The University of Oklahoma Waitlisters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats

Members don't see this ad.

I GOT THE BRE THIS MORNING!!!! I'M IN!!!
Keep the faith!!!! the list is still moving!!

Hooray! Another SDNer joins the ranks of waitliss removees!! Don't forget to join here, too!

Oh yeah... exactly how BIG is the BRE? And is it Crimson red? Heavy and full feeling or thin and flimsy?? Please, please... cater to my fantasy.

I always figured that it would prop up our mailbox lid, but it didn't, so when Mr. Bravo opened the mailbox it came as quite a surprise to him (who is well versed on the color-coding system) see it folded over waiting for discovery.

It shows up in a standard-sized 10x13 envelope that is bright red (not crimson, as I was expecting). This is a slightly photoshopped version of the one that showed up at our house.

I really am glad that we're hearing good news again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more SDNers join the ranks.

Attachments

• name_edit.jpg
    name_edit.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 180
Hooray! Another SDNer joins the ranks of waitliss removees!! Don't forget to join here, too!

I always figured that it would prop up our mailbox lid, but it didn't, so when Mr. Bravo opened the mailbox it came as quite a surprise to him (who is well versed on the color-coding system) see it folded over waiting for discovery.

It shows up in a standard-sized 10x13 envelope that is bright red (not crimson, as I was expecting). This is a slightly photoshopped version of the one that showed up at our house.

I really am glad that we're hearing good news again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more SDNers join the ranks.

The way I just got eerily excited when I saw the picture of the BRE cannot be normal...

I've seriously had at least TWO dreams that I remember about finding a BRE in my mailbox hahaha... and neither of the imaginary BREs looked like that!

Wow, I need to get some sleep/a life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone so much!!!
And drlacyb, I'm sure bravofriendly's picture will top any description I had of the BRE!! haha.

The way I just got eerily excited when I saw the picture of the BRE cannot be normal...

I've seriously had at least TWO dreams that I remember about finding a BRE in my mailbox hahaha... and neither of the imaginary BREs looked like that!

Wow, I need to get some sleep/a life.
In my dream it was a folded up newspaper with clues throughout highlighted in red that gave me the secret message I got in.... it was really a good dream!

another double post... i forgot to say thank you for my new desktop image ;)

In my dream it was a folded up newspaper with clues throughout highlighted in red that gave me the secret message I got in.... it was really a good dream!

That is a pretty cool dream. A fun nighttime mystery that ends in great news. Now we just keep our finders crossed that the good news part comes true. And you are most welcome for the image.

anyone know the total number theyve pulled off? i called wednesday and they said 29...thats the last i heard

congrats dkdc!!

and bravofriendly, you beat me to posting a pic of the BRE...it wasn't what I was expecting it to look like either, lol!

anyone hear any news lately?

I was wondering if anyone had new numbers on letters sent?

32 people have been taken off the list according to Dotty as of this morning.

Hey guys!
ok i just called and they said 28. How are they off 4 people?

so i called again recently, and someone different whom i've never talked to said 34. I'm guessing that's the official number since I heard him counting on the phone. Has anyone heard anything? This board has died down. I'm guessing either everyone posting got in or are busy reapplying for next year??

Members don't see this ad :)
I know! This board was my lifeline, and now I am just slaving over MCAT cards and avidly avoiding writing a new personal statement! I am just glad you called, and the list is still moving at least a bit! I think most of us on this thread have joined the Class of 2012 thread because they're off the list... just a few lone waiters now..

no movement in 2 weeks?? I might have to break down and make a call.

Nevermind, folks. Keep the faith because the waitlist still lives! I'M IN!!! Hang in there!

Nevermind, folks. Keep the faith because the waitlist still lives! I'M IN!!! Hang in there!

Wow, thats ironic that you got your acceptance letter a few hours after you made the post about calling up there. Congratulations. I'm suprised to see the list still moving. Aug 1st is coming quickly, ushering in the final letters of "reapplication". Atleast there will be some closure to all of this. I have enjoyed the waitlist discussions, it was helpful. Still confused why they took 91 people on the list and left us all hanging for months on end, but i guess thats the way it goes. I'm heading to D.O. school in missouri and i'm excited about it. Good luck to all people accepted to OU off the waitlist and good luck to all other waitlisters. You will get in this time around. Get those MCAT scores and you'll be good. Hopefully someone will have a final waitlist acceptee number by august 1st, just out of curiousity. so long waitlisters.

The Waitlist is still moving! I just got my acceptance!!!!

just out of curiousity drlacyb & thiems...when did you guys interview? i feel like its past the point to be hoping now...but im still curious

I interviewed Jan 17 and had all A's, but I got a low grade in fall semester. Keep the faith bohica! I was totally blown away, it can happen for anyone.

just out of curiousity drlacyb & thiems...when did you guys interview? i feel like its past the point to be hoping now...but im still curious
I interviewed January 17th as well. Sub-par MCAT and maybe slightly higher than normal grades. There's still hope!

Aug. 1 is here, so the waitlist ends apparently. Are we supposed to get final letters of "reapplication"? Anybody know the final number of people pulled from the list?

WOW. I know it's a moot point now, but for the record, I meant A's in interview score and NOT grades. I had high enough MCAT but 3.3 or so GPA. Just so I'm not a liar :)

Kind of off topic but I figured any of ya'll that still check this thread might have an idea...

I am applying to OU

MCAT 28Q
Sci. GPA = 3.73
Cum GPA = 3.78

Majored in Finance and Management

20 hrs of shadowing, lots of athletic EC through college, volunteering in county hospital ER...

I am a Tex resident but went to college in Oklahoma for five years....

Any idea on whether I have a shot at getting in or not?

Also on close ties part of the application should I mention that I am currently looking for a job in Tulsa or OKC? I am probably not going to move there until January but thought I might go ahead and mention it...thoughts?

Kind of off topic but I figured any of ya'll that still check this thread might have an idea...

I am applying to OU

MCAT 28Q
Sci. GPA = 3.73
Cum GPA = 3.78

Majored in Finance and Management

20 hrs of shadowing, lots of athletic EC through college, volunteering in county hospital ER...

I am a Tex resident but went to college in Oklahoma for five years....

Any idea on whether I have a shot at getting in or not?

Also on close ties part of the application should I mention that I am currently looking for a job in Tulsa or OKC? I am probably not going to move there until January but thought I might go ahead and mention it...thoughts?

I don't expect this thread will be getting too much traffic until a little later in the application cycle. I was an in-state applicant, so I'm not really sure what the difference in stats for that pool might be. Good luck!

I don't expect this thread will be getting too much traffic until a little later in the application cycle. I was an in-state applicant, so I'm not really sure what the difference in stats for that pool might be. Good luck!

What were your stats, Bravo, if you don't mind saying?

Also, do you know what the deal is with OU Tulsa? I know they're starting basically a new med school next year in Tulsa, but on the OU secondary for this year, it asks if you are interested in being considered for the new Tulsa school. Does OU review your app. differently for OU Tulsa as opposed to the OU Norman?

I know you can do your last 2 years in Tulsa already as an OU med student. I'm talking about the new school or whatever they're supposed to be opening up. Thanks!

What were your stats, Bravo, if you don't mind saying?

Also, do you know what the deal is with OU Tulsa? I know they're starting basically a new med school next year in Tulsa, but on the OU secondary for this year, it asks if you are interested in being considered for the new Tulsa school. Does OU review your app. differently for OU Tulsa as opposed to the OU Norman?

I know you can do your last 2 years in Tulsa already as an OU med student. I'm talking about the new school or whatever they're supposed to be opening up. Thanks!

Rocket, check your PM in a bit regarding your first Q.

You must be referring to the OU College of Community Medicine. There is not a "new" medical school in Tulsa. OUCOM OKC will continue to perform the task of educating OU's medical students, Tulsa-track or otherwise, in OKC. This is not expected to change in the near future. The Tulsa option for clinical years remains. My understanding is that they are looking to increase the class size, gradually, to accomodate 200/year total. I DO NOT know how many are expected to matriculate for 2013's class. The class of 2012 has 170 students. There are working toward implementing special training with regard to community health, but the specifics of that are hazy to me and would be best directed by phone to the OU Tulsa office, whom I'm sure would be very helpful in sharing information. Don't be hesitant to call, they are quite friendly.

As of last year and to the best of my (limited) knowledge, all applications are taken and reviewed without respect to campus. I (and all my classmates) signed a paper saying that I understood that if need be, I might be asked to complete my clinical years in Tulsa. There has never been a time thus far where students were forced to move to Tulsa. The issue would more likely be Tulsa not having enough room for the students wanting to go. This may be outdated and your best bet is to check with the office of admissions. Once again, these ladies are supernice and would be happy to clear up any concerns/confusion.

I suggest someone start a OU Class of 2013 thread so that everyone going through this application cycle has a place to congregate and ask questions. More current OU students will assume that to be the more active thread and stop by with advice/answer Qs. Most will see this thread's title and assume it is only for waitlisters/waitlist concerns.