The "Should I retake? What do my scores mean? Are my scores any good?" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:idea:Well, it's that time of the year again when PCAT examinees rush to their mailboxes every day hoping to receive those elusive PCAT score reports.

To assist future PCAT test takers, it would be best if there was one thread where people can view or request other opinions on their own PCAT scores rather than having to search multiple threads with obscure titles. So, here goes (this is a work in progress:))! Please, please, please keep the score reports and "Yay! I got my scores!" to this thread.

Note: If you really know how the scoring works and just want an opinion on your scores, then just go to Section V in the second post in this thread.:)

Thread Outline
I. Your Score Report
II. Your Scores
III. The popular "Are my scores good?" question.
IV. The popular "Do I need to retake the PCAT?" question
V. The Final Verdict
VI. Your Score Versus Your School's Average

I. Your Score Report

You should receive a regular, letter-sized envelope with about a sheet or two of paper. One that them should be a plain sheet with your scores. Basically, this sheet lists each scaled score with the accompanying percentile score for each section followed by your composite score which is a percentile based on the averaged scale score from the five sections. You will see your writing score separate from the other sections. Rather self-explanatory to me......

II. Your Scores

You mostly want to focus on your percentile rank, most particularly the composite score. That is the number that adcoms focus on during the primary review that determines if you get an interview. Some schools may go in-depth into your scores, but that composite score is the first tell.

Just as a reminder, your percentile score distinguishes your performance from examinees from a 1998-2003 standard testing group. However, adcoms compare your score to everyone in their applicant pool. Simply put, a 70th percentile means that you performed better than about 70% of the examinees during the aforementioned 1998-2003 period. The higher the score, the better off you will be.

Addendum: There have been many questions on SDN inquiring about the nature of the three-digit scaled scores one finds on the score report and how that score is used to get one's percentile score. To be honest, nobody outside of relations with Harcourt understands the system or even the true number of questions needed to earn a 90th percentile or any other score. Perhaps this is best explained in a hypothetical situation. After each exam, Harcourt examines the pool of test takers and derives a scale that corresponds to a scaled score. One earns a certain scaled score based on the number of correct questions answered. This scale is different between examinations and between sections to account for the slight differences in difficulty across test dates and perhaps even test forms within the same testing date. Te scaled score one gets corresponds to the aforementioned 1998-2003 pool. Based on past research on this forum, it seems that a 400 in any section will result in a 50th percentile and a 430 is "worth" the same for every testing date for example. Therefore, one is being compared to that standard testing group but any changes in the exam now versus back then is accounted for through the derivation of a new scale that accounts for that. It's just that the number of correct questions needed to earn a certain scaled score fluctuates and is determined for each PCAT administration separately. So, nobody really knows how many questions need to be answered correctly in order to be in a certain percentile.

III. The popular "Are my scores good?" question.

The most prevalent question that examinees have after receiving their scores is whether the scores are good enough for admission into pharmacy school. That leads to the corollary question to whether the examinee should retake the PCAT. Before we continue, it's best to establish some guidelines. The criteria I am about to present is not a strict rule. It is based on generalizations of PCAT worthiness at schools. This is just advice.

First of all, averages are just that = averages. Just because you don't make your school's PCAT average doesn't mean your application is doomed. People get in with low PCAT scores due to a number of reasons, like:
  • Having a high GPA with great pharmacy experience and LORs
  • Having a great interview
  • ..and...having great "contacts" in the adcom, like a dad or someone
If one looked at the PCAT score distribution at each school, it would probably resemble something like a grade distribution we often see after taking an exam. That is, a few students get As, many get around Bs to Ds with the peak at Cs or the average and/or median score, and a few fantastically bomb the exam. So for competitive PCAT scores, you do have to meet the average score for competitiveness, you want to literally be in the middle of the pack. Sure, you want your scores to stand out, but the answer to the question "Are my PCAT scores good enough" simply asks whether your scores are a liability on your application making a retake of the PCAT prudent and advisable.

So, I think a better gauge for "competitiveness" is through the competitive range. Simply put, this range represents the majority of the school's incoming class. Ideally, you want a score that is at least in the range occupied by the middle 50% of students that takes out the top 25% PCAT students that get in and the bottom 25% who get in due to the other factors I mentioned earlier. Since each school has different distributions, I roughly set a range of five percentiles plus or minus the school's PCAT average. So for a school with an average of 80, the competitive range is about 75-85. Your score is competitive in that range, but it doesn't stand out from other applications nor is it a blemish on your application. Remember, I am speaking in general.

IV. The popular "Do I need to retake the PCAT?" question

You need to consider your whole package as it affects the answer to this question:
  • Your stats (GPA, pharmacy hours worked) and LORs
  • Your interpersonal ability needed for an effective interview
  • Your writing skills (PCAT writing score, school-specific essays, PS)
  • Your "contacts"
If you have greatness in the above, than having a lower than competitive PCAT won't hurt as much versus the average applicant. If you lack some of the above, then you probably need a higher PCAT to compensate. For the purposes of this thread, we'll just consider how the scores look without any influence from other factors.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the PCAT on the 20th of July and my preliminary score just sucks!!

VA - 24% :)confused:expected atleast 40%)
RC-32% (fml :confused:don't know how it happened!!!:mad:)
BIO- 80%
CHEM- 88%
QA- 77%
Composite - 65% :(

My GPA is 3.97 and I have pharmacy related experience in and outside the U.S and I was previously enrolled in a Pharmacy school outside the U.S but I wasn't able to get a degree since I moved to the U.S.

My TOEFL score is 108/120 which I hope shows my english skills... At this point I feel like I completely bombed the PCAT but I don't know if I should even retake the it.

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do regarding my case?

Actually, I would have to disagree. I took the Kaplan tests and aced all the sections. I thought I was golden. I even studied every lecture note on every subject tested too. I ended up doing so poorly on it. Bummed! Most of the stuff I reviewed on the Kaplan was not even tested. I felt like I wasted my time. I spent 3 months studying too.

Just a note to you studiers out there - this is a great example of why using multiple study sources is advantageous to you. I know for a fact that there were questions on the PCAT that I didn't see in one study guide, but were in another. Use a well rounded study method, and put a decent amount of time into practicing taking the test, not just the learning the content, and you'll do fine.

I took my PCAT on July 27th as well and I did good in some areas and not so good in some areas. Here's my percentiles:

VA: 50%
BIO: 99%
CHEM: 95%
RC: 19% <---:scared:
QA: 93%

Should I retake? Aside from PCAT, I have great leadership skills at my univeristy (historian, vice president, and now currently president of pre-pharmacy association), 200+ volunteer hours in a hospital pharmacy, and by the time I apply I will have +1.5 years of pharmacy technician job experience. And my overall GPA is currently 3.78. I'll be graduating with a degree in Biology. While I was in high school I was active in HOSA (as secretary) and was in the clinical rotation program (shadowed a lot of MDs).

I will be applying to all Texas and Oklahoma pharmacy schools.

What should I do? I'm so confused. Someone please evaluate me!!

I'd actually like to see the composite score but, from the look of your section percentiles, I wouldn't even bother retaking the PCAT. I think your fine (since your GPA is good, plenty of volunteer/work experience, etc)!

I took the PCAT on the 20th of July and my preliminary score just sucks!!

VA - 24% :)confused:expected atleast 40%)
RC-32% (fml :confused:don't know how it happened!!!:mad:)
BIO- 80%
CHEM- 88%
QA- 77%
Composite - 65% :(

My GPA is 3.97 and I have pharmacy related experience in and outside the U.S and I was previously enrolled in a Pharmacy school outside the U.S but I wasn't able to get a degree since I moved to the U.S.

My TOEFL score is 108/120 which I hope shows my english skills... At this point I feel like I completely bombed the PCAT but I don't know if I should even retake the it.

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do regarding my case?

This is a tough call. I personally think you should retake it. You want to couple a very good GPA with at least a 75+ to have an ease of mind when you are applying to pharmacy schools. If you bring it up to that point, I know you'll be in good shape!

Members don't see this ad :)
The scenario I mention occurs when someone earns a 95+ in math, verbal, and reading, but mediocre scores in the science sections to bring the composite down to 85. The most extreme example is when one does well in four sections, but has a science section lower than 70. In that case, the composite is a potential keeper, but one may want to retake the PCAT. More often than not, a score here is competitive but the PCAT could be worth retaking.

How low are you talking about? For example, I got a 94 on my PCAT but I scored a mediocre 71 in biology. I still got into pharmacy schools. I suppose the exam is worth retaking if your verbal is in the 60s or below, but you have to consider if you were "hot" in the other sections. That is, you scored higher than you expected and than you normally do on reputable practice exams (which doesn't mean many, but still).

P.S. Everyone else can chime in on questions. I'd like for this thread to become very popular so that future PCAT takers can get the whole picture.;)
What if somone gets a 20 in verbal, 66 in bio , 66 in math , 98 in che and 33 in passage?!

I wana retake it but wayne state takes average of 73th, so is it really bad for it?

Plus they want a 25 plus in verbal and passage, and 50 plus in bio, che , math?!

Please anyone help!

How did u manage good in bio, did u read bio kaplan stuff or all of ur previous notes, PLEASE LEME KNOW! appreciate it

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get opinion on my shot for pharmacy school with my GPA and scores.

I have an overall GPA of 3.82 and science GPA around 3.5 and am in WMU's honors college. I was president of my fraternity and have done hundred of hours volunteering. I have no pharmacy work/shadowing experience but I have worked in a home care setting with kids and conduct research in a microbio lab. My PS is strong and I have 3 LORs that should satisfy from my Research Adviser/Professor, Employer, and Faculty Adviser.

My scores:
Biology: 76%
Verbal: 71%
RC: 35% :rolleyes: (not surprised)
QA: 90%
Chemistry: 92%
Overall: 82%

The schools I am applying to are Wayne State and Ferris State. I am afraid that 2 schools won't be enough, so I plan on applying to U of M and Butler as well. I know the 2 latter schools are harder to get into, so i wasn't sure if I should even bother applying. Any opinion is appreciated.

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get opinion on my shot for pharmacy school with my GPA and scores.

I have an overall GPA of 3.82 and science GPA around 3.5 and am in WMU's honors college. I was president of my fraternity and have done hundred of hours volunteering. I have no pharmacy work/shadowing experience but I have worked in a home care setting with kids and conduct research in a microbio lab. My PS is strong and I have 3 LORs that should satisfy from my Research Adviser/Professor, Employer, and Faculty Adviser.

My scores:
Biology: 76%
Verbal: 71%
RC: 35% :rolleyes: (not surprised)
QA: 90%
Chemistry: 92%
Overall: 82%

The schools I am applying to are Wayne State and Ferris State. I am afraid that 2 schools won't be enough, so I plan on applying to U of M and Butler as well. I know the 2 latter schools are harder to get into, so i wasn't sure if I should even bother applying. Any opinion is appreciated.
Actually you have a great shot at U of M and Butler with your GPA and scores and extracurricular

Okay, so I'm applying to the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy and Southwestern Oklahoma State for Fall 2012. I took the PCAT this July and got my official scores today.
Verbal: SS: 423 PR: 82
Biology: SS: 421 PR: 80
Reading Comprehension: SS: 406 PR: 55
Quantitative Ability: SS: 413 PR: 64
Chemistry: SS: 463 PR: 98
Composite: SS: 425 PR: 86
Writing: Conventions of Language: 3.5 Mean 2.85
Writing: Problem Solving: 3.5 Mean 2.86

My GPA is 3.95 at a state school with a 3.91 science GPA and 4.0 non-science GPA. I'm in the Honors college and have multiple extracurriculars. I'm just worried about the low Reading Comp score and a lack of pharmacy shadowing/experience. Am I a qualified candidate? Thanks for any advice!

Okay, so I'm applying to the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy and Southwestern Oklahoma State for Fall 2012. I took the PCAT this July and got my official scores today.
Verbal: SS: 423 PR: 82
Biology: SS: 421 PR: 80
Reading Comprehension: SS: 406 PR: 55
Quantitative Ability: SS: 413 PR: 64
Chemistry: SS: 463 PR: 98
Composite: SS: 425 PR: 86

My GPA is 3.95 at a state school with a 3.91 science GPA and 4.0 non-science GPA. I'm in the Honors college and have multiple extracurriculars. I'm just worried about the low Reading Comp score and a lack of pharmacy shadowing/experience. Am I a qualified candidate? Thanks for any advice!

It seems to me that you are in good shape ha!

Holy crap, something other than a 3 / 3 in writing! :eek:

(Seriously, though, if you want someone to look at your overall chances - rather than just your PCAT score - you may want to head over to the WAMC thread on the Pre-Pharm board.)

Hi! New member here.....

I'm doing the late registration for the September PCAT, and was hoping i can get my question answered here....

When registering for the PCAT and choosing your score recipients, do i just check off PharmCAS code 104 or code 104 + all the schools i will be applying to?
Under school information on the pharmcas website, most schools say to just choose PharmCAS code 104.

Thanks in advance.

Hi! New member here.....

I'm doing the late registration for the September PCAT, and was hoping i can get my question answered here....

When registering for the PCAT and choosing your score recipients, do i just check off PharmCAS code 104 or code 104 + all the schools i will be applying to?
Under school information on the pharmcas website, most schools say to just choose PharmCAS code 104.

Thanks in advance.

Yup just choose PharmCAS .. and then if you are applying to any schools that are not PharmCAS don't forget to select those either =)

Verbal 416 (73)
Biology 435 (91)
Reading 397 (40)
Quantitative 435 (89)
Chemistry 439 (91)
Composite 424 (85)

Conventions: 2
Problem Solving: 2.5

Crap, should I retake? I have 5 more days to decide, can anyone help me consider?
I currently have a 3.3 overall GPA and 3.14 science GPA. Would this and my composite PCAT score override my poor Writing section grade?

I'm considering these universities
Uni. of Pittsburg
Wilkes
Rutgers
LIU
SUNY Buffalo
Temple Uni
St. John Fisher

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal 416 (73)
Biology 435 (91)
Reading 397 (40)
Quantitative 435 (89)
Chemistry 439 (91)
Composite 424 (85)

Conventions: 2
Problem Solving: 2.5

Crap, should I retake? I have 5 more days to decide, can anyone help me consider?
I currently have a 3.3 overall GPA and 3.14 science GPA. Would this and my composite PCAT score override my poor Writing section grade?

I'm considering these universities
Uni. of Pittsburg
Wilkes
Rutgers
LIU
SUNY Buffalo
Temple Uni
St. John Fisher

I'd say no..

I need to decide ASAP if I should retake the PCAT, but I'm going back and forth about it. I took it for the first time and...

V: 92
RC: 99
Bio: 94
Chem: 72
QA: 32 **
Comp: 92

Assuming everything else on my application (GPA, LORs, work experience, ECs) is competitive, would it be worth it to risk lowering the high scores (especially the composite) to raise the QA and Chem scores? Thanks a lot!

I need to decide ASAP if I should retake the PCAT, but I'm going back and forth about it. I took it for the first time and...

V: 92
RC: 99
Bio: 94
Chem: 72
QA: 32 **
Comp: 92

Assuming everything else on my application (GPA, LORs, work experience, ECs) is competitive, would it be worth it to risk lowering the high scores (especially the composite) to raise the QA and Chem scores? Thanks a lot!

How would you improve it this time? My advice is not to retake, you would be wasting your money.

I agree, unless the college you really want to go to has a minimum quant score they require - call them. Otherwise, that's a pretty darn good composite.

Even if the school has a minimum what can the OP do to raise the score in such a short time frame? Taking again so soon would be flushing money down the drain.

Hello. I just took the pcat today and the scores are

verbal - 68
reading comp - 69
biology - 84
chemistry - 95
quantitative - 91
composite - 89

I know it says that the average of those students who get in get a composite score of 85~90 and at least 65 must be scored on each section....My concern is that my verbal and reading comp scores are just barely over 65 and wonder if this would be a big disadvantage for me even though I have a 89 composite score..I would like any advice from anyone and if there are any UBC pharamcy students here..please advise me! I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!

verbal - 68
reading comp - 69
biology - 84
chemistry - 95
quantitative - 91
composite - 89

I know it says that the average of those students who get in get a composite score of 85~90 and at least 65 must be scored on each section....My concern is that my verbal and reading comp scores are just barely over 65 and wonder if this would be a big disadvantage for me even though I have a 89 composite score..I would like any advice from anyone and if there are any UBC pharamcy students here..please advise me! I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!

Moved to the thread that is sticky at the top that says "...Should I retake..."

And no, no you should not.

So I just finished taking the pcat today and bombed it...real bad. I was planning to apply this yr, but now i don't think it would be a great idea. What do you think I should do?

My composite was a 65.
My GPA~3.4
No work experience, only shadowing/volunteering
Currently work in a pharmacology lab.

Is it worth applying this cycle? I haven't gotten any rec letters yet because I wanted to see how I did. Someone please help.

So I just finished taking the pcat today and bombed it...real bad. I was planning to apply this yr, but now i don't think it would be a great idea. What do you think I should do?

My composite was a 65.
My GPA~3.4
No work experience, only shadowing/volunteering
Currently work in a pharmacology lab.

Is it worth applying this cycle? I haven't gotten any rec letters yet because I wanted to see how I did. Someone please help.

I would still apply personally. You might get in. If not, you have more experience for next year!

Just got done with the PCAT for the 2nd time (took it last year, bombed it with 69 composite). New scores:

Verbal - 82
Biology - 90
Reading comp - 92
Quant -34
Chem - 81
Composite - 84

verbal - 68
reading comp - 69
biology - 84
chemistry - 95
quantitative - 91
composite - 89

I know it says that the average of those students who get in get a composite score of 85~90 and at least 65 must be scored on each section....My concern is that my verbal and reading comp scores are just barely over 65 and wonder if this would be a big disadvantage for me even though I have a 89 composite
score..I would like any advice from anyone and if there are any UBC pharamcy students here..please advise me! I would really appreciate it! Thank
you!!

Dont retake, and ubc only look at ur composite score. The 65 minimum refers to the composit only! 89 is very good imo :p

So..I have taken my pcat and my scores are
verbal : 63
bio:83
chem:93
RC: 63
Quantitative: 91

composite: 85

I have read the thread that recommends not taking the pcat if you have a composite score of 85 and over...but my scores in each subject have a significant range...some in their low 60s...does it really matter even if you have a composite score of 85? or should i just keep the score?

I have read the thread that recommends not taking the pcat if you have a composite score of 85 and over...but my scores in each subject have a significant range...some in their low 60s...does it really matter even if you have a composite score of 85? or should i just keep the score?

Merged with existing "should I retake" sticky. Please use the search function in the future before posting a new thread.

I don't see any reason for a retake.

verbal - 68
reading comp - 69
biology - 84
chemistry - 95
quantitative - 91
composite - 89

Moved to the thread that is sticky at the top that says "...Should I retake..."

And no, no you should not.

Just noticed that you've been told this before. For the exact same thing. And why are you asking about one set of scores 3 days ago and a different set of scores today?

I just took the PCAT a couple days ago and these are my preliminary scores:
Verbal: 40
Biology: 96
Reading: 40
Quant: 83
Chemistry: 68
Composite: 74

My GPA is 3.7 at the moment, and I am applying to UMES. Is this PCAT score high or enough or should I plan to retake?

Hello!
Here are my prelim scores

My scores are:
VA: 419/77
BIO: 417/75
RC: 424/81
QA: 417/70
CHEM: 422/77
COMP: 420/80

They arent bad, but they arent awesome either..
My GPA is around 82%
I'm applying to UofT in Canada..
If you dont know the school, how do u think the scores are in general?

Thanks!

So, I am totally in the dark about this...here are my scores for the PCAT based on normative data...whatever that means.
Scaled %tile
Verbal 403 53
Bio 404 54
Comp 395 37
Math 426 81
Chem 422 77
Composite 410 64

I live in south florida, so logically I want to get accepted by Nova Southeastern University. I don't know what is competitive other than what I read on this forum, and my science GPA is about 2.8. My Cumulative GPA is 3.24 with two semesters left before I get my BS in English lit (minors in chem and music plus premed/prepharm classes). I have no experience working/volunteering in the health sciences, and would like to pursue a PhD in pharmacology.

What do you guys think? Can I get into NSU with these credentials? By the way, I took the MCAT a week before the PCAT and misinformed, did not study for the PCAT at all thinking it was exactly like the MCAT. The only reason I am hesitant to take the PCAT again is because I don't want to wait for the next application cycle. I want to start in fall of 2012.

So, I am totally in the dark about this...here are my scores for the PCAT based on normative data...whatever that means.
Scaled %tile
Verbal 403 53
Bio 404 54
Comp 395 37
Math 426 81
Chem 422 77
Composite 410 64

I live in south florida, so logically I want to get accepted by Nova Southeastern University. I don't know what is competitive other than what I read on this forum, and my science GPA is about 2.8. My Cumulative GPA is 3.24 with two semesters left before I get my BS in English lit (minors in chem and music plus premed/prepharm classes). I have no experience working/volunteering in the health sciences, and would like to pursue a PhD in pharmacology.

What do you guys think? Can I get into NSU with these credentials? By the way, I took the MCAT a week before the PCAT and misinformed, did not study for the PCAT at all thinking it was exactly like the MCAT. The only reason I am hesitant to take the PCAT again is because I don't want to wait for the next application cycle. I want to start in fall of 2012.

Hang on, are you applying to the PharmD program or the PhD program? You don't need the PCAT for any PhD program that I'm aware of. Typically they want the GRE. If you're going to get your PharmD and then your PhD or pursue a dual degree program, then you might as well apply this year and see what happens. Your stats aren't great, but if you don't get in this year, you can always reapply next year after retaking.

I have a question! Probably really trivial but I took my PCAT today and my composite was 95% and Bio & Chem 96% and everything else in the mid to high 80's.
Do you know if the actual percentile will change much since there were other students taking it after I was? Or does it stay the same?

I have a question! Probably really trivial but I took my PCAT today and my composite was 95% and Bio & Chem 96% and everything else in the mid to high 80's.
Do you know if the actual percentile will change much since there were other students taking it after I was? Or does it stay the same?

The percentile ranks aren't based on how the people who are taking it when you are did. The website breaks it down in more detail somewhere, but they use a group of first time test takers they gathered data on at some point in the past as a reference to compare you to.

The percentile ranks aren't based on how the people who are taking it when you are did. The website breaks it down in more detail somewhere, but they use a group of first time test takers they gathered data on at some point in the past as a reference to compare you to.

From Pearson's FAQs (www.pcatweb.info):
21. Are my scores derived by comparing them to the other students who took the exam on the same date as me?
Your percentile rank scores are based on the current norm group each time you take the PCAT. The current norm group is defined as all first-time examinees who took the test between October 2004 and May 2007. Your scaled scores are based on the number of live items that you answered correctly for each subtest. Each multiple-choice subtest is calculated separately.

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here, I thought I'd post my scores from yesterday, I'm a little disappointed I didn't reach an 80 but did well in the Biology and Chemistry sections, do pharmacy schools (like UF) look at those individual scores a little?

VA 416/73
Bio 425/84
RC 411/63
QA 402/45
Chem 434/88
Composite: 77

I'm a preprofessional biology major and have about a 3.15 science GPA, 3.3 overall, but I am a pharmacy volunteer, a TA, and am involved with my pre-pharmacy club, and have one letter of rec from an anatomy professor I got an A with and one from my supervisor at the hospital pharmacy I volunteer at who is a certified pharmacy technician. Does anyone think my record is good enough for getting into UF and/or USF? I didn't think it would be much help to retake the PCAT again, last year my composite was a 67, so I'm happy I improved (also, do we have the same PCAT CID from a year ago if I took it last October, and if PharmCAS keeps those scores and sends them to the schools? I don't know if that were true and if that would help or hinder my application). Thanks, I was hoping to get an 80 but I wasn't too far off, but still :(

How is your scaled score suppose to relate to your percentile ranks? cuz mine don't seem to make ANY sense!! My VA(412/68%) but my QA(393/29%). The scaled scores aren't that different so something doesn't look right!

Verbal: 427/86
Biology: 435/91
Reading: 449/97
Quantitative: 380/12 <-----:scared:
Chemistry: 418/72
Composite: 422/ 83

Verbal: 427/86
Biology: 435/91
Reading: 449/97
Quantitative: 380/12 <-----:scared:
Chemistry: 418/72
Composite: 422/ 83

should have just marked C all the way down on quant lol From what I see your scores are great minues the quant. If your school has a minimum your in trouble if not I think you should be okay. Good luck

So I just took my pcat on september 21 2011, scores were shocking to me:

Verbal Ability 384 / 23
Biology 425 / 84
Reading Comprehension 397 / 40
Quantitative Ability 381 / 13 (still don't understand how this happened, i did SO good on my SATs just a year ago)
Chemistry 426 / 81
Composite 403 / 49

I took a look at the scores in the post just before me, and it got me really wondering if something was up with QA on this particular exam date. I'm definitely retaking my pcats in january even though LIU said they might or might not look at it.

So yeah my GPA is 3.46 (so average, i thought PCAT was actually gonna help), this GPA is from Seton Hall where I spent my freshman year, now I'm in Rutgers and I only took one class over the summer with 3.0 GPA , but im doing better this semester

I'm applying to Rutgers, LIU, Temple, Howard, Connecticut (idk why), Georgia and Maryland

I had my pharmacy technician certificate 3 years ago, with only some volunteering experience in retail pharmacy. Recommendation letters should not be a problem.

One last notice, as a freshman out of high school i was accepted into both Rutgers Pharmacy and St John Pharmacy, i didnt go coz i wanted to do physical therapy and pharmacy was kinda my second choice, but now im sure i want to do pharmacy (stupid mistake that took away my admission to one of the best pharmacy programs, but i believe things happen for a reason). So yeah I'm wondering if mentioning this in my personal statement is going to help or hurt my case. I'm sorry if my post is long and confusing, but ANY advice will be appreciated, thankssss!!!

So I just took my pcat on september 21 2011, scores were shocking to me:

Verbal Ability 384 / 23
Biology 425 / 84
Reading Comprehension 397 / 40
Quantitative Ability 381 / 13 (still don't understand how this happened, i did SO good on my SATs just a year ago)
Chemistry 426 / 81
Composite 403 / 49

I took a look at the scores in the post just before me, and it got me really wondering if something was up with QA on this particular exam date. I'm definitely retaking my pcats in january even though LIU said they might or might not look at it.

So yeah my GPA is 3.46 (so average, i thought PCAT was actually gonna help), this GPA is from Seton Hall where I spent my freshman year, now I'm in Rutgers and I only took one class over the summer with 3.0 GPA , but im doing better this semester

I'm applying to Rutgers, LIU, Temple, Howard, Connecticut (idk why), Georgia and Maryland

I had my pharmacy technician certificate 3 years ago, with only some volunteering experience in retail pharmacy. Recommendation letters should not be a problem.

One last notice, as a freshman out of high school i was accepted into both Rutgers Pharmacy and St John Pharmacy, i didnt go coz i wanted to do physical therapy and pharmacy was kinda my second choice, but now im sure i want to do pharmacy (stupid mistake that took away my admission to one of the best pharmacy programs, but i believe things happen for a reason). So yeah I'm wondering if mentioning this in my personal statement is going to help or hurt my case. I'm sorry if my post is long and confusing, but ANY advice will be appreciated, thankssss!!!

Have you taken Calculus yet? If not, that gives you an obvious chance for improvement in your math score. Also, a big part of getting a decent score in the math section is pacing yourself, because that's where a lot of people run out of time. After you've reviewed the material enough to understand what you're doing, time yourself doing practice exams to get a feel for how quickly you need to be working to complete the section.

Verbal and reading are tougher to "study" for, but for the reading sections you need to develop a system that works for you. Whether that's scanning through the questions and then reading the passage, reading the passage first, whatever, figure out your strategy.

Have you taken Calculus yet? If not, that gives you an obvious chance for improvement in your math score. Also, a big part of getting a decent score in the math section is pacing yourself, because that's where a lot of people run out of time. After you've reviewed the material enough to understand what you're doing, time yourself doing practice exams to get a feel for how quickly you need to be working to complete the section.

Verbal and reading are tougher to "study" for, but for the reading sections you need to develop a system that works for you. Whether that's scanning through the questions and then reading the passage, reading the passage first, whatever, figure out your strategy.

Thanks for the reply! i did actually take calculus (i got a B+ which is not bad), but yes the real problem was the time, i have actually left a lot of questions that i didnt have any time to even look at, even though i felt the questions in the beginning were soo easy.

For the verbal and reading i dont really know how to prepare for that, english is not my first language and because i was stupid enough to think i still can take the PCAT in october, i have had one week to practice everything before the september one. i did feel like i answered good in the passages though and that's why im surprised at my score in reading. :confused:

VA - 437 - 92
BIO - 435 - 91
RC - 425 82
QA - 410 - 59
CH - 422 - 77
Comp - 426 - 87

You guys think I should take it again?