the truth about ASDOH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdohgrad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
r

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you be more specific about what they are doing, or not doing, that makes things so dire?

Can you be more specific about what they are doing, or not doing, that makes things so dire?
Yeah that's kind of the point of your thread OP . Leaving this out is just jerking us off to no end.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you're going to talk **** about a school then dont leave out the juicy details. Otherwise, looks like tou're just a troll.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, glad I can't apply there because of volunteers lok

Reactions: 1 user
The D3 and D4 class took a online survey to present to the faculty about clinical issues, not one student was happy. A collective group exists that determines policies for the school, which work in collaboration with the dean. This group has implemented several policies that have never been though out, tested, or given training to the people who need training. While clinic directors have many objections, they get cut down if they speak up. As a result, there are times in clinic where nobody knows how to schedule, check out, patients are left waiting so they can pay, students cannot see their schedule, and students are doubled booked and then given professionalism forms for not seeing a patient.

All of you asking for examples, did you just gloss over this part? Or do you just want way more in-depth info?

Reactions: 2 users
I am intimate with ASDOH and would like to share some insight on the school to bring light to many concerning issues. While ASDOH in the past had a great reputation and very happy students, there are many issues regarding the 3rd and 4th years. The current student body and faculty are extremely unhappy. There is not a single fourth or third year dental student that is currently happy at ASDOH. The D3 and D4 class took a online survey to present to the faculty about clinical issues, not one student was happy. A collective group exists that determines policies for the school, which work in collaboration with the dean. This group has implemented several policies that have never been though out, tested, or given training to the people who need training. While clinic directors have many objections, they get cut down if they speak up. As a result, there are times in clinic where nobody knows how to schedule, check out, patients are left waiting so they can pay, students cannot see their schedule, and students are doubled booked and then given professionalism forms for not seeing a patient. These policies made by the collective group are for personal endeavors, as everyone is pining to be given a higher position; we had no recommendations during the recent CODA visit yet our school has changed the majority of policies.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, and right now ASDOH clinic is a complete mess. As a graduate of this school, it is with a heavy heart, I cannot recommend my family to be seen in the clinic or recommend friends and family to apply to ASDOH. ASDOH has lost sight of what the institution was built upon, and I can only hope that it will change. I do not mean to be a vigilante, but ask any D3 or D4 and they will agree.

All of you asking for examples, did you just gloss over this part? Or do you just want way more in-depth info?

Specific examples...he said that they implemented several policies...well, those policies could be that everyone has to wear orange socks....we don't know....and he added information after we posted because when we replied, not of the scheduling info was there....

Hey there are girls in dentistry as well, don’t assume I’m just a dude…. I wish I could wear orange socks everyday but it’s not my color. I didn’t add any information later on, promise, thanks if you read the post entirely.

There are honestly so many examples of how things are falling apart, and I’m trying to not include my own personal experiences but rather what the classes are unhappy with. Our clinic is a complete mess, I can’t see my schedule, can’t schedule patients, we have competencies (instead of the point system) and nobody knows how to schedule them or which chairs are being used, our system was upgraded in the middle of the week and we lost all patient scheduling information in the past, we couldn’t write prescriptions, we had to change how everything is done (2 months prior to the D4 class graduating and the D3 class leaving on rotations, where things slowdown in the summer to allow for new policies to take place).

There is no thought given to policies and are implemented with no warning or preparation. We have only so many “operative” chairs and “perio” chairs, let’s say you want to schedule a crown or bridge patient and all perio chairs are open and the respective faculty is alright with you seeing the patient, nope sorry can’t do that….. and the purpose of this new company is to make the school money. So rather thank scehdule a patient (a day prior), the clinic would rather leave the chair open in case a perio patient shows up.

Our D4 class had a horrible licensure experience (not the operative/perio/endo skills but having the ability to screen patients). Students get double booked, because students can’t see their schedule and neither can the people scheduling things, so they just put stuff in student’s schedules….. The student is always blamed and some have received professionalism forms.

Again, I hope that ASDOH will regress to what the institution was built upon. I think this used to be a great school, but the non-clinical faculty are driving it into the ground with these new policies. Ask any D3/D4 student and they’ll agree.

Dang, that is rough. What are professionalism forms?

@asdohgrad so besides the issues with scheduling you'd say the clinics are overall pretty good?