The Republic of Texas XXXII: Everything is better in the Lonestar State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The next two days could possibly be some of my favorites ever.

Broncos in the Super Bowl and match day.

Praying hard that I go 2-for-2, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I pre-matched to TCOM, but ranked TTech-El Paso higher. Of course, there's no status change on Merlin. I guess 37 more hours isn't too long to wait. My wife just got a job in Fort Worth, and the area is soooo much closer to family, so I am actually worried about matching into PLFSOM. It's worth a try, though.

Trying to distract myself...

not working yet. :wacky:

Members don't see this ad :)
This has been the longest week of my entire college career

MXbbkHb.gif
I love that movie :D
"Dooookkkkyyyy!!!"

Others who prematched should comment if their status changed too on merlin. This possibly applies to both foster and lubbock.

Prematched at El Paso. Accepted the offer but ranked them lower - only because of distance. If they were closer to my hometown, they would have been at least #2 on my list. Anyways, my status also has changed to the "you have declined your acceptance" message.

Probably won't be back on here until tomorrow afternoon, so just wanted to remind everyone:

Best case scenario - you start medical school this fall
Worst case scenario - you get an extra year to play xbox/jack off/travel/drink/whatever you want to do

So in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My TTL status still says welcome. However, I got an email that said I get to hold that seat until May 15th because the MD/MBA program is done outside the regular match. My status probs won't change even if I do match somewhere else tomorrow. C'mon San Antonio!

Last year, UTMB sent out emails at midnight if I'm not mistaken. I think they were the only ones though.

Yeah I think or hope TCOM emails midnight. Does anyone know if El Paso updates Merlin at midnight? I can't wait anymore!!

Probably won't be back on here until tomorrow afternoon, so just wanted to remind everyone:

Best case scenario - you start medical school this fall
Worst case scenario - you get an extra year to play xbox/jack off/travel/drink/whatever you want to do

So in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad. Good luck to you all!

That takes care of February 3rd, 8am-8:02am at least :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Poor choice of words? lol
Also, I must point out that 3 of the 4 "year-off" activities you listed would not be beneficial to bring up in your next application when you are asked the question "What did you do this last year?"
Other than that, I admire your positive attitude.

its not just the activities you do, but what you learn from them that matters.
All I did this year = eat/sleep/workout/play videogames/travel/party

Nearly all my interviewers brought up what I was doing
I pretty much phrased it as such..
" Im just taking this year off to spend time following personal pursuits before I invest 9 (4+5 residency) years of my life to studying and working. I plan on travelling, getting in shape, visiting friends, going to music festivals, and taking an extended vacation to do the things I have always wanted to do but didnt have the time to."

Result? Accepted.

Reactions: 2 users

" Im just taking this year off to spend time following personal pursuits before I invest 9 (4+5 residency) years of my life to studying and working. I plan on travelling, getting in shape, visiting friends, going to music festivals, and taking an extended vacation to do the things I have always wanted to do but didnt have the time to."

Result? Accepted.
Clutch

Result? Accepted.
This probably showed the adcoms that you were a normal human being, which was probably a breath of fresh air and honesty for them. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Result? Accepted.
what games gandalf? ;)

also. so sad about the broncos.sighhhhhhh...!

Skyrim is great. I never got into Oblivion but somehow Skyrim got me to play for a good 60 hours. The beginning is kind of slow, but eventually you get some decent items and are strong enough to the point where you can kill anything pretty quickly. Plus there are a ton of great mods for it.

Now that the games over I literally can't stop thinking about the match

Result? Accepted.
Still have a massive backlog of Steam games I have not touched yet. I keep telling myself not to buy anymore but those Steam sales and Humble Bundles keep getting to me :|

I am in no way trying to sound condescending, but why would anyone play the old CS's? I played GO and I thought it was pretty fun. Didn't they even remake the old maps on GO?

I am in no way trying to sound condescending, but why would anyone play the old CS's? I played GO and I thought it was pretty fun. Didn't they even remake the old maps on GO?
nostalgia or pro leagues I guess. like I hear they played quake tournaments professionally long after the game stopped being sold in stores. never tried go, how is it different from source?

how is skyrim? they had a sale on steam but I was reluctant to pick it up bc people told me it takes a really long time to make any progress

CS Source is still played because of its reliable servers and steady population.
Ill probably pick up CSGO when I get my own PC/steam name.

PM me your usernames if you want to play CSS.

This has got to be the longest hour of my life.