The Support Group - A place for admissions-related rants and worries.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Virginger -I think that you need to have a discussion privately with your bf and tell him how you feel about the way his family is acting. He needs to then tell them, diplomatically, that you are sensitive about these things and going through a tough time right now waiting to hear from schools and that you need encouragement and kindness, not ridicule. If he isn't willing to be on your side and see when you need support, then how great could he be? If you think this is an issue now, if you end up marrying him/being with him for the long haul it will only get a million times worse, believe me. Do not stay with a man who allows his family to treat you badly. All the other stuff he does is unimportant in comparison. If he's great, then of course he will convey your feelings to the family and things will get better for you. Why just vent (though venting is good, of course) when you can actually change the situation?!

Members don't see this ad.

I mean, joking around about stuff is one thing but like, they sound like dicks is all I'm saying.

and seriously, how does one's gpa come up in a convo at all with the SO's family? that's a really weird thing to be talking about, esp after 8 years out of school...(not that it's any less weird if you're in school...). why do they care???

Oh Virginger.....
I more than understand your frustrations. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and when we moved to NY(near his family) I had NO idea what I was really getting into. A week after moving there, we threw a 4th of July party for his HUGE family, and in the midst of it all, his mother called me the "C" word along with many many other nasty things(yes, classy I know) in front of everyone for something that LITERALLY had nothing to do with me. Yes, this woman is crazy. Luckily, the rest of his family stuck up for me and made her get in her car and leave. That was the beginning of it all, and let's just say it didn't get much better. My boyfriend didn't witness it happen and even though his whole family stuck by my side the next few weeks, he still just kept saying "It's my mom, there's nothing I can do."...
I'm not sure how your personality is or how you handle these situations, but I told him to either confront her and demand she apologize to me and treats me with respect, or I would do it on my way back to FL in my uhaul. This may be a drastic example, but my point is this...
No one has the right to make you feel uncomfortable, and I know different people handle things differently, but if you explain to your boyfriend how upsetting it really is, he shouldn't just expect YOU to be the one to suck it up. He should stand up for you and nicely ask them to stop the nagging. If they don't, and you are able to stick up for yourself, do it nicely. Kill them with kindness, because the more you let it go, the easier they will think it is to run you over.
I understand sometimes the man is worth his family, but think about how this will add up over the years. Think about when you have kids, the things his family will say. It's better to nip it in the bud now....! Things are much better with my boyfriend's mother and now, I tend to have the upper hand when she does something crazy. Best of luck to you either way! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Virginger, I can't sympathize with your situation, but I can empathize, and I'm sorry you're going through this amidst all of the admissions CRAP. Seriously, the last thing we (stragglers who aren't accepted yet) need is people bringing us down. Stay strong and defend yourself if need be. We're here for you.

Everyone,

Thank you for the support :)

They definitely can be a pain (when I am mad, insert other descriptive terms here), and I have to step back, smile, and rebut the comment. I have decided to look at this situation as like handling a "difficult client." So, all smiles, offer supportive facts, and defer to someone who can handle them better (upper management = my bf).

Its odd how it can turn from a nice conversation to snarky, then a few hours later its "this would be fun to do together, lets go shopping."

Him and I have talked and come up with code phrase for "help." He says he has grown up with this problem his whole life, that he totally understands, and has my back.He has been intervening, Im surprised he turned out so well :)thumbup:).

As a break from the family, we are now planning a trip to Sea Lion Cave and Haystack Rock and gonna stretch it out for a few nights as a road trip. Their vacation time will end soon too, that leaves us with some fresh air.

Its good for me to hear that other people have been able to work through these things and that this is ultimately not acceptable. I cant believe how people can be so abrasive and in this scenario they are oblivious to what they are actually doing until someone confronts them on it.

I do plan on living at least an "inconvenient drive" away from all (future) in-laws.

**SDN is def the best, love that everyone is looking out for each other

I mean, joking around about stuff is one thing but like, they sound like dicks is all I'm saying.

It's okay if they're dicks and just because they are dicks doesn't really mean anything about your boyfriend so no need to like, defend him or your relationship or anything.

But if people make you have to vent a lot of the time, they're probably not great people to be around a lot. Juuuust sayin.

Virginger -I think that you need to have a discussion privately with your bf and tell him how you feel about the way his family is acting. He needs to then tell them, diplomatically, that you are sensitive about these things and going through a tough time right now waiting to hear from schools and that you need encouragement and kindness, not ridicule. If he isn't willing to be on your side and see when you need support, then how great could he be? If you think this is an issue now, if you end up marrying him/being with him for the long haul it will only get a million times worse, believe me. Do not stay with a man who allows his family to treat you badly. All the other stuff he does is unimportant in comparison. If he's great, then of course he will convey your feelings to the family and things will get better for you. Why just vent (though venting is good, of course) when you can actually change the situation?!

...and everyone else who had responded :oops:

Just an update on my situation: I have to see a neurologist. Joy.
I kinda saw this one coming..... Best wishes. On rescheduling GREs and the neuro trip. Shares deets with me about the neuro consult? I'm struggling to make a decision about calling my neurologist back or not for a follow-up....

Its odd how it can turn from a nice conversation to snarky, then a few hours later its "this would be fun to do together, lets go shopping."

You just described my "dysfunctional" family, yo [BUT at least we still function!:)]. Families fall together, fall apart but you can't separate that you were/are a family. At least that's been my experience. My family is basically a ragtag group brought together by circumstances and "foreign" adoption. People wonder why/how we love each other (it pains me to acknowledge that yes, people do ask this. A lot. Like they ask me what I am as if they just asked the time....:rolleyes:).

When you have a serious bf, that family is hesitant to accept you. (In fact, my last ex, the one who I broke up with the day I got accepted to Tufts this past app cycle, was quite immature. I just didn't see it. My family was overly vocal about my relation$4*t and how he wasn't good enough for me. But I separated on my terms. I don't regret what happened - I grew stronger). But, it comes down to the fact that yes, this member of your family chose this other person to date. It could be for now. It could be for any amount of time.....but that's still your son/daughter. You stand by them even if you think s/he is making the BIGGEST mistake. With me, it came down to "even if he isn't perfect, I chose him for now. By you hating on him, I feel that hate directed at me too." It worked itself out. Like most things do....;) :luck::xf::luck:

On an unrelated note: LET'S GO, HOLIDAY CHEER! I wants my family home for the holidayz.:D

I kinda saw this one coming..... Best wishes. On rescheduling GREs and the neuro trip. Shares deets with me about the neuro consult? I'm struggling to make a decision about calling my neurologist back or not for a follow-up....

Thanks, kaydubs. I will be in touch. :).

LET'S GO, HOLIDAY CHEER! I wants my family home for the holidayz.:D

I'm planning to set aside my anxiety and sorrow from all these rejections in exchange for good times with my small fam, my doggie-doo, BOOZE, presents, naps, delicious food, and movies. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove:

The only thing SDN needs is a like button.

So, Insert [:thumbup: button] here. lol

...and Everyone have a GREAT Holiday!!!! (with your drink of choice)

You just described my "dysfunctional" family, yo [BUT at least we still function!:)]. Families fall together, fall apart but you can't separate that you were/are a family. At least that's been my experience. My family is basically a ragtag group brought together by circumstances and "foreign" adoption. People wonder why/how we love each other (it pains me to acknowledge that yes, people do ask this. A lot. Like they ask me what I am as if they just asked the time....:rolleyes:).

When you have a serious bf, that family is hesitant to accept you. (In fact, my last ex, the one who I broke up with the day I got accepted to Tufts this past app cycle, was quite immature. I just didn't see it. My family was overly vocal about my relation$4*t and how he wasn't good enough for me. But I separated on my terms. I don't regret what happened - I grew stronger). But, it comes down to the fact that yes, this member of your family chose this other person to date. It could be for now. It could be for any amount of time.....but that's still your son/daughter. You stand by them even if you think s/he is making the BIGGEST mistake. With me, it came down to "even if he isn't perfect, I chose him for now. By you hating on him, I feel that hate directed at me too." It worked itself out. Like most things do....;) :luck::xf::luck:

On an unrelated note: LET'S GO, HOLIDAY CHEER! I wants my family home for the holidayz.:D

I'm planning to set aside my anxiety and sorrow from all these rejections in exchange for good times with my small fam, my doggie-doo, BOOZE, presents, naps, delicious food, and movies. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove:

That's the spirit!! Happy Holidays all!

:woot:

Got a thin envelope in the mail from Minnesota today- *GASP* :eek: !
Buuuuuuuut- it was just my registration info for my online classes this semester. PHEW! :laugh:

Buuuuuuuut- it was just my registration info for my online classes this semester. PHEW! :laugh:

:laugh:

what did you register for? i'm registered for BIOC 3021 -- one of the last prereqs i need to finish...

Members don't see this ad :)
Gad I hate thin envelopes. I hope I don't see one!

Gad I hate thin envelopes. I hope I don't see one!

Expecting mine from UPenn any day now :(... well any day from now till March lol... why do they have to do things so differently :confused:

Yes. I guess in a way it's "sweet" of Penn not to send out rejections over the holidays like some of the schools. But if they are going to reject me, I'd like to have been rejected in November like some others were instead of going on thinking they are considering me.

Eep! :)

Unless it change this year (no reason to think it would), UMN will do email notification. Last year they did email for both steps (interview and final decision).

Glad it was just a class registration jemappellejane, hoping you get a big thick envelope soon though :thumbup:

I have been anxiously checking the mail for news from OSU (nothing yet :() and you guys have me terrified of thin envelopes! Would a "thin" envelope be in one of the regular letter envelopes and then if you're accepted it's most likely in a big yellow envelope with everything you need to take the acceptance inside? I am terrified and don't even know what should scare me :scared:. I mean how much thicker could the acceptance envelope be? I'd think they'd be roughly the same.

And I'll appologize here for posting in the rejections thread :thumbup:, I'll try to avoid posting there. It breaks my heart to see all the rejections, these schools have no idea what they're passing up!

OSU offices are open again tomorrow :thumbup:(that seemed like the longest weekend ever!), so hopefully they'll email or call or mail out the acceptances!

Glad it was just a class registration jemappellejane, hoping you get a big thick envelope soon though :thumbup:

I have been anxiously checking the mail for news from OSU (nothing yet :() and you guys have me terrified of thin envelopes! Would a "thin" envelope be in one of the regular letter envelopes and then if you're accepted it's most likely in a big yellow envelope with everything you need to take the acceptance inside? I am terrified and don't even know what should scare me :scared:. I mean how much thicker could the acceptance envelope be? I'd think they'd be roughly the same.

And I'll appologize here for posting in the rejections thread :thumbup:, I'll try to avoid posting there. It breaks my heart to see all the rejections, these schools have no idea what they're passing up!

OSU offices are open again tomorrow :thumbup:(that seemed like the longest weekend ever!), so hopefully they'll email or call or mail out the acceptances!

Keeping my fingers crossed you hear good news from OSU tomorrow!! :luck::xf:

The OSU acceptance was in a white envelope- about 4 or 5 papers in there so it wasn't really "thick". Don't panic!!!!

The OSU acceptance was in a white envelope- about 4 or 5 papers in there so it wasn't really "thick". Don't panic!!!!

Thanks goldenretrievergirl! I would have freaked out getting a small thin envelope before I even opened it. Hoping for some good news soon.

Thanks goldenretrievergirl! I would have freaked out getting a small thin envelope before I even opened it. Hoping for some good news soon.

Well, I did get an acceptance (to a great undergrad school) as a postcard. Thats not even a thin envelope! I say the thick envelope theory is debunked with the dawning of the internet and the raising costs of postage.

Usually (usually!) if a school is accepting you, they send more papers than just one. Info on how to accept, how to pay a deposit, what you'll need to worry about as far as tuition and vaccinations, things like that. The one sheet of paper seems to be the "regret to inform" sort.

However, I will not be held liable for any heart attacks one way or the other! :hungover:

My acceptance had a sticker sealing the (multi-paper) envelope shut. I still remember running in the house like a damned fool with that letter clutched in my hands. It's amazing I didn't just toss the rest of the mail on the ground.

My acceptance had a sticker sealing the (multi-paper) envelope shut. I still remember running in the house like a damned fool with that letter clutched in my hands. It's amazing I didn't just toss the rest of the mail on the ground.

Was it you who decided that the school wouldn't waste a sticker on a reject?
If so, I really love your thought process and imagining this whole scene makes me giggle.

CSU's acceptance letter was pretty thin (in one of the small letter envelopes). Dont freak out if you get a small envelope!

Thanks guys! Very good to know. Twelvetigers, your story made me laugh. They wouldn't waste a sticker on a reject :laugh:. I love it!

CSU's acceptance letter was pretty thin (in one of the small letter envelopes). Dont freak out if you get a small envelope!

I was a little surprised about that one. I got undergrad acceptance letters that were much fancier. Not disappointed though since it *was* and acceptance letter after all :p

There were five pieces of paper in a plain white envelope, so I guess while simple, was not the 'skinny envelope.'

However, I will not be held liable for any heart attacks one way or the other! :hungover:

Yeeeep, that was me.

Oh TT :laugh: I share similar sentiments. Why do the reject us via email? Cause it's more cost-efficient ;) Have you seen our economy lately?!

Honestly, as much as I grumbled about getting that email stuff spam, it was nicer than the awkward phone call or that evil skinny envelope. That's why I appreciated my hardcopy interview invite as much as the digital one they sent. After I stopped crying and got a hold of myself that NO they did not send this email to you by accident.

Yeeppppp, I'm a SPAZ :D

More silly stories: I have dial-up internetz. I've had it since you know, 2000:rolleyes: last year, during prime acceptance/reject season, my undergrad email was NOT working. Had my ex check my email. Got an acceptance from Oregon. He was incredibly pissed and I was beside myself that I couldn't see the sparkly letter :biglove: Then our following phone call involved him threatening to break up with me if I even CONSIDERED going to Oregon. I sent my deposit in. Just to cover my bases. TT was the one who really influenced that decision (of counting my eggs before I hatch them to chickens!). Thanks again, TT

:luck::xf::luck: GO AWAY THIN ENVELOPES! GO AWAYYYYY

I have a "worry" that I need help with. I know no one here will know for sure, but I am hoping someone has been through the same problem and can offer me some advice. This past semester I took a 4 credit biochemistry course. After completing the course, I was told that there was a second (3 credit hour) semester. It is a graduate level biochem. (Yes I should have researched the class a little harder beforehand), but my question now is whether I need to finish the second semester or not. I wouldn't normally care, but I am unable to pay for the second course. I know at UTK, they specifically say that you must complete the entire biochemistry "sequence", but no other schools say anything about it.
I was scared to point it out to schools, so I asked the school I was least likely to get into, if I needed to take the second semester and they said no...
So now I am trying to decide whether I should bring it up to the other 11 schools I applied to :scared:, or whether them saying my application is complete and is being submitted for review means everything is ok?????
I don't want to NOT start the new semester if it is absolutely necessary, but I really don't want to point it out on my application if it really doesn't matter...
Should I call all the schools and risk my application being thrown away????
HELP!!!:help:

EL- I guess I would look at what topics were covered in your 4 credit course and make sure it is comprehensive. If it covered all the usual topics (proteins, lipids, carbs, photosynthesis, etc.), then I would assume you are covered. Also, what topics are covered in the 3-credit course offered next semester? Maybe that course just goes into more detail on one or a few of the basic topics. I would delve into all of that, and then if you are still confused, call one or two of the schools you applied to to make sure you're a-ok. Don't fret. I'm thinking good news is coming your way soon anyway. Maybe you'll be in the middle of looking into all of this stuff and then you'll get your acceptance letter/interview invite. We're all starting to freak out right now on the details, so don't worry too much. They did say your applications were complete...no one has mentioned that your course was lacking in any way or even asked for a catalog course description. Hang in there.

EL- I guess I would look at what topics were covered in your 4 credit course and make sure it is comprehensive. If it covered all the usual topics (proteins, lipids, carbs, photosynthesis, etc.), then I would assume you are covered. Also, what topics are covered in the 3-credit course offered next semester? Maybe that course just goes into more detail on one or a few of the basic topics. I would delve into all of that, and then if you are still confused, call one or two of the schools you applied to to make sure you're a-ok. Don't fret. I'm thinking good news is coming your way soon anyway. Maybe you'll be in the middle of looking into all of this stuff and then you'll get your acceptance letter/interview invite. We're all starting to freak out right now on the details, so don't worry too much. They did say your applications were complete...no one has mentioned that your course was lacking in any way or even asked for a catalog course description. Hang in there.

Ok. Yeah I guess that is kind of what I'm assuming as well. I just don't want to get accepted somewhere, and then have them find out it wasn't a complete "sequence" and throw away my acceptance if it's something I could take this next term. Cornell told me it was fine, but it's something I've been stressing about for a while. I guess my biggest question is whether they will reject my applications if they realize it, or if the fact that they all said I am all set is enough. And my other concern is bringing it to their attention, if they would have never known otherwise (not that I am a sneaky, deceiving person or anything). Ahhhh, thanks for your advice, if anyone else has something to add please feel free lol... I'm totally stressing out!

Ok. Yeah I guess that is kind of what I'm assuming as well. I just don't want to get accepted somewhere, and then have them find out it wasn't a complete "sequence" and throw away my acceptance if it's something I could take this next term. Cornell told me it was fine, but it's something I've been stressing about for a while. I guess my biggest question is whether they will reject my applications if they realize it, or if the fact that they all said I am all set is enough. And my other concern is bringing it to their attention, if they would have never known otherwise (not that I am a sneaky, deceiving person or anything). Ahhhh, thanks for your advice, if anyone else has something to add please feel free lol... I'm totally stressing out!

Most of the vet schools have posted on their website the number of credit hours needed for a certain course. I think for biochem it is usually around 3-4. So your first class should be plenty. I only took one 3 credit biochemistry course and not a single school has made any mention of it not being enough. It would seem extreme, to me, for them to also require a graduate level biochem course; I doubt they do. But, it would not hurt for you to anonomously call them and ask about it. ;)

You probably mentioned on your "pending courses for next semester" this biochemistry course so it may be a good idea to update them stating that due to personal reasons you will no longer be able to take this course. That way, you are at least keeping them updated. If you don't, I doubt it will hurt and I really doubt they will care that you are not taking the graduate level biochem, you will take what you need in vet school.

You probably mentioned on your "pending courses for next semester" this biochemistry course so it may be a good idea to update them stating that due to personal reasons you will no longer be able to take this course. That way, you are at least keeping them updated. If you don't, I doubt it will hurt and I really doubt they will care that you are not taking the graduate level biochem, you will take what you need in vet school.

Ok let me be more clear, sorry. I graduated in 2004 but took biochem this past fall as my last pre-req for vet school. I signed up for this course (not realizing it was two semesters long) and put it (the 4 hour class) on my application as a fall class. I have since completed the 4 hours and the schools have already received my transcript. I did not realize until recently (after my app was submitted) that there is another 3 hours of the course (under a different course number). So I would only be "adding" it to my application, not taking it away, but REALLY don't want to take it since I can't afford it right now. I was hoping like you said, the 4 hours would be fine, but I'm just not sure about the "full sequence" part. It seems that the course is a very in-depth biochem that dives deeper into the subject areas, and I therefore will most likely have not covered certain subjects without taking the second semester...? The thought of pointing that out to adcoms is really really stressing me out!

Ok let me be more clear, sorry. I graduated in 2004 but took biochem this past fall as my last pre-req for vet school. I signed up for this course (not realizing it was two semesters long) and put it (the 4 hour class) on my application as a fall class. I have since completed the 4 hours and the schools have already received my transcript. I did not realize until recently (after my app was submitted) that there is another 3 hours of the course (under a different course number). So I would only be "adding" it to my application, not taking it away, but REALLY don't want to take it since I can't afford it right now. I was hoping like you said, the 4 hours would be fine, but I'm just not sure about the "full sequence" part. It seems that the course is a very in-depth biochem that dives deeper into the subject areas, and I therefore will most likely have not covered certain subjects without taking the second semester...? The thought of pointing that out to adcoms is really really stressing me out!

I applied to UTK also, and I am in the same boat (taking the prereq at a different school than the one I originally got my diploma from). However, the courses I'm taking now are strictly BIOCHEM 1 and BIOCHEM 2. No room for error there. I know certain schools stated you have to take the full series. However, I feel a graduate class is not REALLY part of a series for an undergrad class.

Hope this makes sense. I'm a wee bit headachey ( oh cheap trader joes muscato, how I detest thee)

Hey Emiloo- I had a similar situation. Maybe it'll be helpful? I took biochem I. Considered taking II. Only a few schools required 2 semesters. My classes weren't set in stone so I could've changed my classes around. When I got waitlisted at UFL but into Tufts, I managed to drop my one class.

In other words, I wouldn't start panicking. I'd consider the "what they don't know won't destroy me" kind of attitude. I know it's stressful but if you don't need that extra biochem class cause you can't afford it, don't do it. They'll understand. People's plans change, ya know?? Be calm:)

Last edited:
In other words, I wouldn't start panicking. I'd consider the "what they don't know won't destroy me" kind of attitude. I know it's stressful but if you don't need that extra biochem class cause you can't afford it, don't do it. They'll understand. People's plans change, ya know?? Be calm:)

The problem is that I don't know if I need it or not and the semester starts this week lol. :confused: I guess I will have to call around and be hypothetical for a few hours on Tuesday :cool:. Thanks for all your guidance everyone. I really appreciate it!

Hey Emiloo- I had a similar situation. Maybe it'll be helpful? I took biochem I. Considered taking II. Only a few schools required 2 semesters.

And yeah, my situation is basically like a Biochem 1 and 2 sequence... But the "Biochem 1" in this case is 4 hours by itself and called General Biochemistry, which is why I assumed it was the one 4 hour semester :mad:

The problem is that I don't know if I need it or not and the semester starts this week lol. :confused: I guess I will have to call around and be hypothetical for a few hours on Tuesday :cool:. Thanks for all your guidance everyone. I really appreciate it!

Yup, that's your solution. Call the schools at which your application is still in play and ask them. If you don't need it ... personally I wouldn't take it. But that's just me. I know the people who were biochem majors had a significantly easier time with physio chem our first semester (as far as I can tell, it's the same thing as biochem). So maybe it'd be worthwhile if you find the subject tough. FWIW, my one semester of biochem was covered in three weeks of physio chem - so basically that one semester got me through one of four tests in the first-sem vet biochem. That gives you an idea of the general pace in vet school

Yup, that's your solution. Call the schools at which your application is still in play and ask them. If you don't need it ... personally I wouldn't take it. But that's just me. I know the people who were biochem majors had a significantly easier time with physio chem our first semester (as far as I can tell, it's the same thing as biochem). So maybe it'd be worthwhile if you find the subject tough.

12 of them are still in play... wish me luck! lol :luck::xf: I'm definitely not taking it if I don't need it, I just need to make sure I don't. Thanks again everyone! :bow:

12 of them are still in play... wish me luck! lol :luck::xf: I'm definitely not taking it if I don't need it, I just need to make sure I don't. Thanks again everyone! :bow:

Best of luck!!! :luck::xf::luck: I can relate with jumping through hoops for covering pre-reqs (UFL was particularly tricky for me. I spent most of my winter break haranguing my prof for syllabi for UFL's animal science pre-reqs since I was a bio major & my school doesn't really have animal sci classes....). I particularly avoided schools where I needed BChem for 2 semesters (BChem 1 was enough for me!). I firmly believe that the admissions peeps are pretty approachable about this sort of thing. Only advice is to spin it as positive as possible. Like, "I had intended to take this course but I hadn't expected _____ to occur and now it looks as if funds for this class aren't as possible as I had hoped." I hope all goes well!!!

Best of luck!!! :luck::xf::luck: I can relate with jumping through hoops for covering pre-reqs (UFL was particularly tricky for me. I spent most of my winter break haranguing my prof for syllabi for UFL's animal science pre-reqs since I was a bio major & my school doesn't really have animal sci classes....). I particularly avoided schools where I needed BChem for 2 semesters (BChem 1 was enough for me!). I firmly believe that the admissions peeps are pretty approachable about this sort of thing. Only advice is to spin it as positive as possible. Like, "I had intended to take this course but I hadn't expected _____ to occur and now it looks as if funds for this class aren't as possible as I had hoped." I hope all goes well!!!

What did you end up doing for animal science? I am trying to jump through that hoop right now too. I know I can take it the summer before, but just curious what you ended up doing.

Only advice is to spin it as positive as possible. Like, "I had intended to take this course but I hadn't expected _____ to occur and now it looks as if funds for this class aren't as possible as I had hoped." I hope all goes well!!!

Great idea! That's what I'll do! Thanks so much kaydubs :D

I do not know what to do about the GRE. I called ETS and Prometric on the 23rd to reschedule (because I did not have the confirmation number) and they were out on holiday. I get an email with the confirmation number just a few hours after I am allowed to cancel/reschedule. It being new years, they are not in their office. I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat. I am freaking out. I do not want to write this without having adequately prepared. I also do not want to write it sick because nothing is allowed in the exam room. I guess all I can do is call them first thing in the morning. I feel so dumb for leaving the letter with the confirmation number in it at home. But why must they take a massive winter break?!

I see. I thought you had signed up for the one course and were planning on taking the second one in the spring. Nevermind, the schools will never know you were thinking about taking the second course. I would just call the schools and ask. I still really doubt that the 4 credit course you already completed is not sufficient. I don't know of any vet school that requires graduate level biochem. You could call them and tell them who you are or you could just call them and ask them as a general question anonomously. Either way, you would get your answer. I really would not worry though, I think you are just fine with the one biochem course. My biochem course was 3 semester hours and it was called "fundamental biochemistry"; it was considered a junior/senior level course.

I see. I thought you had signed up for the one course and were planning on taking the second one in the spring. Nevermind, the schools will never know you were thinking about taking the second course. I would just call the schools and ask. I still really doubt that the 4 credit course you already completed is not sufficient. I don't know of any vet school that requires graduate level biochem. You could call them and tell them who you are or you could just call them and ask them as a general question anonomously. Either way, you would get your answer. I really would not worry though, I think you are just fine with the one biochem course. My biochem course was 3 semester hours and it was called "fundamental biochemistry"; it was considered a junior/senior level course.

Yeah, I mean the level isn't what I'm worried about, just that it's "half" of a "sequence". Yikes I'm scared lol. Thanks guys!

Ok guys... looking forward to hearing some news from everyone this week! Hopefully things will start to pick up and we will all have good news to share! :xf:

Wow- you sure miss a lot when you don't log on for like, A DAY!! :laugh:
Emiloo, I hope you get everything straightened out! Keep us posted, mmmk?? ;)
Sunnex, I am taking the BIOC 3021 also, along with Cell Bio. Dublin requires Cell Bio (not that I'm too hopeful or anything, but I'd hate to have that be my only school left and not be able to attend because of one stupid course.) PLUS, it will be helpful next year should I need to apply again... But in the meantime, lets be Online Biochem Study Buddies!!! YAY! :love:

Wow- you sure miss a lot when you don't log on for like, A DAY!! :laugh:

I didn't come on here for almost three days because of flying back to the US, jetlag and some stuff. It was crazy! So much stuff to read up on!

I didn't come on here for almost three days because of flying back to the US, jetlag and some stuff. It was crazy! So much stuff to read up on!

Heard- you seriously have to set aside a good hour to catch up. At LEAST. How was your trip!?!? Do tell... ;)