The Republic of Texas XXXIII: Lone Star State Pride

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted to A&M as well! congratulations homies

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got San Antonio! 12:17

UT San Antonio prematches were also just sent

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone on San Antonio! Wish I interviewed there :/

I thought they (San Antonio) came out in the morning but I guess not this year!

Nothing strange has come up on my UTSW profile page. Anybody see anything good on theirs?

Anyone else hear from UTSW so far? I got nothing

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else hear from UTSW so far? I got nothing

There's a few people from their specific wall. But I thought they came out all at one time? They appear to be staggered?

So excited to have pre-matched! Congrats to all

Members don't see this ad :)
Got A&M and TCOM

Welp, I knew it was unlikely since only UTSW and Lubbock would have had time to deliberate, but I'm still slightly disappointed I didn't hear back from Southwestern. Here's hoping I wake up to good news from Tech!

Congrats to everyone who prematched!

Got invited to TCOM!!!! I'm so exited. Anyone hear from UTMB yet?'!?! Out celebrating with friends NOW!!!!

I didn't get A&M.. But I got TCOM though!!

UTSW! I didn't check until this morning, I can't believe it!

Reactions: 4 users
This process is so confusing. I felt that my worst interviews were at UT Houston and I got an offer, but I felt that my best interviews were at Texas A and M and I didn't get an offer.

EDIT: I interviewed at UT Houston 2 weeks ago.

When did you guys get your UTH prematches? Did they all come out at like 8:00 on the dot?

October 3 interview. I had really positive interviews at UTH because I had already done a few schools( which I haven't prematched at) and at that point I was really relaxed.

Do you guys know if UTMB sends out more prematches??? I really wanted to be prematched there. :(

anybody hear from Texas Tech Foster? Their thread is dead quiet....

Just saw the emails from UTH and Tech Lubbock this morning. Congrats to everyone that heard good news, and for those who didn't, remember that it is still very early in the game and there are many more to come. My love goes out to all of you. :)

UTHSC San Antonio at 11:16 pm (late last night... weird?) and UTMB at 6:00 am. Couldn't be more thrilled (those are my top choices)!

To all who haven't heard anything yet, remember that this is just the beginning!!!!

Prematched at UT Houston and A&M so far, and excited with my options! At least I don't have to pay 80k a year now for Illinois..

Still hoping for a Baylor or a UTSW acceptance as those are my top choices, but I'm not complaining! :)

Just a heads up to those of you who have interviewed at UTMB, check your spam folder. I use Gmail and my prematch email from them went straight to spam.

Haha, had you not told me this I would have gone through the match thinking UTMB didn't prematch me. I think Gmail has an elaborate ruse to sabotage people getting into medical school- lots of cases of people getting the II sent to spam as well lmao

No pre-match, no problem!

(/weeping internally)

Congrats on the pre-matches, everyone!

Does any one have the link to the school specific interview questions?

Congrats to all who pre-matched. If you didn't, or you're still waiting on the school of your dreams...plenty of time left!

Not to sound too complacent, but does anyone know how scholarships work with TX schools? I don't have much reason to expect any (and Texas is relatively cheap enough as is), just wondering if schools have anything like merit-based scholarships. I think I remember Foster saying something about that. If so, when would we hear about them? When we pre-match? Once we finally match to a school? If a school offered a scholarship to someone, I think that would factor in to a person's ranking, so I'd think it would have to be before the regular match...right?

Just wondering!

Can we start a support group for those of us who didn't prematch or are still being hopeful about more IIs? Today was a rough day :( But congrats to those who prematched! And good luck to those like me who are still waiting to hear back. We can freak out in solidarity.

Reactions: 5 users
Can we start a support group for those of us who didn't prematch or are still being hopeful about more IIs? Today was a rough day :( But congrats to those who prematched! And good luck to those like me who are still waiting to hear back. We can freak out in solidarity.

Never fear -- The TX schools continue to extend pre-match offers up until the deadline. After that, there's the match.

Yesterday's round was just the first skimming of the cream. There's much more yet to come --

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone know the likelihood of getting prematches at TT Lubbock and A&M? I have those interviews in the next few week and am wondering whether or not they are likely to give prematches to those interviewing in late november/early december.

ACCEPTEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Another II from A&M today! It may not be a fancy shmancy pre-match, but I'm happy nonetheless! :D

Reactions: 6 users
Another II from A&M today! It may not be a fancy shmancy pre-match, but I'm happy nonetheless! :D
Now you have choices to make! Awesome to hear that! And it is technically a pre match. It's before February.

Congrats to all who pre-matched. If you didn't, or you're still waiting on the school of your dreams...plenty of time left!

Not to sound too complacent, but does anyone know how scholarships work with TX schools? I don't have much reason to expect any (and Texas is relatively cheap enough as is), just wondering if schools have anything like merit-based scholarships. I think I remember Foster saying something about that. If so, when would we hear about them? When we pre-match? Once we finally match to a school? If a school offered a scholarship to someone, I think that would factor in to a person's ranking, so I'd think it would have to be before the regular match...right?

Just wondering!

People occasionally get scholarship offers with their acceptances. Other times, schools will wait until you've filled out your FAFSA before they hand out grant/scholarship money.

Total amount available also varies from year to year depending on funding and that sort of thing.

Now you have choices to make! Awesome to hear that! And it is technically a pre match. It's before February.

Well, it's just an interview. But thanks, I'm psyched to have another shot at an acceptance!

If we accept the prematch offers and rank them below another prematch offer on match day, do we still have to contact each school to decline their offer or will it do it for us automatically?

If we accept the prematch offers and rank them below another prematch offer on match day, do we still have to contact each school to decline their offer or will it do it for us automatically?

It should do so automatically. It will be as if you ranked your schools and got into your top ranked school