The Republic of Texas XXXIII: Lone Star State Pride

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dawn_of_the_first_day_by_forest_sage.png

Assuming we are counting down to 8AM on Saturday

Members don't see this ad.

I get a bit of a sinking feeling in my stomach whenever I think about pre-match this weekend. Not because I'm pessimistic, just because I want to hear something from someone so badly. ._.

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach. Not because I'm pessimistic, but because I'm on a roller coaster.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a sinking feeling in my stomach. Not because I'm pessimistic, but because I'm on a roller coaster.
I have a sinking feeling in my stomach. Not because I'm pessimistic, but because I'm on a roller coaster that is on a boat.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
THIS…..WEEK….IS….CRAWLING………..:bang:

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if TMDSAS emails us about the prematch offer? Or do we need to log into TMDSAS to find out?

Does anyone know what time TCOM let's people know about prematch?

Earl, you're gonna prematch on Nov 15. Quote me on that!
Ahhh thanks!! It's just like when I submitted my application I had the fear that something may be glaringly wrong and I won't get interviews. After I got the first one that fear went away. Now I have similar fears like what if I'm actually a bad interviewer! I just need 1 acceptance and I'll calm down lol

Last edited:
I think being pre-med and being SDNers we are all equally neurotic haha

Hopefully we can all have some piece of mind this weekend :)

Ahhh thanks!! It's just like when I submitted my application I had the fear that something may be glaringly wrong and I won't get interviews. After I got the first one that fear went away. Now I have similar fears like what if I'm actually a bad interviewer! I just need 1 acceptance and I'll calm down lol

Haha. That sounds like me. This forum just causes too much stress. I would have been better off not knowing it existed.

What are yall doing other than shows to make time pass by? I resorted to the chat just now, but that's dead lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Video games, Netflix, and I'm trying to learn guitar slowly.

Midterms and essays :-/

I just started playing clash of clans, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

guys

Guys

GUYS!!

TWO DAYS.

I just need clash to get me to Saturday so I have hopes for it!

What are yall doing other than shows to make time pass by? I resorted to the chat just now, but that's dead lol

College football, nfl, and fantasy football. Also wondering how all three of those are going to work out with the first semester of med school at the same time.

Midterms!? The semester is almost over!
"Mid" just means between the first and last days of classes for a lot of schools. I'm also trying to get ahead on my semester assignments because I know a pre-match will decrease my motivation to zero

I'm betting on only one school in Texas. Waiting till 1AM last year and not hearing anything, as well as waiting till February and not hearing anything either defeats you. I'm hoping this year is better.

Just 37 more hours, you guys!

I'm betting on only one school in Texas. Waiting till 1AM last year and not hearing anything, as well as waiting till February and not hearing anything either defeats you. I'm hoping this year is better.

Same boat as you. Very pessimistic about hearing anything Saturday.

One day more. So are you guys getting your drank on before or after midnight tomorrow?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
College football, nfl, and fantasy football. Also wondering how all three of those are going to work out with the first semester of med school at the same time.

You'll find a way to make time for the things that matter to you. Good time management goes a long way.

Do we know for sure if it's going to happen since it's a Saturday? Did we ever figure that out? lol :whistle:

The schools have still been saying November 15th, so I'm guessing it will still be tomorrow night.

Anyways, I'm sitting in my hotel in Galveston, tonight I get to stress about both an interview and the prematch! :D

Do we know for sure if it's going to happen since it's a Saturday? Did we ever figure that out? lol :whistle:

If they sent some out at midnight last year, it'll probably be automated. Good luck everyone! 25 hours left!

Tonight is the night!!! :0

Also, they came up with a good template that all the pre-matched applicants used:

Official Texas Accepted List!!!
Baylor:
TCOM:
Texas A&M:
Texas Tech:
Texas Tech-El Paso:
UTMB-Galveston:
UT-Houston:
UTHSCSA:
UT-Southwestern:

My hearts gonna be racing all day! Good luck everyone, I'm sure we will all do great.

Has anybody had their UTSW Application Status change yet in their Gateway profile? It seems like a few years ago they went form "Interviewed" to "Under Review," "Accepted," or similar.

Mine's still stuck on "Interviewed" for what it's worth.

I hope UTMB is under the mistletoe :love:

Reactions: 2 users