticed it! haha im blind
If you wait until July, it's only 5 bucks to join the ASA as a med student. 10 bucks before.

Would someone let know the process of how to access the private forum after I reply to the admin's email with my address and verified ASA email. I still do not have access despite forwarding this info. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.