The ultimate movie about gunners?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyrrion89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just read the plot synopsis for this film. Seems totally like a gunner thing to do! Anyone actually seen this film? Any good?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_In

Summary: "Gabriel Higgs (Stephen Mailer) has failed to get into Johns Hopkins to study medicine. He's sixth on a list of backup candidates, and must persuade the five people ahead of him to drop out. Gabriel has a family tradition to live up to. Things don't go to plan."

Members don't see this ad.

I just read the plot synopsis for this film. Seems totally like a gunner thing to do! Anyone actually seen this film? Any good?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_In

Summary: "Gabriel Higgs (Stephen Mailer) has failed to get into Johns Hopkins to study medicine. He's sixth on a list of backup candidates, and must persuade the five people ahead of him to drop out. Gabriel has a family tradition to live up to. Things don't go to plan."

Not a true gunner unless he's applying to Harvard and nowhere else.

I love the tagline "Med School: The price of admission is murder."

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if there's a poop hotdog involved in that movie.

Not a true gunner unless he also created a PreMed Harvard Medical School Group to offer advice and coach your LOR writers so you dont have to go to #2 schools like Hopkins or Stanford.

You must have missed the "family tradition" phrase. I suppose it's family tradition to rank JHU above Harvard. :shrug:

Speaking of HMS, there is a great, epic time scale documentary about a bunch of Harvard Med students called Doctors' Diaries on Netflix. A bit depressing in some parts, actually, but very interesting.

Not a true gunner unless he also created a PreMed Harvard Medical School Group to offer advice and coach your LOR writers so you dont have to go to #2 schools like Hopkins or Stanford.

:thumbup: That guy is going places. Maybe not medical school, but...places.

Somewhat off topic, but I highly recommend the movie Bad Medicine. It's a comedy about an American going to med school in Mexico in the 80s.