The University of Oklahoma - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on your invitation! When did you guys send out your applications? I am still waiting for the invitation and super nervous!!!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your invitation! When did you guys send out your applications? I am still waiting for the invitation and super nervous!!!! :(
Thank you! My PharmCAS application went out on October 7th, and I submitted my supplemental on October 8th.

I hope you hear something soon!

You don't need to worry about emailing Jennifer. I sent her one last night just to check and she replied today saying that we won't get any confirmation when we submit our date requests. She also said that it's very hard to look up individual confirmations and that she'd "contact everyone shortly with more details", whatever that means. So I guess we just sit tight now!

And congrats to you, too! I'll post which session I'm in whenever I find out.
Thanks for the info... I'll post when I find out too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted to pharmcas 10/4.
Supplemental app submitted 10/14, I believe.

Sorry to be late to this party, lol. I am applying for the Fall semester, obviously not the early decision process. I am from Kansas, and I was unsure of the process for admission here for OU. Do you first need to apply to the school using the graduate application? Then (I have already done the Pharmcas part) and currently at work on the supplemental aspect. Is there anything else I need to do before I send everything off?

Sorry to be late to this party, lol. I am applying for the Fall semester, obviously not the early decision process. I am from Kansas, and I was unsure of the process for admission here for OU. Do you first need to apply to the school using the graduate application? Then (I have already done the Pharmcas part) and currently at work on the supplemental aspect. Is there anything else I need to do before I send everything off?

Hi Kurock92, I am pretty sure that we only have to submit Pharmcas and supplemental applications :)

Just got my interview invitation and I scheduled for Dec. 14th :)

December 14th interview information email went out today, did anyone else get session 2 group 4?

December 14th interview information email went out today, did anyone else get session 2 group 4?
I am in session 2, group 4 too!!! I am so nervous! How do you prepare for the MMI?

Accepted 5 minutes ago!!!!
Interviewed 12/14 group 1 session 1.

I am accepted and will be attending classes at Tulsa campus :). Congrats to all of us!!!

I'm glad you guys said something, I checked my yahoo mail where they normally send my emails and nothing was there. For some odd reason I checked my spam folder and yep there was an email all the way at 9:48 AM in the morning of my acceptance haha all that worrying for nothing! Congrats to you all!! Anyone else on OKC campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad you guys said something, I checked my yahoo mail where they normally send my emails and nothing was there. For some odd reason I checked my spam folder and yep there was an email all the way at 9:48 AM in the morning of my acceptance haha all that worrying for nothing! Congrats to you all!! Anyone else on OKC campus?
I chose the okc campus, but I haven't decided whether I'll be attending...I've already been accepted somewhere else.

For those who have interviewed, if you can answer this question, was the whole interview time MMI or was there some part that was traditional faculty interview aside from that (a few examples of traditional: Why do you want to be a pharmacist, Why OU, etc...)

There was no traditional faculty interview. They will do an info session and go over the pros of the school after the MMI.

They weren't kidding found acceptance email in the spam folder, anyways are there any scholarships or tuition waivers for out of states like from Texas? I really liked the school but I'm struggling looking at how much non-residents would have to pay, or is it relatively do able to get re-classed as resident after a year or so?

They weren't kidding found acceptance email in the spam folder, anyways are there any scholarships or tuition waivers for out of states like from Texas? I really liked the school but I'm struggling looking at how much non-residents would have to pay, or is it relatively do able to get re-classed as resident after a year or so?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm from Texas and I really liked the school, but tuition is really scaring me off. Is there anybody out there that can shed some light on how strong OU's clinical program is? I like that it's located in the medical center and from what I can tell it is good. I'd much rather pay for a Texas school, but I'm worried about how strong Kingsville's clinical program is versus OU's.

I interviewed on 01-25 and found out last week I was accepted. Congratulations everyone and see you in the fall!!

Anyone from out of state?
(Other than TX that is)

I am an international student and I got accepted last December! :)

Yeah I still can't believe it was in my spam folder... I don't know about tuition waivers or scholarships but I know that you can pay full price out of state tuition for the first year and apply to be a resident of the state so that when your second year comes around you will be paying the same as all of us okies haha

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Can't wait to start our first year of Pharmacy school together! Does anyone know if we have a Facebook group for our class yet? I've been asked if we do but I hadn't heard of it yet?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Can't wait to start our first year of Pharmacy school together! Does anyone know if we have a Facebook group for our class yet? I've been asked if we do but I hadn't heard of it yet?
I was also wondering this. Also, has anyone heard when they will send us information regarding the fall semester and such? I would think it would be right after the last round of interviews which is in February I believe.

I interviewed this last Saturday February 22nd. we were told we will be notified in two to three weeks. For those that are already accepted, were told the same and how long did it really take for you to get feedback from Jennifer.

I interviewed this last Saturday February 22nd. we were told we will be notified in two to three weeks. For those that are already accepted, were told the same and how long did it really take for you to get feedback from Jennifer.

Interviewed on a Saturday, and notified of acceptance the following Thursday so 5 days, check your spam email because that is where I found the email.

Interviewed on a Saturday, and notified of acceptance the following Thursday so 5 days, check your spam email because that is where I found the email.
Thank you for the information. But were you told the results will be out in two to three weeks after the interview but actually got a feedback after 5days.

Thank you for the information. But were you told the results will be out in two to three weeks after the interview but actually got a feedback after 5days.

Yes they said we would find out in 2-3 weeks, but they sent me an email like 5 days later, but it was in my spam email. They then sent the actual letter out a week after that. Not sure of their system but I know a couple of us that interviewed that day found out on the following Thursday after our interview.

Yes they said we would find out in 2-3 weeks, but they sent me an email like 5 days later, but it was in my spam email. They then sent the actual letter out a week after that. Not sure of their system but I know a couple of us that interviewed that day found out on the following Thursday after our interview.
Thank you. I just hope they get back to us this weekend, I just can not wait for the next 2 weeks.

I was accepted a few weeks ago and am looking forward to going here in the Fall. Does anyone know if there has been a facebook group created yet?

I got my acceptance letter today.

Has anyone that was accepted last week received further information/a letter yet? Still patiently waiting...

Has anyone that was accepted last week received further information/a letter yet? Still patiently waiting...

So far I've received a save-the-date email for a Student Success Day that will be in April.. and emails on how to set up an OUHSC email address. Nothing else though...

I haven't received those! Did you interview on Feb. 22nd?

The email I received said "The OUHSC Office of Admissions and Records will send formal notification of your admission and instructions for confirming your intention to matriculate shortly after the holiday break. " And then it said if you haven't received anything by March 11th, contact them. Hopefully I'll receive it today!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted! I have as well! We should make some kind of facebook group or something? We could see who our future fellow classmates are!

BOOMER SOONER!

I haven't received those! Did you interview on Feb. 22nd?

The email I received said "The OUHSC Office of Admissions and Records will send formal notification of your admission and instructions for confirming your intention to matriculate shortly after the holiday break. " And then it said if you haven't received anything by March 11th, contact them. Hopefully I'll receive it today!

blaaghh, i didn't notice you were asking if anyone accepted more recently had received anything yet. sorry! i got the acceptance in december. if you haven't received your formal letter in the mail today enclosed with info on how to submit your deposit, then definitely email them.

blaaghh, i didn't notice you were asking if anyone accepted more recently had received anything yet. sorry! i got the acceptance in december. if you haven't received your formal letter in the mail today enclosed with info on how to submit your deposit, then definitely email them.

Haha, no worries! I got it sorted out! :) Has anyone started looking for a place to live? I'm not familiar with OKC so I don't know how early people start looking?... Or even where I should look?

Haha, no worries! I got it sorted out! :) Has anyone started looking for a place to live? I'm not familiar with OKC so I don't know how early people start looking?... Or even where I should look?
I got accepted in december and immediately applied to be on the waiting list for the university village apartments which are right on the the OUHSC campus. They are priced pretty well like around 500 for a one bed and around 900 for a townhouse. The Lincoln Apartments has a lot of students there too, but while it is a nice place, it is more expensive (starting at around 1200 for a two bed I was looking at). Its around 7-10 minutes to the school. I just recently found out about some newly renovated apartments called the Capital apartments (5-7 min away) on Lincoln and 28th I believe. Much more reasonably priced (900 for two bed one bath) plus utilities but they have OU student discount. I was far down on the OU university village apartments, so decided to get a lease on the Capital apartment. So those are the three ones that I have heard a lot of students live at. I know their are a lot of downtown apartments as well but they are much higher in price. You could always try homes for rent, but its also expensive because of location. Also, if anyone decides to live at capital apartments could you say I (Ian Sanders) referred you? I only ask because they would give me a discount. Well hope that helps with where to start looking!

Congrats all of you who made it in this cycle. I will be applying for Fall 2015, any tips or advice? Also, how were your applications in terms of grades and pcat scores if you don't mind.