The University of Oklahoma - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmtech23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to OU? :) BOOMER

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sooner!
Yes, I will be applying there for the early decision program by September 3rd I believe. Good to see someone else going for OU too!

Sooner!
Yes, I will be applying there for the early decision program by September 3rd I believe. Good to see someone else going for OU too!

Do you know if we don't get accepted during the ED, will our application be considered during
the normal rolling cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would imagine they still would be but I'd ask Jennifer Richardson the recruiting director to be sure.

I'll be applying to OU this fall as well. It's my number one so hopefully I get in there, Tulsa or okc

Okay guys, I e-mailed Jennifer and she said "it would roll into the regular applicant pool assuming that you were not denied."

well thats good to know haha

I am from Texas but I will be applying here. OU will be one of the schools that I will apply to.

Does anyone happen to know the average PCAT score for OU or like the avg PCAT score for the most recent accepted class?

Does anyone happen to know the average PCAT score for OU or like the avg PCAT score for the most recent accepted class?

I'm pretty sure it was on the website for beginning fall 2012- was 68%

I'm also applying to OU this fall. It's my first and only choice.. so I HAVE to get in! Good luck to you guys and I hope to see you next year on campus!

same here! thanks and good luck to you all as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
FALL 2012 Stats:

Pre-requisite GPA: 3.53
Overall GPA: 3.36
Last 60 hours: 3.42
Science GPA: 3.27
Non-science GPA: 3.52
Overall completed hours: 136
72% have completed a bachelor's degree or above.

PCAT Composite: 68

Class Total: 113
OKC: 75
Tulsa: 38

OK Resident: (81%)
Non-Resident: (19%)

Female: (55%)
Male: (45%)

I'm also applying to OU this fall. It's my first and only choice.. so I HAVE to get in! Good luck to you guys and I hope to see you next year on campus!

OU is my first and only choice as well! I hope I get in this year, I definitely don't want to wait another year to apply. Good luck to all!

If anyone has Dr. Collin's Review and doesn't need it anymore please PM me.

Have you guys already submitted both applications? I'm working on my personal statement and as soon as that's done I'll submit mine.

I'm still finishing up on PharmCas. Does the supplemental application take a long time to complete? I haven't started on that yet :/

I'm still finishing up on PharmCas. Does the supplemental application take a long time to complete? I haven't started on that yet :/

The supplemental doesn't take long at all. There's a few short explanations for why you chose OU and how many times you've visited/who you contacted. It's much shorter than Pharmcas.

I'm about halfway through with the pharmcas application, have put it on hold since the PCAT, so now i can just focus on that and wait on my references too.

OU! YES!!!! haha I am attending the university of oklahoma undergrad right now. I am worried about my personal essay....I am a horrible writer. Can anyone help me?

OU! YES!!!! haha I am attending the university of oklahoma undergrad right now. I am worried about my personal essay....I am a horrible writer. Can anyone help me?

Welcome! I am also worried about the personal essay, and I am trying to finish it this weekend. Luckily, my ochem professor also majored in english during college so she will try to help me with it.

Did everyone else get an email about OU's prescription for inspiration admissions workshop? Wondering if there is any point to going since I finished applying and submitted both pharmcas and supplemental apps (finally!) ?

I just submitted by pharmcas and supplemental app yesterday and it's been verified and will be sent in the next mailing cycle. Only thing missing is one of my LORs. but yay! I applied and got in last year, but am unable to attend this year, so I'm also doing early decision because this is my top choice school. Does anyone know about when interviews may be?

Congrats! mine has also just been mailed to OU yesterday, but still waiting on one LOR:(. They said well know by october 15 whether we get in or not if we are applying early decision so has to be sometime between september 3 and then.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the 'supplemental application' to be marked as received on Pharmcas after both are submitted?

Hi everyone,

I am working on the supplemental application right now and there is a question that I kinda don't know how to answer..."List all health professions schools to which you have made application". Sorry, this question seems really simple but I dont know if I should be super honest to list ALL the schools I am applying to or just list some of schools...? I am worried if I listed all the schools, the admission officers will think I dont consider UOK as the only school I want to get in. However, I am worried if I dont list all the schools, they might have my PharmCAS information for Pharmacy Designations? Sorry if I think too much on this simple question, but can someone give me some opinions? Thanks a lot :)

Hi everyone,

I am working on the supplemental application right now and there is a question that I kinda don't know how to answer..."List all health professions schools to which you have made application". Sorry, this question seems really simple but I dont know if I should be super honest to list ALL the schools I am applying to or just list some of schools...? I am worried if I listed all the schools, the admission officers will think I dont consider UOK as the only school I want to get in. However, I am worried if I dont list all the schools, they might have my PharmCAS information for Pharmacy Designations? Sorry if I think too much on this simple question, but can someone give me some opinions? Thanks a lot :)

Are you applying Early Decision? I listed that I was applying Early Decision to them because they are my first choice but if I don't get accepted early decision then I would apply to .... as well.

That's what I did, atleast. :)

So I just submitted my pharmcas and supplemental. Yes, I procrastinated. I had everything ready in June but just finished my personal statement.. Shame on me. But at least I got it in for early decision. Good luck to all of you!

Anyone else get their interview invitation email? It says I'm in group 1 and my interview is next Saturday. Isn't that kind of short notice? I was hoping to have more time to prepare! Now I'm nervous. Anybody know anything about the multiple mini interview format? I've never heard of it.

Last edited:
Anyone else get their interview invitation email? It says I'm in group 1 and my interview is next Saturday. Isn't that kind of short notice? I was hoping to have more time to prepare! Now I'm nervous. Anybody know anything about the multiple mini interview format? I've never heard of it.

Congrats! I just got mine today! I am in group 3. Yes, one week sounds like very short notice. I don't even know if I will be able to attend I have a football game in Arkansas for my university that day so I don't know what I'm going to do:mad: Yeah I saw the new mini interview thing and have never heard of it before so it is freaking me out a little.

Woohoo congrats guys! I got one too and am in group 3 also! I wonder how many people are interviewing!

Congrats!! I received an interview too! But I'm in group 2! I'm super nervous!! But I have found some MMI videos that are online helpful in preparing, and I borrowed some of the pharmacy journals from my work to catch up on some current events! Good Luck to everyone!!!! Hopefully we will be in pharmacy school together next year :)

I am so nervous! It sucks that they're trying this new interview process. I was prepared for the normal interview but not the MMI. I hope it goes well for me and for all of you!

Unfortunately, I have to miss the interview for my football game in Arkansas the same day, so I will be interviewing in December:( Just wanted to say good luck to you all and I hope you all do great!:D

I just received my acceptance email! I wish you all good luck on your interviews and future endeavors. I hope to see you all on campus next year! Thanks for all the help! :D

Congrats!! I got in also! Yay!

Congrats to those who got accepted! I am also wondering if you guys wouldnt mind sharing your experience of the interview for those of us who are yet to take it. Thanks!

Congrats, that's awesome!

Mind sharing any interview questions or process?

I submited both Pharmcas and supplemental applications in September but I have not received any email about an interview invitation. Has anyone received an invitation for Dec 14?

I submited both Pharmcas and supplemental applications in September but I have not received any email about an interview invitation. Has anyone received an invitation for Dec 14?

I haven't heard anything, but the interview is almost 2 months away so I don't know if they will send out invitations until it gets closer. Hopefully it's soon though! Good luck!

I had received an interview for October but couldnt not attend because of previous commitments so she said I would have first choice at the three remaining ones and I chose the December 14th one, but it wasn't an official invitation if thats what your asking. Good luck!

For those asking about the interview process:

We signed a confidentiality agreement so we can't talk about it. But the whole process went by really quickly and it felt more conversational than a formal interview.

For those asking about the interview process:

We signed a confidentiality agreement so we can't talk about it. But the whole process went by really quickly and it felt more conversational than a formal interview.

Oh okay that's understandable. Thank you for letting us know!

I have a question about the prerequisites. When they say letter grades of "C" or higher, does that include C-? My school does a +/- grading system. I know for certain pharmacy schools, a C- or C+ both count as just a C.

Just received my interview invite today! Scheduled for 12/14.

Same here! Did you get any sort of email confirmation when you scheduled your date?

Now that I think about it, I didn't get any email confirmation. Maybe we'll get one Monday, if not I'll probably send Jennifer a quick email just to confirm.
Congrats btw!

Now that I think about it, I didn't get any email confirmation. Maybe we'll get one Monday, if not I'll probably send Jennifer a quick email just to confirm.
Congrats btw!
You don't need to worry about emailing Jennifer. I sent her one last night just to check and she replied today saying that we won't get any confirmation when we submit our date requests. She also said that it's very hard to look up individual confirmations and that she'd "contact everyone shortly with more details", whatever that means. So I guess we just sit tight now!

And congrats to you, too! I'll post which session I'm in whenever I find out.