The Resistance "WW" Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just bad luck for us that he ended up being commander (I'm assuming that was RNG'd) and that he got to pick the second mission group.

Nah, his role was totally rigged. :p

Picking the 2nd group was probably rng though.

Members don't see this ad.

Just bad luck for us that he ended up being commander (I'm assuming that was RNG'd) and that he got to pick the second mission group.
Yeah, roles and selection order were random. You guys were equally lucky that you had two of the first three picks, you just couldn't persuade hard enough.

The game was actually quite winnable for each side, it's just the tiny things that make the difference.

Yeah, roles and selection order were random. You guys were equally lucky that you had two of the first three picks, you just couldn't persuade hard enough.

The game was actually quite winnable for each side, it's just the tiny things that make the difference.
Yeah, but it was a tad overpowered that commander chose second, as that really is what messed us up for the rest of the game unfortunately :(.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, but it was a tad overpowered that commander chose second, as that really is what messed us up for the rest of the game unfortunately :(.
Some days the sun shines on a dog's butt, other days the RNG doesn't go your way.

The randomness can really really affect the real world game, too. I've been in a bunch of games that have just been squashes: 3 in a row for rebels or 3 in a row for spies, just cause of where people where sitting.

The best, though, was one time I was a rebel, the first mission called for 4 players (I think there were 8 of us), and there were 3 fail cards. :laugh: It made the rest of the missions a breeze. The deep spy got our commander, though. :(

Spies win. Even if it was 3-0 rebels.

:eek:

Is the final round the only time they have a shot?

I will say that I thought it was SUPER fishy when Rojo started throwing around 99%. For someone that is usually more careful in their vouching, it was a flag raised....but I believed we were headed in the right direction, so....

I like that there were other roles than just rebel/spy. I had no idea. Haha. Thanks @Chillbo Baggins , this was an interesting new game. :)

Reactions: 1 user
:eek:

Is the final round the only time they have a shot?

I will say that I thought it was SUPER fishy when Rojo started throwing around 99%. For someone that is usually more careful in their vouching, it was a flag raised....but I believed we were headed in the right direction, so....
Yeah, so they get to analyze the game and see who is making the biggest moves against spies, then take their shot if they need to. It's some serious schtuff.

Good game all :). I did vote failure mission 1, as I wasn't sure if people would logic out to keep the same group or not. I used the rojo logic of get the quick point, and hopefully get a second quick point mission 2, and then have 3 missions to win the game. Thanks chillbo, I thoroughly enjoyed the game :).

I knew it! Haja! Yay

(so now that I'm not at the bar drunk and I'm at home drunk...)
For the record....

If we did do the 50/50 deal, you were going to be my choice. :) STL went too hard for Rojo, past the point of reason, so that's what would have been my argument.

Anyway, just felt like outing that. Glad I wasn't totally off.

For the record, this was the other 'reason' for my saying STL was too "pushy". ;) Just didn't feel right. Glad to know I was right in almost all my feels!

So, for the spies, they all knew each other, but (except for FFM and CJ, who were the spy lovers) couldn't PM. That way, if Mission 1 had 4 spies or whatever, they couldn't agree to have one person fail, etc.

On the rebel side, everyone was a plain resistance fighter except Cyndia and Rojo. Cyndia was told that Rojo was the commander, and that she couldn't let anyone find out who he was. Rojo, as Commander, knew 4 of the 5 spies. If rebels got to 3 successes, the one spy he didn't know (dyachei), was given an attempt to assassinate him, but she picked WS.

Offfff course! Haha!

I knew I agreed with Rojo for a reason!

Well now I know how I got singled out from posting 1 thing. I knew rojo had some special role, hence my attack on him the entire game. I just no clue it was THAT good.
There was something about you I didn't like! I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Nooot really, IMHO. It wouldn't have mattered WHO selected the group at that point. I would only have approved that group, because I had good feelings towards everyone selected.

what happens if the deep spy gets the commander?
I'm curious... What made you go for me, @dyachei ?

I like that there were other roles than just rebel/spy. I had no idea. Haha. Thanks @Chillbo Baggins , this was an interesting new game. :)

I knew there were other roles(he alluded to them in his write-ups) but I had no idea what they were.

Nooot really, IMHO. It wouldn't have mattered WHO selected the group at that point. I would only have approved that group, because I had good feelings towards everyone selected.

For the record, I'm not saying my vote was the only one to count. ;) I'm saying that's my line of thinking when rejecting or approving a group.

Suckers...

60% of statistics are made up...

Actually, my stats were dead on if I knew nothing else. Even with what I knew, I was lucky enough with my picks... I was 50-50 at best, and only last minute went hedgie over dyachei...

But, if I wasn't group 2 leader, resistance didn't have a realistic shot. The balance was off with this imo.

The spies made minor inconsistencies that allowed me to call them out as suspicious... FFM not putting himself in, cracker.jack disapproval, then throwing WildZoo out there (I really would have disapproved any group she did), and stl being stl... I laughed when everyone was like "I think it's stl", made mission 2 easy for me to not pick him.

I played it exactly as I would have if I didn't know... Round 1 I was trying to goad them into success, and after round 2, i would have called a spy an idiot if they voted success. I had to do something drastic to get dyachei (who I only figured was the deep spy when she voted no round 4,and when I saw all the spies voted no, I knew 98cats wasn't the sleeper cell) off my trial, hence recommending a spy round 4... I didn't know if you all would follow, glad you didn't, but it might have done the trick with dyachei... That or she probably just couldn't believe I'd be so loud about it if I knew, but come on... It is me. I cursed Chillbo for giving me this role, soooo painful...

I love the concept of this game and think I can tweak the numbers, add more roles (plot cards which work like items, one will allow you to see a vote, one will allow you to auto disapprove, one will make you leader), and make it best of 7,and I think we have something. Thanks Chillbo, and I might roll with this in may...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Suckers...

60% of statistics are made up...

Actually, my stats were dead on if I knew nothing else. Even with what I knew, I was lucky enough with my picks... I was 50-50 at best, and only last minute went hedgie over dyachei...

But, if I wasn't group 2 leader, resistance didn't have a realistic shot. The balance was off with this imo.

The spies made minor inconsistencies that allowed me to call them out as suspicious... FFM not putting himself in, cracker.jack disapproval, then throwing WildZoo out there (I really would have disapproved any group she did), and stl being stl... I laughed when everyone was like "I think it's stl", made mission 2 easy for me to not pick him.

I played it exactly as I would have if I didn't know... Round 1 I was trying to goad them into success, and after round 2, i would have called a spy an idiot if they voted success. I had to do something drastic to get dyachei (who I only figured was the deep spy when she voted no round 4,and when I saw all the spies voted no, I knew 98cats wasn't the sleeper cell) off my trial, hence recommending a spy round 4... I didn't know if you all would follow, glad you didn't, but it might have done the trick with dyachei... That or she probably just couldn't believe I'd be so loud about it if I knew, but come on... It is me. I cursed Chillbo for giving me this role, soooo painful...

I love the concept of this game and think I can tweak the numbers, add more roles (plot cards which work like items, one will allow you to see a vote, one will allow you to auto disapprove, one will make you leader), and make it best of 7,and I think we have something. Thanks Chillbo, and I might roll with this in may...

I am excite already!

Oh, and if mission 1 was a success, I was going to put ffm, WildZoo, and cracker.jack in my squad... Feck the police, blacklist all of us...

When I posted the wiki, I was tempted to mention the commander and bodyguard roles, and was ready to claim bodyguard round 5 if need be to prevent a group destined to fail, but I decided to keep quiet about it...

When I posted the wiki, I was tempted to mention the commander and bodyguard roles, and was ready to claim bodyguard round 5 if need be to prevent a group destined to fail, but I decided to keep quiet about it...

Go sign up for stl's game

Intriguing game, thanks Chillbo!

I did wonder at what the bodyguard bit did... I didn't see that and the commander part on the wiki, so I assumed there was some sort of alternative win condition for the spies. Glad I didn't say anything outright about rojo haha.

it was b/w you and WS. I picked incorrectly. Both of you seemed SO sure of who was a spy
well, i had no clue it was you until your mission 4 disapproval vote...

I was SOOOO close to including you in mission 2 as well... which would have been disasterous... I have a 1 in 7 chance of a spy and of course I almost mess it up...

well, i had no clue it was you until your mission 4 disapproval vote...

I was SOOOO close to including you in mission 2 as well... which would have been disasterous... I have a 1 in 7 chance of a spy and of course I almost mess it up...

This game could have gone so differently.
Looking forward to the next one.

Reactions: 1 user