The Resistance "WW" Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm really impressed this is all working out. My inner jerk kind of wants our team to fail for not trusting me, but we just might win this, so I'm gonna let it slide.

Members don't see this ad.

Still putting myself out there for a mission...promise you wouldn't be disappointed with my vote

Ok, ok, ok...

Honestly, I'm with STL on this, a success in mission 3 was almost guaranteed. If a spy was in the group on mission 2 and voted success (I still don't think so BTW, but will entertain the groups paranoia), then they should have been committed to the deception and succeed mission 3. Why not? They knew at this point the group would carry over and go to mission 4 where they were now entrenced, fail mission 4, and then have huge odds of failing mission 5 because we wouldn't know who to trust. The only caveat is, and unfortunately Chillbo didn't go this way, is that the trend usually was 2 fails needed on mission 4, which would have required the spy in the group to also recruit a second spy in this vote, but i digress. So, unfortunately, if this mission fails, I will still maintain that the highest odds would be on the newest person added, BUT, i could entertain the notion of it being a sleep cell.

I have 2 plans. You guys can feel them out.

So, Going back to my previous numbers:

Mission 1 hold overs, 1 of 2 is a spy (Mad Jack, STL).
Mission 2 and 3 success, 0 of 7 are a spy (Rojo, Escalla, Devyn, Cyndia, Lissa, Hedgie, WS)
People remaining: 4 or 5 of 7 are a spy (dyachei, allieh, wildzoo, saya, 98, ffm, cj).

I think its too risky to pick STL or Mad Jack. I'm suspect on both of them.
Of those remaining 7, the pick is much harder.

Like I said, FFM not putting himself on Mission 1 and never giving an excuse makes me suspect of him
CJ disapproving of my team based on her misgivings of WS, after I mentioned already that WS was my pick, and she responded but didn't voice up at that point, and then her strange logic in her nominee for the mission also makes me suspect her.

And WildZoo is in line to pick the 8th group, who was CJ's pick, and thus is suspicious to me as well, if CJ was hoping to plan a spy in the group. She could also have been trying to make us think a resistance was a spy if she didn't think we were going to accept her group regardless, or CJ could be resistance and has no clue about WZ.

So, Plan 1 is to send WildZoo. If the mission fails, I disapprove of whatever group Wildzoo picks next and hope that the random selects someone else from the team to be the next mission leader. If the mission fails and people want to entertain the idea that someone on the squad not WZ was the mole, i'd be fine replacing 2 people (and while I know I'm resistance, at least some have voiced suspicion of me), but the risk of it being WildZoo would be too high to send her on the 5th mission as well, or to even trust her squad. This is definitely a risk, but it can also give us some good information to use IF we have a next round

The second plan would be to randomly pick between those we really know not much on, which would be dyachei, allieh, saya, 98, +/- wildzoo. Of those, they all (besides WZ) have been hella under the radar and must say, would be a toss up. but, say my suspicion is right on 2 of the 3 i eliminated (FFM, CJ, WZ), then you are down to 2 of 4, which is the best odds we can hope to get.

I was the guinea pig. I didn't really think about picking myself at all, not realizing that it actually lessens the likelihood of failure. It was kind of a scramble that morning, being my first day back at work in a week and a half. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was the guinea pig. I didn't really think about picking myself at all, not realizing that it actually lessens the likelihood of failure. It was kind of a scramble that morning, being my first day back at work in a week and a half. :shrug:
understandable. And if I'm wrong, I'm not above apologizing for black listing you, but you know how these goes... you do one thing in these games and people don't trust you. And in a short game of this size, there isn't much left to redeem yourself.

I'm on board with including WildZoo to see what happens and go from there.

Are we just speculating that 2 fails are required for the last round, or do we know? I thought it was just speculation...

I'm on board with including WildZoo to see what happens and go from there.

Are we just speculating that 2 fails are required for the last round, or do we know? I thought it was just speculation...
read my post closer... i said mission 4 is where 2 fails are required if that's done at all, and it hasn't been done, so I think the chances of 2 fails required next round is very low, and we definitely shouldn't be strategizing on that...

read my post closer... i said mission 4 is where 2 fails are required if that's done at all, and it hasn't been done, so I think the chances of 2 fails required next round is very low, and we definitely shouldn't be strategizing on that...

Ok, thanks. So the answer is yes, speculation. Ok. :p

Super long posts are skimmed for the main points.....what can I say. I don't have the patience. :shrug:

what my argument was, was if mission 4 fails, and we drop ONLY Wildzoo, if there was a mole in the last 2 successes, we would fail because we didn't address the mole. So if mission 4 fails, we HAVE to drop wildzoo, I would 100% disapprove of Wildzoo's mission 5, and we would need to strongly think about whether we need to replace someone else from the group (and hope we luckily picked the 1 of 7 people that was the mole :( ), but i haven't run any of those numbers just yet because i'm hopeful we can succeed mission 4, or at least feel we need to focus on mission 4, but lets just say, if there was a mole, our chances of winning are horrible at best to damn near impossible.

But, if Lissa wants to roll with dyachei, I can approve that selection as well.

what my argument was, was if mission 4 fails, and we drop ONLY Wildzoo, if there was a mole in the last 2 successes, we would fail because we didn't address the mole. So if mission 4 fails, we HAVE to drop wildzoo, I would 100% disapprove of Wildzoo's mission 5, and we would need to strongly think about whether we need to replace someone else from the group (and hope we luckily picked the 1 of 7 people that was the mole :( ), but i haven't run any of those numbers just yet because i'm hopeful we can succeed mission 4, or at least feel we need to focus on mission 4, but lets just say, if there was a mole, our chances of winning are horrible at best to damn near impossible.

But, if Lissa wants to roll with dyachei, I can approve that selection as well.

What happened to 99% confidence?

What happened to 99% confidence?
hehehe

i say what i need to say when i need to say it.

I still feel 99% confident. And like I said, i haven't run the numbers. On first glance, hoping that you replace a 1 of 7 chance (14%) with a 4/5 of 9 chance (44-55%) seems foolish and thus I might still argue our best chance is to roll with the original 7 successes, but thats for next mission if we get there... And i'm not beyond paranoia...

You have gotten better. ;)

This game is bringing out the old rojo though....
eminem.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
hehehe

i say what i need to say when i need to say it.

I still feel 99% confident. And like I said, i haven't run the numbers. On first glance, hoping that you replace a 1 of 7 chance (14%) with a 4/5 of 9 chance (44-55%) seems foolish and thus I might still argue our best chance is to roll with the original 7 successes, but thats for next mission if we get there... And i'm not beyond paranoia...

:lame:

I'm confident after two missions being successful. But I doubt I'm the only one that is not a fan of the bolded statement.

I think we should keep the same team and add Allie to it. Getting a resistance vibe from her.

Reactions: 2 users
To be fair, I read the result and then go back and read the art that you worked so hard on and dedicated your own time to share with us. :angelic:

That's not sarcasm btw. I always appreciate write-ups. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I still have my rojo suspicions, and will probably on principle still vote to reject, but just b/c we are going to keep the last 7 almost definitely, the options are dyachei, allie, wildzoo, mad jack, sayabear, 98cats, myself, FFM, or crackerjack.

Assuming that first mission's mole isn't currently in with you guys, that means its a 50/50 between me and madjack (although Ik its madjack if the mole isn't in with you guys, but that's my perspective, and I understand you guys don't see it from my perspective).

Then there is crackerjack, crackerjack seems almost definitely like a spy to me, and thus, I am inclined not to trust his choice of wildzoo (unless he/she knew that theirs was going to be rejected, in which case he/she was just trying to bluff us, but seems too nooby for that in my opinion).

That leaves us with FFM 98cats, sayabear, allie, and dyachei. I do think that FFM's logic wasnt spyish in the beginning, but was simply an honest mistake, but that's just me. 98cats was sticking with an unpopular opinion (agreeing with me), and generally, spies (wolves) know better than to take unpopular opinions. So I am inclined to believe that 98cats is not a spy.

Sayabear seems super quiet, and I don't really know her playing style, so I am inclined to not suggest her as she is too much of a wildcard. Allie has been a little TOO persistent in my opinion (granted she hasn't really been able to play at all), but the persistence is really starting to get my spydar going....

And then dyachei seems quiet, but I am pretty sure she is busy. So I am not sure what to make of dyachei.

Not really sure who to choose based off of that, but my inclination is it doesn't really matter too much anyway (due to my belief of a mole in the group). However, on the off chance there is not, then I think there are a few obvious choices of who NOT to pick, but not really a wonderful choice of who to pick....

I'll go if you guys want.

I haven't had much to say that someone else hasn't already said - and i have posted input when i have it. I dunno. I'm not busy, just dealing with the usual crap in my life

I still have my rojo suspicions, and will probably on principle still vote to reject, but just b/c we are going to keep the last 7 almost definitely, the options are dyachei, allie, wildzoo, mad jack, sayabear, 98cats, myself, FFM, or crackerjack.

Assuming that first mission's mole isn't currently in with you guys, that means its a 50/50 between me and madjack (although Ik its madjack if the mole isn't in with you guys, but that's my perspective, and I understand you guys don't see it from my perspective).

Then there is crackerjack, crackerjack seems almost definitely like a spy to me, and thus, I am inclined not to trust his choice of wildzoo (unless he/she knew that theirs was going to be rejected, in which case he/she was just trying to bluff us, but seems too nooby for that in my opinion).

That leaves us with FFM 98cats, sayabear, allie, and dyachei. I do think that FFM's logic wasnt spyish in the beginning, but was simply an honest mistake, but that's just me. 98cats was sticking with an unpopular opinion (agreeing with me), and generally, spies (wolves) know better than to take unpopular opinions. So I am inclined to believe that 98cats is not a spy.

Sayabear seems super quiet, and I don't really know her playing style, so I am inclined to not suggest her as she is too much of a wildcard. Allie has been a little TOO persistent in my opinion (granted she hasn't really been able to play at all), but the persistence is really starting to get my spydar going....

And then dyachei seems quiet, but I am pretty sure she is busy. So I am not sure what to make of dyachei.

Not really sure who to choose based off of that, but my inclination is it doesn't really matter too much anyway (due to my belief of a mole in the group). However, on the off chance there is not, then I think there are a few obvious choices of who NOT to pick, but not really a wonderful choice of who to pick....

I disagree. I don't think Allie has been too pushy at all. In fact, she actually backed off of wanting to be on the last mission. I do think *you* have been pushy, though.
I don't trust you, MJ, WZ or CJ at all.

Sayabear I have no feelings on, been very quiet.

Dyachei, 98cats and FFM- dunno.

Allie is the strongest feeling I have for being resistance.

I have an idea for the last round. But that will have to be for when we're at the very end....

I'm very much inclined to think this team is 99.99% clear....putting us within one mission of winning (instead of the spies) is very VERY stupid move for a spy, so I really don't think that there's a mole.

So with the person that is added, if it fails, I will attribute it to them being the spy. That puts us in a sudden death round with 2-2 and we'll have to be more careful there....

Reactions: 1 users
I disagree. I don't think Allie has been too pushy at all. In fact, she actually backed off of wanting to be on the last mission. I do think *you* have been pushy, though.
I don't trust you, MJ, WZ or CJ at all.

Sayabear I have no feelings on, been very quiet.

Dyachei, 98cats and FFM- dunno.

Allie is the strongest feeling I have for being resistance.
I haven't asked to go on one mission. So I am curious how you think I have been pushy. I have been opinionated, which I usually am. But not pushy. But whatever, think what you want, just don't put MJ on a mission, as he is the spy from that first group if there is no mole in the current group.

I have an idea for the last round. But that will have to be for when we're at the very end....

I'm very much inclined to think this team is 99.99% clear....putting us within one mission of winning (instead of the spies) is very VERY stupid move for a spy, so I really don't think that there's a mole.

So with the person that is added, if it fails, I will attribute it to them being the spy. That puts us in a sudden death round with 2-2 and we'll have to be more careful there....

I agree. I don't think there's a mole. That would be really stupid of a spy to do that. It is really hard to tell who out of the few remaining would be a spy. I agree with those who don't trust MJ, CJ, and WZ. I can tell you that I'm required to vote success, but I'm not sure that's enough to convince you of anything. But I'm not opposed to me not being on the team at all. Just thought it couldn't hurt to say I'm not a spy.

To be completely honest....

I'm almost inclined to pick of STL/MJ with the chances being 50/50.

If we pick the spy, they really only have one option: FAIL the mission.

**If they do, they put the spies at 2, but essentially guarantee themselves exiled as I am very confident that we're currently spy free with a 2x success track record.

Then we know the other is the clear one, can add them, and be in this situation next time in regards to picking someone from the other group. My idea could help with this last round, so it could be good to go.

This is assuming that there wasn't two spies in the first group and one just chose success. But I feel more confident going on that right now than the chances of 4 or 5/7 being spies and somehow picking from there right now.

Thoughts?

I'm all for either allie or possibly ffm - I do think the first slip up on FFMs part was an honest mistake (when the game began, I didn't realise team leaders could choose themselves).

**If they do, they put the spies at 2, but essentially guarantee themselves exiled as I am very confident that we're currently spy free with a 2x success track record.

Then we know the other is the clear one, can add them, and be in this situation next time in regards to picking someone from the other group. My idea could help with this last round, so it could be good to go.

This is assuming that there wasn't two spies in the first group and one just chose success. But I feel more confident going on that right now than the chances of 4 or 5/7 being spies and somehow picking from there right now.

Thoughts?

But couldn't we just pick someone we aren't sure about with a chance they are a spy and end up in the same spot we would be after choosing STL or MJ?

Thoughts?

I'm not really a fan of this idea.. I know the chances there's a sleeper spy in the group are slim, but what if we're wrong and there is one? Then we could really screw ourselves over by assuming it's either STL or MJ. And I am very suspicious of both, so that doesn't help either.. I would much rather try for someone new that we think is resistance from their behaviour thus far.

But couldn't we just pick someone we aren't sure about with a chance they are a spy and end up in the same spot we would be after choosing STL or MJ?

Choosing STL or MJ gives us information on the both of them. (assuming 1 spy in the first group with one choice of failure)

Choosing from the other group only gives us information on the one person and doesn't give us anything more.

Whoever is chosen has to vote fail if they're a spy, otherwise it's game over. So that could potentially clear the other person....

Not to mention 50/50 is still a better chance than 4 or 5/7.

I'm not really a fan of this idea.. I know the chances there's a sleeper spy in the group are slim, but what if we're wrong and there is one? Then we could really screw ourselves over by assuming it's either STL or MJ. And I am very suspicious of both, so that doesn't help either.. I would much rather try for someone new that we think is resistance from their behaviour thus far.

I'm not 100% convinced there isn't....but the chances of picking two resistance members out of 7 when there's 4 or 5 spies? Those chances seem a lot slimmer.

Choosing STL or MJ gives us information on the both of them. (assuming 1 spy in the first group with one choice of failure)

Choosing from the other group only gives us information on the one person and doesn't give us anything more.

Whoever is chosen has to vote fail if they're a spy, otherwise it's game over. So that could potentially clear the other person....

Maybe we already discussed this, but are we sure only one of them is a spy and not both?

Maybe we already discussed this, but are we sure only one of them is a spy and not both?

We don't know. So there's a risk.

I just really don't like the odds currently presented in the other group....

I'm a riskier person of late, so there's that.

Thoughts?

There very well could have been two in the 1st group... Then it's 100/100. I don't like those odds. Judging by behavior and odds of being a spy, I still say Allie wins. (Rojo can do the actual math on that one. ;) )

I'd forgotten 1/2 is better than 4-5/7... too much maths, I miss WW.

I think what it is, is just that I am really suspicious of both MJ and STL (more so of STL I think), so I hate the idea of picking either. But lets see what everyone else thinks of that idea :shrug:

We don't know. So there's a risk.

I just really don't like the odds currently presented in the other group....

I'm a riskier person of late, so there's that.

Yeah. I'm not sure. If they both happen to be spies. And let's say the one we pick is a spy so we clear the other. And then we put them in the next team, and they end up being a spy too. I just think that's pretty risky, and we would be screwed twice in a row. I don't really feel comfortable doing that.

BUT if they are both spies, then we screw ourselves thinking like this.

Say we put STL in and the mission fails. We take him out, put MJ in AND still have to choose another person to add(assuming the number per mission will always increase).

If they were both spies in Mission #1, spies for sure win.

I would rather put Allie in this time. If we Succeed, then we can add STL in the last mission.

With what 98 cats voiced above, I think I'd be alright putting him in as well. Allie or 98. I don't think a spy would say something like that at this point in time. :thumbup:

Well, you're free to disagree of course.

There's a decision the can be made after this mission if it fails and it doesn't necessarily have to include the other of STL/MJ. We still have free will there.....

Well, you're free to disagree of course.

There's a decision the can be made after this mission if it fails and it doesn't necessarily have to include the other of STL/MJ. We still have free will there.....

We can't just do the maths here, though. We need to take into consideration how we FEEL about certain people based on their postings. And I don't feel comfortable with either STL or MJ.

We can't just do the maths here, though. We need to take into consideration how we FEEL about certain people based on their postings. And I don't feel comfortable with either STL or MJ.

I understand. I think a combo is needed.....

I just don't feel comfortable basing all this on my reading of people at this point. I like stats better right now.

You keep saying you are uncomfortable with me and that I am being pushy, but have not given me one valid reason. Please explain to me, I am quite curious what logic you are using here...

You keep saying you are uncomfortable with me and that I am being pushy, but have not given me one valid reason. Please explain to me, I am quite curious what logic you are using here...

I am uncomfortable with BOTH you and MJ because there could have been 2 spies M1 and one of you voted Succeed.
Maybe "pushy" was the wrong choice. Opinionated? LOL I just don't agree with most of your proposals.

And I'm off to work again. :( Knee hates me right now. I think I'll be crawling by the end of hte night.