The SDN Pharmacy Stock Market Challenge v3.0 (2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The markets are in turmoil, global pressures have turned the steady march of the last seven years' bull market into a sideways free-for-all, and the US is potentially on the verge of a political revolution not seen this century. It's a perfect time for....

The SDN Pharmacy Stock Market Challenge 2016!

Click on this link, register (and use your SDN screen name as your real name), and make trades! Simple as that. The site is on Marketwatch.com so if you have a previous account, create a new one (so you don't blast your real name out there or something).

Note (change from 2015): Marketwatch will blast your "real name" onto the forum, so pick your screenname (or a pseudonym, if you wish -- mine is Carlos the Razor).​

There are no prizes, no fees, just bragging rights on here. The game starts as of market open on 3/14/2016 and will run through 3/10/2017. If you're new to trading, don't be intimidated...remember, it's fake money anyway, so have fun. Check in here from time to time for market comments and other cheerful banter. Feel free to register multiple accounts if you want to present a Jekyl/Hyde way of investing.

Here are the details/parameters: $250,000 starting portfolio, $5 trade commissions, 1% interest rate on cash, $0.00 minimum stock price, advanced trade options available (short, limit orders, margin trading, stop loss), and full shares only (no partial).

So what will you do...dump all of your money into big pharma? Go crazy with penny stocks? Sink $250k into your favorite retail chain? Buy all GLD to go with your aluminum foil hat and CB radio?

For old time's sake, check out the SDN Pharmacy Stock Market Challenge 2008 and 2015 thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Bumping for the start on Monday. I love all the usernames on there....who the heck is Bentover Muppet? :laugh:

Can everyone see your buys in the game?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Yes, transactions and holdings are public, but unexecuted orders are not.

So if you put in a limit order @ $50, that stays hidden until it is actually executed.

Members don't see this ad :)
And we're off and running! 4 hrs into market open and there's already a $10,000 spread between first and last place.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Well no one was holding Valeant this morning so Id say its a pretty good start for everyone lol

My portfolio was heavy on Perrigo. Then, their CEO jumped ship to doomed Valeant.