The stress when it comes to grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

For med school it is very important to keep a high grade point average do you guys ever feel stressed about trying to get all A's on everything. Like one bad grade on a test or not getting an A in a class stress you?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah it can be stressful trying to do well compared to your class. I don't know if worrying about gpa itself is actually a thing. Getting good grades is nice and having the AOA honor society on your application helps. Studying for step 1 is incredibly stressful as you're spending weeks in front of your computer reading the same thing over and over again, knowing that how well you do can change the rest of your life.

Reactions: 2 users
Step 1 stress >>>>>> Exam/Grade stress

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was a kind of a crappy college student. I cared about grades of course, but never neurotically, even in med school. I would agree though that Step 1 was pretty darn stressful. I would go so far as to say it was probably my darkest time in med school.

For med school it is very important to keep a high grade point average do you guys ever feel stressed about trying to get all A's on everything. Like one bad grade on a test or not getting an A in a class stress you?

Yes. I was never one to get nervous about exams and such before I got thinking about medical school and really needing those A's.

I'll never forget the B I got in film lecture.. try hard teachers... haha but really don't worry about it that much unless you are getting a ton of B's or C's. As long as most of my classes are A's with a few scattered B's then I don't worry I still have a 3.8.

I know how it feels. Just know if you work your hardest there was nothing else you could of done. Usually the grades follow the hard work. Best of luck