The Procrastination Station.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MysteryCat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Procrastination is bad, mkay? Don't do it. But if you're going to, we'd better have a support group for encouragement and commiseration. :)

I'm guilty this weekend. I have spent most of today watching the history channel and eating cookies rather than writing two lab reports, studying for two exams, and starting a research paper. I guess Sunday will be busy!

Members don't see this ad.

I should be studying for my Anatomy exam on Monday. Instead, I'm working on the third Halloween costume I'm making for this year. I couldn't decide what I wanted to be, so I just decided to make more than one costume. :)

Procrastination is bad, mkay? Don't do it. But if you're going to, we'd better have a support group for encouragement and commiseration. :)

I'm guilty this weekend. I have spent most of today watching the history channel and eating cookies rather than writing two lab reports, studying for two exams, and starting a research paper. I guess Sunday will be busy!

It's eerie how we have sort of the same schedule :D I also have to finish a lab report and a prelab question thing and start my research paper! I guess in my brain thinking about it constitutes time towards completion... Or something.

Anyway I spent all yesterday watching ABCFam, they had Ever After followed by A Cinderella Story then Princess Diaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have micro practical tomorrow and micro written on Tuesday. Haven't started studying for either. Oops!

I have an anatomy exam this Tuesday/Wednesday and I spent yesterday watching about 4 episodes of supernatural instead of working on all the the origins, insertions, and actions I have to learn for the pelvic limb.

I have a midterm on Thursday over pathology, anaesthesia, surgery, pharmacology, and diagnostic imaging.... I went to Dublin this weekend instead of studying. :cool:

Fear over my imminent Repro final cannot compare to the satisfaction I get from watching a ten-year-old braise an octopus in front of Gordon Ramsey. :oops:

It's eerie how we have sort of the same schedule :D I also have to finish a lab report and a prelab question thing and start my research paper! I guess in my brain thinking about it constitutes time towards completion... Or something.

Anyway I spent all yesterday watching ABCFam, they had Ever After followed by A Cinderella Story then Princess Diaries.

It is eerie...but it's good to know someone in a similar situation! :)

Procrastinating on a group project because my group mates are annoying the crap out of me. Also my internet is not working so that is pissing me off and I cannot get motivated to do this MSU supplemental app though it is due Tuesday...

Should be studying for finals this Thursday and Friday... oops.

Should start studying for my neuro exam on Friday. But I'm still recovering from a killer endocrine exam on Friday. Therefore, I am watching movies and not studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Genetics exam this upcoming Thursday! And Organic Chem haunting me every day.
But every problem I look at makes me feel depressed so what do I do - Watched movies until 4 am, telling everyone I can't go out cause I gotta study and slept most of the Sunday.

And now I am here, reading forums.

Yay for the support group!

Watching netflix instead of cleaning my apartment which was what I was supposed to be doing instead of studying.

Good thing tomorrow is a holiday?

Watching netflix instead of cleaning my apartment which was what I was supposed to be doing instead of studying.

Good thing tomorrow is a holiday?

:thumbup: sounds like my weekend. Except tomorrow is just a regular Monday here. Boo!

Sunday Funday with my roomie... Football all day :D

About time this thread was made :D I belong here 24/7... Instead of studying for my physics exam I am volunteering at a local golf tournament and watching football on their huge ass flat screen :D

Should be grading last week's quizzes and writing quizzes for this week...but I'm simultaneously playing RCT 3 and re-watching Inuyasha (yes, I'm one of those types).

I got very drunk last night and only got out of bed like 45 minutes ago. I've got until 8 before I have dinner plans, so maybe I'll get something done. Maybe. This is the one week other than thanksgiving break with no test, so I'm less motivated for the moment :laugh:

rollercoaster tycoon is fecking awesome. I've been debating for a while getting 3 since it's on steam.

It is ahhhmazing. I got it off Steam myself. It's Platinum, so it comes with the Soaked! and Wild! expansion packs. I'm currently in the process of trying to build a rollercoaster that traverses the entire park, in sandbox mode.

Should be studying for boards...instead I have been watching Law & Order: SVU marathon (the bane of my studying since undergrad!) and cleaning. Although, in hindsight, the porch covered in natural cobwebs did look pretty festive for Halloween....:laugh:

Musculoskeletal diseases midterm on Wedensday, food animal midterm #2 on Friday... Doctor Who marathon today (some of Tennant's last episodes), followed by X-Men First Class on Space tonight. These things aren't compatible.

The Walking Dead or study?

Daryl wins.

It is ahhhmazing. I got it off Steam myself. It's Platinum, so it comes with the Soaked! and Wild! expansion packs. I'm currently in the process of trying to build a rollercoaster that traverses the entire park, in sandbox mode.

Totally didn't know about this site and now I'm super tempted to get some games...I really should be studying for my Path exam tomorrow...

must be something to do with the canadian thanksgiving weekend. Each week I am required to write a 2000 word paper and this week is no different, except I am way behind schedule. Essay's due tomorrow and I have barely started. I deliberately chose not to buy pokemon X/Y as well just so I could be more productive, but its backfired.. I may as well have went to buy it.

Totally didn't know about this site and now I'm super tempted to get some games...I really should be studying for my Path exam tomorrow...

Steam is fantastic. Especially the big sales they have. So many games fo cheap.

Have an embryology test tomorrow

that I have not studied for yet

Procrastinators away!!!!

:thumbup:

This thread is going places.

Have surgery exam Wednesday. Got drunk this afternoon on wine and now I'm watching Dirty Dancing on Blu-Ray ( and hot damn, it makes the Swayze even better) while stuffing my face with popcorn. :corny:

I am not a good contributor to the procrastination station today. I spent six (6!!) hours at a coffee shop studying today. And I plan to begin work on my 10 page research paper tonight after the wild little toddler boy goes to bed. Although I did just notice a pawn stars marathon... (Don't judge too much)

Definitely in this train the entire weekend. Really had good intentions, but all I have is a little phys 1 quiz thursday. Have not looked at a single vet school thing in 3 days!!!

Fear over my imminent Repro final cannot compare to the satisfaction I get from watching a ten-year-old braise an octopus in front of Gordon Ramsey. :oops:

Pooter, this is totally random, but your signature cracks me up.
Dorky story: I was walking across campus at a caffeine fueled sort of pace the other day and I jumped over/hopped off of a concrete bench. I thought "man, that was some hardcore parkour!" and started giggling out loud. I was by myself.

Zombie procrastination - The Walking Dead then World War Z... Woohoo! Who cares if I won't sleep.

Zombie procrastination - The Walking Dead then World War Z... Woohoo! Who cares if I won't sleep.

Oh good. We aren't the same person. I was starting to get worried...but zombies freeeeak me out! Lol.

Oh good. We aren't the same person. I was starting to get worried...but zombies freeeeak me out! Lol.
:D:eek:

Haha, they freak me out a little too - My poor roomie dealt with me screaming my way through World War Z (very stressfulmovie) Her fault - she chose it!

Yes...and all for only $19.99!!! :thumbup:

Damnit, Steam is going to be the death of me. I'm not ever a big gamer but their deals are just soooooo good.

I had Rollercoaster Tycoon as a kid and it was awesome. Fighting temptation to buy Platinum. If I do, I won't get anything done for the rest of the semester . . .

Damnit, Steam is going to be the death of me. I'm not ever a big gamer but their deals are just soooooo good.

I had Rollercoaster Tycoon as a kid and it was awesome. Fighting temptation to buy Platinum. If I do, I won't get anything done for the rest of the semester . . .

I think I might be getting it when I get home. My next exam is over a week away so it sounds like an awesome idea.

I think I might be getting it when I get home. My next exam is over a week away so it sounds like an awesome idea.

I'm afraid but I want to buy it... I'm also afraid it'll turn my poor computer into a struggling mess of wires... Maybe once I get to black Friday and get a new one.

I'm afraid but I want to buy it... I'm also afraid it'll turn my poor computer into a struggling mess of wires... Maybe once I get to black Friday and get a new one.

I feel as though I'm playing the devil's advocate, but doooooo it. Riding the roller coasters after building them is so therapeutic. Except, learn from my mistakes...always test custom-built coasters before you open them to guests. Did not do that my first time...those poor souls. :(

Last edited:
I feel as though I'm playing the devil's advocate, but doooooo it. Riding the roller coasters offering building them is so therapeutic. Except, learn from my mistakes...always test custom-built coasters before you open them to guests. Did not do that my first time...those poor souls. :(

Hahaha, I've done that before on the original game.

I feel as though I'm playing the devil's advocate, but doooooo it. Riding the roller coasters offering building them is so therapeutic. Except, learn from my mistakes...always test custom-built coasters before you open them to guests. Did not do that my first time...those poor souls. :(
That's nothing. In HS I used to play zoo tycoon with a friend. We would build enclosures, put lions and tigers and elephants in them, and then open the zoo. Then we took the fences down. The animals eat the people sometimes, but mostly it's just chaotic. :shrug: