The under 20 AA DAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got 18 ( 16bio/ 16reading)

and I got 1 interview , hopely I can get in to this school.

All I need is just one school who want me , I don't need to have 5 or 10 schools' invitation since I am not going more than one. so I just keep my finger across and wait until Dec 3rd.

good luck guys

Members don't see this ad.

All I need is just one school who want me , I don't need to have 5 or 10 schools' invitation since I am not going more than one. so I just keep my finger across and wait until Dec 3rd.

good luck guys

I hear ya, bud...Good luck to you too. Hope you get more interviews. :xf:

good luck guys

congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that! Did you have any interviews that cycle? Good luck next cycle!
No .. interviews... I only applied to NYU, Stony brook and Columbia for 2010 cycle. Then after my 2nd retake to NYU only..but my scores were not good enough. Next cycle hopefully i'll get some interviews with my new scores

No .. interviews... I only applied to NYU, Stony brook and Columbia for 2010 cycle. Then after my 2nd retake to NYU only..but my scores were not good enough. Next cycle hopefully i'll get some interviews with my new scores

I hope you will as well! Are you going to apply to more schools this time? I think that will up your chances.

I have a 19AA
3.0 undergrad GPA with a 3.7 sGPA (postbacc)
non-traditional.

7 interviews so far.
Western, GHSU, UCLA, USC, Michigan, MUSC, Case Western.
I know interviews don't mean acceptances.. but still very grateful for the interviews.

Seriously, its not just about grades and a 22 AA DAT.. keep your hopes up guys!! Keep working at it. If we want it bad enough, there's nothing stopping us.

EDIT: def. not URM.

Reactions: 1 user
:thumbup::thumbup:
I have a 19AA
non-traditional.

7 interviews so far.
I know interviews don't mean acceptances.. but still very grateful for the interviews.

Seriously, its not just about grades and a 22 AA DAT.. keep your hopes up guys!! Keep working at it. If we want it bad enough, there's nothing stopping us.

I have 18 AA 19 PAT, 3.6 non-science, 3.5 science. 3 interviews so far.

I have a 19AA
non-traditional.

7 interviews so far.

Wow that's awesome! Congrats koalamowgli!

Awesome job mowgli! Just wondering when did you submit your app? And good luck!

Awesome job mowgli! Just wondering when did you submit your app? And good luck!
Thanks!!

my app was completed with my DAT scores around 3rd batch ish.. but completed most of my supp apps around end of july :)

good luck to you too!!!!

good luck guys

I also have 1 interview, i'm with you i hope i do well on the interview, i really don't have a choice but to do well, got 2 rejections today :( (ATSU and Midwestern-IL).

i have a 19aa
3.0 undergrad gpa with a 3.7 sgpa (postbacc)
non-traditional.

7 interviews so far.
Western, ghsu, ucla, usc, michigan, musc, case western.
I know interviews don't mean acceptances.. But still very grateful for the interviews.

Seriously, its not just about grades and a 22 aa dat.. Keep your hopes up guys!! Keep working at it. If we want it bad enough, there's nothing stopping us.

Edit: Def. Not urm.

nice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
With ~84% of the applicants in that category, potentially, there are about 10K members.

Does he mean that 84% of applicants have DAT scores of below 20AA? that doesn't sound right.. It is so rare to see below 20AA scores on sdn.

2nd interview ... UDM. Hope everyone's doing well, despite this stressful app cycle. :)

Just thought I would post up my stats to give people more confidence because it was threads like these that really helped me stay sane! I got 19/19/24 AA/TS/PA And my grades were on the lower end at 3.3oGPA and 3.2 sGPA. I had roughly 70 hours shadowing - no research - no dental club leadership. However, I did show other areas in my life where I was a "go getter" and had owned businesses in the past and knew how to work hard. I applied later (Aug) had 2 interviews and 1 acceptance! Thats all you need people..... 1! So hang in there and stop feeling like your not good enough!

For sure threads like this kept me going.

19AA/19PAT.
3.0 uGPA, 3.7 post bacc sGPA
Good amount of shadowing and EC's.

7 Interviews, went to only 6. Got 3 acceptances so far (Univ. of Michigan, USC, and GHSU). Haven't received any rejections post interview yet so hoping for more good news soon!

So.. if you really worked hard on your application with keeping up with grades etc.. don't freak out cause your DAT is below 20. seriously! :D

19AA/19PAT.

7 Interviews, went to only 6. Got 3 acceptances so far (Univ. of Michigan, USC, and GHSU). Haven't received any rejections post interview yet so hoping for more good news soon!

So.. if you really worked hard on your application with keeping up with grades etc.. don't freak out cause your DAT is below 20. seriously! :D

May I ask your overall BCP and ECs. Congrats :D

1st time applicant, 18AA 19 TS 21 PAT, 3.6 Ogpa/3.42 Sgpa, decent EC's/Volunteer. Schools didn't receive my application fully completed until mid August. Received 2 pre-dec interviews (both accepted) and just received 2 more post-dec interviews. I really thought my 18 AA (20 bio, 19 oc, 17 gc, 18 rc, 17 qr) would not cut it but I guess it pays to have good interviewing skills. This site has a tendency to drive normal people nuts as there seems to be a high number of elitist overachievers that make us average people feel like we have no chance of ever getting accepted . You never know unless you try, best of luck to all those still waiting and those applying with average stats!

Congrats dunkaroos :D Where were you interviewed and where will you be interviewing?

19AA/20TS

3 acceptances so far + 1 continued review
4 decisions pending.. (no idea what's going on with those)

no rejections.

Last edited:
19 AA, 19 TS, 15 PAT with 3.73 gpa

applied to 6 schools got 5 interviews [only went to 4] and got 3 acceptances and a ?
Have yet to hear from last school :thumbdown:

19AA/20TS

3 acceptances so far + 1 continued review
4 decisions pending.. (no idea what's going on with those)

Congrats :D

19 AA, 19 TS, 15 PAT with 3.73 gpa

applied to 6 schools got 5 interviews [only went to 4] and got 3 acceptances and a ?
Have yet to hear from last school :thumbdown:

Congrats :D

This thread is amazing. It has made it firm for me to not retake my DAT.

I have 19 AA and 19 TS oGPA 3.38 sGPA 3.16 and got interviews to the 3 Texas schools (all I applied to) and received one acceptance. It is totally possible. :luck:

May I ask your overall BCP and ECs. Congrats :D
BCP: 3.5 ish (anyways, lower than my postbac sGPA cause I didn't do too well with chemistry (A- or B's) but did well with Calculus and other upper science)

ECs: 500+ shadowing, 200+ volunteering, founded two clubs (international business, mentoring), NO research whatsoever, volunteered at high risk underserved communities regularly.

I have gotten 3 interviews so far, and one acceptance to UDM with a 19AA and 3.6GPA/3.7 science GPA. First time applicant. VERY EXCITED. Thought my DAT was a little low, but thats not the only thing that matters :)

4 interviews: NOVA, Minnesota, UNE, and LECOM
stats are below

THANK YOU!! These were schools I didn't even know existed because they aren't listed in the most recent ASDA guide or on many other websites for that matter. You may have just saved me from many many nights of tossing and turning :)

THANK YOU!! These were schools I didn't even know existed because they aren't listed in the most recent ASDA guide or on many other websites for that matter. You may have just saved me from many many nights of tossing and turning :)

i got total of 12 interviews with my stats but thats because I took a gamble by applying to 51 schools. 12 have rejected me and it hurt me due to most were in the beginning and Dec 3rd.

i got total of 12 interviews with my stats but thats because I took a gamble by applying to 51 schools. 12 have rejected me and it hurt me due to most were in the beginning and Dec 3rd.
How much did that end up costing you? about $4000?

I really like the optimism on this thread. However realistically would a 17AA, 17TS, 18PAT (also 21 RC) with about a 3.5 overall GPA, lots of community service, good EC and LOR just not cut it anywhere? I've checked out all the schools mentioned on this thread and to me it seems feasible, but some say anything under an 18AA won't cut it and that's still nagging at me.

Last edited:
I'd hate to be the devil's advocate, but although people with lower stats DO get accepted, it's probably a large minority of the lower stat applicants.. If you're lacking one place, you have to make it up on another!

That's why I'll be retaking my DAT and putting in some extra EC.

Thanks, seems like some solid advice. If I were to plan to spend most of my summer studying and take it again early to mid August would that still be early enough?

18/18/24. Received 8 acceptances on Dec 3rd. Received 5 post-december interviews thus far (declined). Applied to 15 schools.

It really helps to research each school you apply to and consider the probability of acceptance.

:thumbup:

good luck in d-school

19AA/19PAT.

quick update!
Got accepted to MUSC also. rejected from UCLA.
Got an interview at Tufts, but will not be going.

All you below 20 DAT comrades! Fight on!

19aa/19ts/21pat
3.46overall
3.41sci
3.43bcp

4 interviews
tufts
nyu
umdnj
temple

1 acceptance
tufts.

19AA / 17TS(18 bio, 18 organic, & 17 gen.chem) / 22PAT / 22RC
GPA: 4.48
sGPA: 3.22

I only applied to one school bc I had a not-so-great DAT score at first, but retook in january and got the above scores and received an interview a week later! My interview is next friday! Feb 8!

3 interviews no acceptances yet. Wahh.

19AA / 17TS(18 bio, 18 organic, & 17 gen.chem) / 22PAT / 22RC
GPA: 4.48
sGPA: 3.22

I only applied to one school bc I had a not-so-great DAT score at first, but retook in january and got the above scores and received an interview a week later! My interview is next friday! Feb 8!

Nice oGPA, you must've been racking up those A+++'s :cool: