The "Should I retake? What do my scores mean? Are my scores any good?" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:idea:Well, it's that time of the year again when PCAT examinees rush to their mailboxes every day hoping to receive those elusive PCAT score reports.

To assist future PCAT test takers, it would be best if there was one thread where people can view or request other opinions on their own PCAT scores rather than having to search multiple threads with obscure titles. So, here goes (this is a work in progress:))! Please, please, please keep the score reports and "Yay! I got my scores!" to this thread.

Note: If you really know how the scoring works and just want an opinion on your scores, then just go to Section V in the second post in this thread.:)

Thread Outline
I. Your Score Report
II. Your Scores
III. The popular "Are my scores good?" question.
IV. The popular "Do I need to retake the PCAT?" question
V. The Final Verdict
VI. Your Score Versus Your School's Average

I. Your Score Report

You should receive a regular, letter-sized envelope with about a sheet or two of paper. One that them should be a plain sheet with your scores. Basically, this sheet lists each scaled score with the accompanying percentile score for each section followed by your composite score which is a percentile based on the averaged scale score from the five sections. You will see your writing score separate from the other sections. Rather self-explanatory to me......

II. Your Scores

You mostly want to focus on your percentile rank, most particularly the composite score. That is the number that adcoms focus on during the primary review that determines if you get an interview. Some schools may go in-depth into your scores, but that composite score is the first tell.

Just as a reminder, your percentile score distinguishes your performance from examinees from a 1998-2003 standard testing group. However, adcoms compare your score to everyone in their applicant pool. Simply put, a 70th percentile means that you performed better than about 70% of the examinees during the aforementioned 1998-2003 period. The higher the score, the better off you will be.

Addendum: There have been many questions on SDN inquiring about the nature of the three-digit scaled scores one finds on the score report and how that score is used to get one's percentile score. To be honest, nobody outside of relations with Harcourt understands the system or even the true number of questions needed to earn a 90th percentile or any other score. Perhaps this is best explained in a hypothetical situation. After each exam, Harcourt examines the pool of test takers and derives a scale that corresponds to a scaled score. One earns a certain scaled score based on the number of correct questions answered. This scale is different between examinations and between sections to account for the slight differences in difficulty across test dates and perhaps even test forms within the same testing date. Te scaled score one gets corresponds to the aforementioned 1998-2003 pool. Based on past research on this forum, it seems that a 400 in any section will result in a 50th percentile and a 430 is "worth" the same for every testing date for example. Therefore, one is being compared to that standard testing group but any changes in the exam now versus back then is accounted for through the derivation of a new scale that accounts for that. It's just that the number of correct questions needed to earn a certain scaled score fluctuates and is determined for each PCAT administration separately. So, nobody really knows how many questions need to be answered correctly in order to be in a certain percentile.

III. The popular "Are my scores good?" question.

The most prevalent question that examinees have after receiving their scores is whether the scores are good enough for admission into pharmacy school. That leads to the corollary question to whether the examinee should retake the PCAT. Before we continue, it's best to establish some guidelines. The criteria I am about to present is not a strict rule. It is based on generalizations of PCAT worthiness at schools. This is just advice.

First of all, averages are just that = averages. Just because you don't make your school's PCAT average doesn't mean your application is doomed. People get in with low PCAT scores due to a number of reasons, like:
  • Having a high GPA with great pharmacy experience and LORs
  • Having a great interview
  • ..and...having great "contacts" in the adcom, like a dad or someone
If one looked at the PCAT score distribution at each school, it would probably resemble something like a grade distribution we often see after taking an exam. That is, a few students get As, many get around Bs to Ds with the peak at Cs or the average and/or median score, and a few fantastically bomb the exam. So for competitive PCAT scores, you do have to meet the average score for competitiveness, you want to literally be in the middle of the pack. Sure, you want your scores to stand out, but the answer to the question "Are my PCAT scores good enough" simply asks whether your scores are a liability on your application making a retake of the PCAT prudent and advisable.

So, I think a better gauge for "competitiveness" is through the competitive range. Simply put, this range represents the majority of the school's incoming class. Ideally, you want a score that is at least in the range occupied by the middle 50% of students that takes out the top 25% PCAT students that get in and the bottom 25% who get in due to the other factors I mentioned earlier. Since each school has different distributions, I roughly set a range of five percentiles plus or minus the school's PCAT average. So for a school with an average of 80, the competitive range is about 75-85. Your score is competitive in that range, but it doesn't stand out from other applications nor is it a blemish on your application. Remember, I am speaking in general.

IV. The popular "Do I need to retake the PCAT?" question

You need to consider your whole package as it affects the answer to this question:
  • Your stats (GPA, pharmacy hours worked) and LORs
  • Your interpersonal ability needed for an effective interview
  • Your writing skills (PCAT writing score, school-specific essays, PS)
  • Your "contacts"
If you have greatness in the above, than having a lower than competitive PCAT won't hurt as much versus the average applicant. If you lack some of the above, then you probably need a higher PCAT to compensate. For the purposes of this thread, we'll just consider how the scores look without any influence from other factors.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am pretty sure the answer to this question is no but I wanted to ask anyway. Can the PCAT be taken on a "stand-by" bases if you missed registration deadline?

Also is there a such thing as rush scoring?:rolleyes:

hi i just got my october 09 pcat scores

verbal - 65%
biology - 84%
reading comprehension - 80%
quant ability - 95%
chemistry - 81%

composite - 87%

this was my first time taking the pcat and i am pretty pleased, but is it good enough do you think? my gpa is overall 3.68 and science gpa is 3.87

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i just got my october 09 pcat scores

verbal - 65%
biology - 84%
reading comprehension - 80%
quant ability - 95%
chemistry - 81%

composite - 87%

this was my first time taking the pcat and i am pretty pleased, but is it good enough do you think? my gpa is overall 3.68 and science gpa is 3.87

To me, your stats are awesome . My score is available online but because I cheap so I will wait for them to come by mail :)

Verbal: 443/95
Biology: 421/80
Reading: 440/93
Quant: 426/81
Chemistry: 419/73
Composite: 430/91

Writing: 3.0/3.0

This is my first time taking the PCAT. My English-related scores are as usual much higher than any other scores, which is typical of what I get on standardized tests. At least I didn't "bomb" any section.

I have a BA in economics with 3.53 GPA. However, I am taking science prereq courses right now and there is so much work to them that I am probably going to get like a science GPA of like 2.8. I have also been working as a pharm tech for about 3 months now and volunteer at a hospital every week. What does anyone think if anyone even cares? Lol.

Finally got my scores! Of course, this was the day the mail ran late, heh.

Verbal: 89%
Biology: 90%
Reading Comp: 80%
Quant: 78%
Chemistry: 81%
Composite: 89%

This was my first time taking the PCAT too! Overall I'm pretty pleased. I knew Quant would probably be low - I ran out of time and I'm still taking Calculus, so I didn't know some of the stuff on there. Definitely going to take it again, hopefully get the quant and Chem up higher.

Since this was my first time, I still don't have a good feel on what a "good" score is. Are my scores competitive?

Finally got my scores! Of course, this was the day the mail ran late, heh.

Verbal: 89%
Biology: 90%
Reading Comp: 80%
Quant: 78%
Chemistry: 81%
Composite: 89%

This was my first time taking the PCAT too! Overall I'm pretty pleased. I knew Quant would probably be low - I ran out of time and I'm still taking Calculus, so I didn't know some of the stuff on there. Definitely going to take it again, hopefully get the quant and Chem up higher.

Since this was my first time, I still don't have a good feel on what a "good" score is. Are my scores competitive?

DO NOT take it again. I repeat: DO NOT TAKE THIS EXAM AGAIN. You have extremely good (and consistent) scores. You're good to go. a 78% in Quant is still a good score. Don't take it again.

Are my scores competitive enough or should I retake the PCAT in January and try to improve my RC and VA?

Verbal 69
Bio 88
RC 43
Chem 91
Quant 78

Composite 82

Last edited:
Hmmm just wondering what the experts residing here can make of my PCAT scores:

VA - 78
BIO - 96
RC - 55 !!!!!
QA - 85
CHM - 98

COMP - 93; 3.0/3.0 on essay versus 2.78/2.80 means

So yeah, basically this was my first time writing the PCAT, but despite having a great composite I'm a bit sketched regarding my reading comprehension score. I know that section generally has a steep marking gradient (not to mention I still find it ambiguous as hell), I'm just wondering if that'd throw up any red flags or if it's mainly the composite and essay marks pharm schools look at. Being from Canada the University of Toronto and UBC are the only schools I'm considering applying for if that helps...

Hey everyone-

Just got my PCAT scores today and while I was overall relieved (I did not feel very confident walking out of the test) I am still pretty nervous about my overall stats. Just wanted to see the general consensus and what you think my admissions chances are.

My story is kind of complicated, but for the purposes of this post, we'll just say I am a senior at a large state university and this is my first time applying to pharmacy school.

GPA: right now overall cum = 3.398

math/science GPA: I don't know but probably below a 3.0, I did really bad in my gen chem courses freshman year and can't seem to get much above a B in all my science/math classes...this is the part I am most nervous about, by far. EDIT: My major is pre-pharmacy and I am minoring in French, don't know if that looks good at all or not, it's kind of a useless minor, but I adore French! Also my GPA has an upward trend, I had a 4.0 last quarter...

PCAT:
verbal 95
biology 71
reading 96
quantitative 61
chemistry 64
composite 87

I know these are kind of strange scores, by nature I am much better at reading/writing (had 790/800 on reading/writing SATs...and 740 math) but I love science and I really, really want to be a pharmacist.

I have a National Merit Scholarship at my school (full ride) and have worked for just over two years as a pharm tech. at a chain (level II certified). I am getting LORs from two pharmacists at my job and one professor, I am pretty sure that atleast the letters from the pharmacists will be pretty good, they seem to like me and I do a pretty good job at work. I don't have a lot of volunteering, just some random activities, etc. My main e.c. activity is work.

I am a pretty good writer and I like my personal statement, but I don't know if they will!

Well, I think that's everything, I know this is bit beyond the span of just PCAT scores so sorry if that annoys/offends anyone. Oh, the school I want to go to has avg. GPA of 3.5 and PCAT of 83...yeah scary!

Thanks a million if you took the time to read this and have the time to respond and good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I've been working on my applications, and just got my Oct PCAT score back today, how are my chances? Thanks for any info :)

Verbal 413 69%
Biology 440 94%
Reading 399 43%
Quant 434 88%
Chem 449 95%
Comp 427 88%

Science GPA: 3.45
Overall GPA is horrible cuz I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, which was a gruesome experience (C's, D's F's)

Applying to:

University of Florida
University of Texas Austin
University of Houston
Texas A&M University
Texas Tech
Texas Southern University

It's kind weird I felt I did well on Reading Comprehension but it turned out to be my worst section. If I can get some interviews I'll prove it to them that I'm not an illiterate!

So I took my first PCAT in October and this is what I got:
Verbal 69
Bio 40
RC 55
QA 85
Chem 85
Composite 73

I can't say I'm not worried about my Verbal and RC, but I've only known English for 6 years.
But Bio, man...
Well, I've been working as a Pharm. Tech and volunteering at a hospital since September. I was on my school's equestrian team, I'm a member of Translators and Interpreters association, and a member of National society of Collegiate Scholars. I have a 3.56 overall and science. I'm taking my Org I, Anatomy and Micro in Spring and Org II in the summer. That's what worries me mostly: is it acceptable taking most important classes that close to Fall?

I've been working on my applications, and just got my Oct PCAT score back today, how are my chances? Thanks for any info :)

Verbal 413 69%
Biology 440 94%
Reading 399 43%
Quant 434 88%
Chem 449 95%
Comp 427 88%

Science GPA: 3.45
Overall GPA is horrible cuz I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, which was a gruesome experience (C's, D's F's)

Applying to:

University of Florida
University of Texas Austin
University of Houston
Texas A&M University
Texas Tech
Texas Southern University

It's kind weird I felt I did well on Reading Comprehension but it turned out to be my worst section. If I can get some interviews I'll prove it to them that I'm not an illiterate!
Don't beat yourself down, your GPA is not at all horrible and you have decent PCAT scores. Usually, everyone is happy with over 80 in sciences. I say, you are going to Pharmacy school next fall (-:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just speechless regarding these topic's grades overage. what about people that have 40%,50%,60% ??? are those out of the business?

I am just thinking on what books,material and other sources most of people here used for PCAT preparation?

Thank you

Are my scores competitive enough or should I retake the PCAT in January and try to improve my RC and VA?

Verbal 69
Bio 88
RC 43
Chem 91
Quant 78

Composite 82

To me your score seems o.k. Your reading comprehension is on the low side, but as long as your GPA is strong it should not matter too much. If you think you can bring it up however, I would advise retaking it.

I am just speechless regarding these topic's grades overage. what about people that have 40%,50%,60% ??? are those out of the business?

I am just thinking on what books,material and other sources most of people here used for PCAT preparation?

Thank you

A 40, 50 or 60%ile are all on the low side. But a lot of those people probably aren't posting because they are embarrassed of their scores.

hey i'm really depressed and need advice. The schools that im applying to won't tell me if they have a cutoff or not for each section. Here are my marks

Verbal Ability 55%
Biology 94%
Reading Comprehension 19%
Quantitative 74%
Chemistry 99%

Composite 87%

Writing 3, 3

What should i do? my reading mark is abysmal, but it is not an easy section to improve on. if it was chem or something, ya i could study more in depth but how do i improve reading skills substantially in less than 2 months?

Should i retake? My GPA is 3.72. I studied pharmacology. Have a BSc. First time taking PCAT. studied for 5 months.

:(

Stupid Verbal..... My stats

Verbal Ability 55%
Biology 94%
Reading Comprehension 85%
Quantitative 78%
Chemistry 81%

Composite 85%

Writing 3/3

GPA 3.2-3.3
BSc with published papers
Pharmacy tech for 2 months

I hope I get an interview...

hey i'm really depressed and need advice. The schools that im applying to won't tell me if they have a cutoff or not for each section. Here are my marks

Verbal Ability 55%
Biology 94%
Reading Comprehension 19%
Quantitative 74%
Chemistry 99%

Composite 87%

Writing 3, 3

What should i do? my reading mark is abysmal, but it is not an easy section to improve on. if it was chem or something, ya i could study more in depth but how do i improve reading skills substantially in less than 2 months?

Should i retake? My GPA is 3.72. I studied pharmacology. Have a BSc. First time taking PCAT. studied for 5 months.

:(

You can definitely improve your RC. It's as much a science as an art. Why do you think you scored so low? How did you study? Without knowing any specifics, I'd say familiarize yourself with question types and learn the nuances between wrong and right answers. AudioOsmosis MCAT had a short but good tutorial on this. The biggest thing is learning to read critically.

lol, i haven't read this forum when i took my pcat
i got a 97 percentile the first time, felt bad since i had a 65 percentile in reading comprehension
2nd time i got a 99 percentile

lol, i haven't read this forum when i took my pcat
i got a 97 percentile the first time, felt bad since i had a 65 percentile in reading comprehension
2nd time i got a 99 percentile

lol you re-took a 97th percentile cause you had a 65 RC?

you trollin brah?

I just wanted to give my opinion on the PCATS see if anyone out there agrees. If no one agrees I could be completely wrong.

In my opinion every stresses way too much about their PCAT scores. PCATS scores are merely one component of your applications. I think a lot of people feel you get accepted or denied solely on your PCAT score.

All I’m trying to say is there’s more to getting accepted or denied than PCAT scores. I personally didn’t do well on the PCATS bc I suck at lengthy tests. I’m not saying I’m dumb. I have a 3.95 and usually got the high scores on the BIO tests and BIO labs out of all the bio students. I feel I have really strong character, pharmacy experience, and I am an excellent speaker and prepared very well for my interviews so I feel I scored well there. I’m still waiting to get accepted but I don’t want people to loose hope if they didn’t do the best on their PCATS.

I feel these are the main components of getting accepted:

-GPA

-PCAT

-Pharmacy Experience

-What type of character you have
(I feel this can be derived from your essay, awards, and extra curricular activities)

-Interview
(More important than many people think. Being able to communicate is vital for a pharmacist)

Things that Help:

-Family Alumni
-Current family members in the program
-If the person in charge of admission is familiar with u
(Very important)

Verbal- 427/86
Biology- 414/71
R.C.- 447/96
Quant- 408/55
Chem- 412/64
Essay- 2.5/2.5

Comp - 422/83

I did not finish Chem and I have not had A&P or Micro yet so I think with some studying I could bring both of those up quite a bit. I just need to practice math and the timing on chem.

I am planning on applying to U of A (Avg PCAT - 70-80) Midwestern Glendale (Avg. PCAT - 80) and USN.

I have a 3.83 GPA, and just got a volunteer pharmacy tech. position at the UMC. I would be applying for fall 11', so I have plenty of time to get experience.

I think my PCAT and GPA are fairly competitive, but I guess my question is should I retake to raise the science sub-scores?

Thanks a lot!

I would think you need to raise that score on the quantitative.. to be competitive i think a 60 on each subscore is a minimum

Verbal 82
Reading 96
Biology 80
Chemistry 88
Quantitative 45 :(
Composite 86

I know the composite is pretty good but I'm worried about the quantitative. I have a good gpa (3.8+). Should i retake or am i in pretty good shape?
Thanks!

Verbal 82
Reading 96
Biology 80
Chemistry 88
Quantitative 45 :(
Composite 86

I know the composite is pretty good but I'm worried about the quantitative. I have a good gpa (3.8+). Should i retake or am i in pretty good shape?
Thanks!

I called a couple schools asking if they would accept the Jan PCAT. Some of them randomly volunteered they look at the QA/Chem scores most importantly. I'd say your fine but what do I know! Just depends how prestigious you're looking to go!

50 verbal ability
80 biology
22 reading comprehension
74 quantitative ability
85 chemistry
65 composite
99 sex appeal:cool:

who here thinks he/she can beat me?

Hello readers, first time poster but i'll cut to the chase.. I graduated magna cum laude with my B.S in biochemistry and a minor in chemistry. My GPA is a 3.6 and I have 2 years of undergraduate research at my university. I just started my job at CVS last month. And here are my jan PCAT scores...

Chem------- 408 58
QA---------- 423 78
RC---------- 409 60
Bio--------- 434 90
VA--------- 419 77
Composite 419 79

Problem Solving 3.0/ 2.70
Conventions of Language 3.0/ 2.68

I'm not picky about schools but i'd prefer Univ of Tex, Univ of Houston, or Texas Southern... I'm on the fence about retaking the PCAT any help would be greatly appreciated!

my PCAT score from 10/09. My score is terrible

Chem------- 379
QA---------- 390
RC---------- 363
Bio--------- 411
VA--------- 379
Composite 385

what are you guys using to prepare?

I am okay with my composite of 79, but I got a 45 in RC...does anyone know how much they look at RC compared to the other categories? All my science/math sections were over 77 and I got a pair of 3's on the writing.

thanks for any help.

Yeah, how important is RC? I also did poorly in the reading comp section, but really don't want to/don't plan on taking it again.

Last edited:
QUESTION: Just how important is the Quant score in the grand scheme of things? I got a 48% in Quant, but a 92% composite with 96% in bio and 93% in chemistry. I really don't want to retake...too much stress (this was my first attempt, and hopefully last).

My first choice is Ohio State, who I gather to have a competitive PCAT range in the 80-85 range. My gpa is a 3.6, so it's on-par with the average admit there.

Verbal Ability 95
Biology 88
Reading Comprehension 63
Quantitative Ability 94
Chemistry 88

Composite 92

Essay 3.0/3.0

What would adcoms think of my RC score?

I didn't do so well on that section because I felt completely overwhelmed with all of the reading. I scheduled the August PCAT, but I would rather not take the exam again if I don't have to. All of my scores except for RC are great and I'm already busy enough this summer without having to study for the PCAT again.

Verbal Ability 95
Biology 88
Reading Comprehension 63
Quantitative Ability 94
Chemistry 88

Composite 92

Essay 3.0/3.0

What would adcoms think of my RC score?

I didn't do so well on that section because I felt completely overwhelmed with all of the reading. I scheduled the August PCAT, but I would rather not take the exam again if I don't have to. All of my scores except for RC are great and I'm already busy enough this summer without having to study for the PCAT again.

Imo, I really don't think there's a reason for you to re-take it. Your verbal score AND essay balance out your RC and your RC isn't completely horrible in the first place. Just write a good personal statement showing your English skills, communicate well at the interview and you should be fine.

While I am quite happy for my scores, I am worried about my writing scores not making the "passing" mark.

Verbal Ability: 63
Biology: 96
Reading Comprehension: 45
Quantitative Ability: 77
Chemistry: 77
Composite: 80

Conventions of Language: 2.5
Problem Solving: 2.5

Do you think I should re-take the PCAT to boost my writing scores?

Last edited:
Verbal - 423/82
Bio - 393/35
RC - 429/86
Quant - 425/80
Chem - 419/73

Writing - 3/3

Composite - 418/77

Overall GPA is a 3.57. What do you guys think? If it weren't for my bio section, I know my composite could have been much higher =\

Got my scores today. First off, I am a lousy test taker with an ACT of 22 but my GPA for undergraduate in Biochemistry was 3.93, I have volunteer hours and experience in the research field.

Scores:
Verbal 416 73
Biology 421 80
Reading Comprehension 407 57
Quantitative Ability 398 38
Chemistry 426 81
Composite 414 71

Should I re-take the test? What study materials should I use if I do? Has anyone gotten in with scores like these? Thanks, need to figure out if to take again october 2010

My composite was a 91, but my chem was a 77 and quant a 73. I am not retaking, but how bad is that 77 in Chem? I had not taken general chem in 16 yrs so I am sure that is what pulled it down. I know the quant is bad at 73, but I am more concerned with the chem considering that this is Pharmacy, after all....(My bio was respectable, in the 80s.)

My gen chem grades were B+ for both terms, and I just finished Orgo 1 with an A-.

My composite was a 91, but my chem was a 77 and quant a 73. I am not retaking, but how bad is that 77 in Chem? I had not taken general chem in 16 yrs so I am sure that is what pulled it down. I know the quant is bad at 73, but I am more concerned with the chem considering that this is Pharmacy, after all....(My bio was respectable, in the 80s.)

My gen chem grades were B+ for both terms, and I just finished Orgo 1 with an A-.
Some schools, mostly state schools, specify specific minimum scores for each sub section and from what I remember a score in the 70's is sufficient. Besides, since you're not a 'typical' student I think they'll cut you some slack.

Besides, a scores in the 70s isn't bad! I wouldn't worry about it too much.

should i retake?

gpa 3.0
gen chem - C+, orgo 1 - B+, orgo 2 - C+, bio 1 - B- Bio 2 - C+

verbal - 69
reading comp - 25
bio - 91
chem - 93
quant - 97
essay 3/3
composite - 88
i studied for a week.

my gpa is really bad though.

should i retake?

gpa 3.0
gen chem - C+, orgo 1 - B+, orgo 2 - C+, bio 1 - B- Bio 2 - C+

verbal - 69
reading comp - 25
bio - 91
chem - 93
quant - 97
essay 3/3
composite - 88
i studied for a week.

my gpa is really bad though.

Wowww this is the weirdest yet coolest thing I have seen so far on this website.

First of all how did you just study for a week and got a 88 that is amazing. Can you tell me all the material you used b/c I am taking mine in 13 days :scared: :eek: :confused: lol

I would say you shouldn't have to retake because 88 is awesome score. You should just try and boost up your gpa a bit and you will be called for an interview but again it all depends on the schools you apply :)

Do share what you did over a week of studying for pcat. thank you :D

Wowww this is the weirdest yet coolest thing I have seen so far on this website.

First of all how did you just study for a week and got a 88 that is amazing. Can you tell me all the material you used b/c I am taking mine in 13 days :scared: :eek: :confused: lol

I would say you shouldn't have to retake because 88 is awesome score. You should just try and boost up your gpa a bit and you will be called for an interview but again it all depends on the schools you apply :)

Do share what you did over a week of studying for pcat. thank you :D

lol.. i just studied from dr. collins.. I took all his practice tests for math, chem and bio.. and thats about it. Studied his study packets and relied on stuff i learned from school. I didnt have a chance to go over reading comp and verbal.. i guess thats why i bombed it.

lol.. i just studied from dr. collins.. I took all his practice tests for math, chem and bio.. and thats about it. Studied his study packets and relied on stuff i learned from school. I didnt have a chance to go over reading comp and verbal.. i guess thats why i bombed it.

ohhh wow thats pretty impressive I guess you are just naturally good with science and math you got all 90+ for those lol :D b/c some people study for months and still can't get that :eek:

I dont think they will care about your verbal and reading as much. I heard they look at science the most so maybe you should try to get your gpa up for that!

ohhh wow thats pretty impressive I guess you are just naturally good with science and math you got all 90+ for those lol :D b/c some people study for months and still can't get that :eek:

I dont think they will care about your verbal and reading as much. I heard they look at science the most so maybe you should try to get your gpa up for that!

Hmm. I put in a lot of time studying at school..but can't seem to pull off the good grades.

Hello everyone,

I just looked at my Aug. 21st PCAT score online, and I would REALLYYYY APPRECIATE your input on whether I should re-take the PCAT or not. I am already signed up for the Oct. 16th PCAT, but I am really confused on what I should do.

Verbal Ability - 77
Biology - 96
Reading Comprehension - 34
Quantitative Ability - 74
Chemistry - 93

Composite - 85

Writing - 2.5/2.5

pharmCAS cGPA: 3.34
pharmCAS sGPA: 3.25

Applying to:
UF
Nova
LECOM-B

This was my first time taking the PCAT. During my Pearson practice exams, I consistently scored in the 90-99 range on R.C., but I completely froze on the actual PCAT R.C.

The million dollar question:
PLEASE let me know if you think I should re-take, and risk getting a lower score, to improve my R.C. and writing scores.

Thanks for your help!!

Hello everyone,

I just looked at my Aug. 21st PCAT score online, and I would REALLYYYY APPRECIATE your input on whether I should re-take the PCAT or not. I am already signed up for the Oct. 16th PCAT, but I am really confused on what I should do.

Verbal Ability - 77
Biology - 96
Reading Comprehension - 34
Quantitative Ability - 74
Chemistry - 93

Composite - 85

Writing - 2.5/2.5

pharmCAS cGPA: 3.34
pharmCAS sGPA: 3.25

Applying to:
UF
Nova
LECOM-B

This was my first time taking the PCAT. During my Pearson practice exams, I consistently scored in the 90-99 range on R.C., but I completely froze on the actual PCAT R.C.

The million dollar question:
PLEASE let me know if you think I should re-take, and risk getting a lower score, to improve my R.C. and writing scores.

Thanks for your help!!
I have virtrually the same comp score (DANGIT how did everyone do better on chem though!?!?) and I am going to retake it but just for the 'heck of it' since I have already registered/paid.

You could go up, great, but you're still pretty decent as it is. You may want to just to 'level up' your GPA+PCAT bar, but you're by no means bad. I have no idea about the averages of the schools you're applying to so it's mainly up to you since you know more about your situation.