The upcoming cycle 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My experience San Antonio I applied last 2 yrs but no interview call. I think they have only 10 seats.

Members don't see this ad.

No it is not a requirement.
That is right composite 101 they will start receiving application in the 1st of August, does any one know if it is easy to get in this school? I have not heard about any one that have been interviewed or admitted their (mainly from my country )

Did you get any email/mail from individual schools regarding application complete status?!!

Did you get any email/mail from individual schools regarding application complete status?!!
NO not yet, the only thing I received was from UIC telling me that they have received my CAAPID application.

Members don't see this ad :)
My experience San Antonio I applied last 2 yrs but no interview call. I think they have only 10 seats.
What is the deal with them, do they have specific preferences? like high states, experience or research??

What is the deal with them, do they have specific preferences? like high states, experience or research??

I really don't know their preferences..
My gpa is not good may be that is reason, otherwise everything regarding the application is not bad I think.

Good luck all.

since i dont have a green card i will be applying to the following schools
USC, UOP, UCSF, NYU, BU, NEW JERSY, COLORADO, MICHIGAN, UPENN...
is there any other school i'm applicable to?

does anyone also know any GPR/ AEGD programs that accept non citizens?
why does everyone keep on saying about having a green card or citizenship. is it really easier for them to get in to the program.

can any tell me, should i apply to0 uni of pittasburg, Uni of Marquett, Uni of michigan?
My concerns for these universities are because pittasburg and marqyett do not have more seats and michigan has special requirment in toefl. my toefl score is not up to that requirment. please share your exp.

why does everyone keep on saying about having a green card or citizenship. is it really easier for them to get in to the program.
yes that citizenship and green card increase your chances to get in to dental school bcoz u can apply to more dental schools.

HI,
those who have taken the date for nbde part 2 from prometric can u please tell me what is the earliest date available...?
like which month approximately? its written that dates should be taken 60 -90 days in advance...do you need to book it that early? Also they send reports to three licensing boards...did you guys allot those right now when taking the part 2 , since we are just starting our applications for the 2013 cycle and its 2 more years if we get in and then graduate? I'm not sure how this works...
thanks for the help..

I received an email from UOP saying application complete, finally some move... Anyone have received this email or an email from other school?

I received an email from UOP saying application complete, finally some move... Anyone have received this email or an email from other school?

well i got one saying application incomplete.. they received my supplemental documents yesterday..so will be waiting for an application complete email this friday :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
thats good...did u get complete email from UIC? i got an email from UOP saying application incomplete ...i guess they are still updating my supp application materials.

does anyone have any idea abt my earlier post?
thanks

thats good...did u get complete email from UIC? i got an email from UOP saying application incomplete ...i guess they are still updating my supp application materials.

thanks

thanks
I have not receive an email from UIC yet !!! Just waiting

HI,
those who have taken the date for nbde part 2 from prometric can u please tell me what is the earliest date available...?
like which month approximately? its written that dates should be taken 60 -90 days in advance...do you need to book it that early? Also they send reports to three licensing boards...did you guys allot those right now when taking the part 2 , since we are just starting our applications for the 2013 cycle and its 2 more years if we get in and then graduate? I'm not sure how this works...
thanks for the help..

Hi,
You have to look for the dates in the prometric centre where you want to take the exam. In my case, I took the date last week for June end so it depends from centre to centre. You can check that online.

Hi,
You have to look for the dates in the prometric centre where you want to take the exam. In my case, I took the date last week for June end so it depends from centre to centre. You can check that online.

thanks so much

I received an email from University of Michigan " application complete"

hi, does anyone know how many seats does university of Minnesota have? and how is this school ? any feedback ?
thanks..

any one received anything from upenn, unj??
thanks

UPENN usually use regular mail to communicate, last year it took about one week after sending my application to receive a confirmation. And they started sending invitations for IV only after the deadline, and they used regular mail as well.

Can anyone please share the pros and cons of UPENN....i am still confused to apply ....how many seats they have?

UPENN usually use regular mail to communicate, last year it took about one week after sending my application to receive a confirmation. And they started sending invitations for IV only after the deadline, and they used regular mail as well.

Thanks HOPE4. Good luck with school.

Can anyone please share the pros and cons of UPENN....i am still confused to apply ....how many seats they have?

Doing your own digging is part of the process... The harder you look into schools, more info you'll have, but you have to do a lot of it yourself...

How many seats? CAAPID Directory: 30
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/University%20of%20Pennsylvania.pdf

Schools website is a great place to start your work:
http://www.dental.upenn.edu/

I had already received my acceptance at UIC last year when I was invited to an interview at UPENN, for personal reasons I stayed in Chicago, but I've got to say that I was quite tempted to attend that IV at Pennsylvania.

Good luck!

Doing your own digging is part of the process... The harder you look into schools, more info you'll have, but you have to do a lot of it yourself...

How many seats? CAAPID Directory: 30
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/University of Pennsylvania.pdf

Schools website is a great place to start your work:
http://www.dental.upenn.edu/

I had already received my acceptance at UIC last year when I was invited to an interview at UPENN, for personal reasons I stayed in Chicago, but I've got to say that I was quite tempted to attend that IV at Pennsylvania.

Good luck!
You can only find the good things and the bright side of any school at their website, but real rating and critique of any program is from the students and graduates.

As I said their website is a great place to START! Didn't say everything would be found there. =D

please tell me do we have to send ece report to UIC? plz reply asap
Thanks.

Yes I have applied but not heard anything yet its been more than 2 weeks. How abt you??

They send me an email about fee $ 250.& other additional documents. I already mailed to them before 1 week, then nothing heard from them, even my check hasn't withdraw from bank..what about you???

i already sent my documents to CAAPID and i recieved this email today from them

ADEA CAAPID is in receipt of an incomplete copy of your foreign dental school transcript evaluation. The foreign dental school transcript evaluation we have received is a summary evaluation, not a course-by-course evaluation. You must submit your dental school academic record (transcript) to Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) and request a course-by-course (not summary) evaluation of your record.
i already enclosed the unopened envelop of my ECE report with transcript matching form.....plzzzz help me ...what is this ....what should i mail other than ece and lors....they already update my lors???????help me my app gettin late

i already sent my documents to CAAPID and i recieved this email today from them

ADEA CAAPID is in receipt of an incomplete copy of your foreign dental school transcript evaluation. The foreign dental school transcript evaluation we have received is a summary evaluation, not a course-by-course evaluation. You must submit your dental school academic record (transcript) to Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) and request a course-by-course (not summary) evaluation of your record.
i already enclosed the unopened envelop of my ECE report with transcript matching form.....plzzzz help me ...what is this ....what should i mail other than ece and lors....they already update my lors???????help me my app gettin late
You should check your ECE evaluation if it is Course by Course or not. If not, you should get a course by course evaluation done by ECE again and mail that to the CAAPID.( In course by course evaluation, all subjects are mentioned separately)

I received an email from University of Buffalo says that they have received my CAAPID application and they want me to pay the application fees... still waiting for UIC application complete email, I do not know why the forgot about me !! The only thing that they've updated is The degree awarded they made updates to this item twice, on the 22nd and 29th of may. Waiting is true torture

I received an email from University of Buffalo says that they have received my CAAPID application and they want me to pay the application fees... still waiting for UIC application complete email, I do not know why the forgot about me !! The only thing that they've updated is The degree awarded they made updates to this item twice, on the 22nd and 29th of may. Waiting is true torture

dont worry ...if there are some updates in your online status .. that's means they are working through it...you will get it soon. worst case scenario, if you dont get it till next week email her and she does normally reply back in day or so.
the wait is killing , just imagine what will happen when we wait for decisions.

hey,
they r total 10 seats in minnesota. heard that the program is gud, i cant surely say...u can check in detail about the college on their website.

dont worry ...if there are some updates in your online status .. that's means they are working through it...you will get it soon. worst case scenario, if you dont get it till next week email her and she does normally reply back in day or so.
yes I think I will do that if nothing happens next week... Thanks nbpoise:xf::xf::xf:

I have two questions please:
1-Did anybody receive anything from Upenn?
2-Has anyone got started to study DAT and do you think that NYU will remove this requirement for students who have scores?

Thank you,

agreed..we may have a nervous breakdown by then.. anyways..received a mail(by post) from UPENN.. they received my caapid application but the supplementary ones are not received yet !

agreed..we may have a nervous breakdown by then.. anyways..received a mail(by post) from UPENN.. they received my caapid application but the supplementary ones are not received yet !
I also received a mail from UPENN says that application incomplete, I have to send some other docs..

composite101 and dentist 86 - even i got regular mail from upenn abt cappid ...waiting for supp docs update.

hey!a lot of schools accept notarised copies of score reports or recommendation letter etc. what do they really want as notarisation??i don't think its the same as attestation or is it?

please help, i have absolutely no idea about this...

hey!a lot of schools accept notarised copies of score reports or recommendation letter etc. what do they really want as notarisation??i don't think its the same as attestation or is it?

Notarization is done by a public notary that you can find in the banks, public libraries and some places like UPS.. They will stamp and sign the copy of the document after they check the original one. Most of the schools require actual notarized which means that the stamp should be an actual one, not copy, so if you need 10 notarized documents you should have 10 copies stamped and signed.

hi u said dat a lot of schools accept notarised copies,,,i just know dat pacific accepts dat,,,which other schools accept notarised copies