The upcoming cycle 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks a lot!

pls tell me that do we have to send lors' to UIC also directly as we have already submitted with caapid , if yes can i send them later as i have already sent them my supple appli
Thanks.

pls tell me that do we have to send lors' to UIC also directly as we have already submitted with caapid , if yes can i send them later as i have already sent them my supple appli
Thanks.

They're very clear on what needs to be submitted as supplemental application. Have tried to read their website?

http://dentistry.uic.edu/depts/admissions/iddp/requirements.cfm?m=3&o=3

"Send the complete listing of supplemental application requirements listed below to the College of Dentistry Office of Admissions."

Just read... And no, you don't have to send LORs to UIC, only to CAAPID.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some more basic reading for you. =D
CAAPID directory, UICs file:

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/University of Illinois at Chicago.pdf

Just read under 'Letters of Evaluation'...

"Letter of Evaluation
Program accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
Only 2 letters of recommendation are required. Preferably, one should be from a dental practitioner. Please
submit letters of recommendation to ADEA CAAPID only."

Absolutely all the info you need to apply are on those two links I posted.

Good luck.

Some more basic reading for you. =D
CAAPID directory, UICs file:

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/University of Illinois at Chicago.pdf

Just read under 'Letters of Evaluation'...

"Letter of Evaluation
Program accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
Only 2 letters of recommendation are required. Preferably, one should be from a dental practitioner. Please
submit letters of recommendation to ADEA CAAPID only."

Absolutely all the info you need to apply are on those two links I posted.

Good luck.

Thanks Hope 4 .
can u please tell me how to send toefl score directly to UIC?
After login, then 1851 code has 2 instituitions, are they same? Next where is the choice we have to choose undergraduate or graduate ----then biological ----dentistry, i got lost , i read these options before but now i can't find, please help me.

Also, while payment , it shows my shipping address wheras i want to send directly on UIC address.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Very sorry, I cannot apply to UIC since I dont have the green card . But I checked the listing of supplemental application for you, I didn't find LOR in there , so I think it's not necessary for you to send them your LORs . Correct me if I am wrong.

I think so too. But that means all of us have to call them to ask about our application status individually ?
I think that is the case, for me I would send an email to ask them. However I think they will send an email if the application is incomplete; otherwise I suppose it would be complete :idea:

hi..
i attend dental conference in usa ..i have certificate ..but i am confuse..can i do mention in caapid and in which category ?
please reaply
thanks in advance

hi..
i attend dental conference in usa ..i have certificate ..but i am confuse..can i do mention in caapid and in which category ?
please reaply
thanks in advance
in Conferences presentation category

in Conferences presentation category

Conference presentation means if you personally gave a presentation there not just attending someone else's conference presentation.

hi..
please reaply
thanks in advance

It should be in the "other relevant information" category.

Which schools require official ECE report sent directly from ECE?

Members don't see this ad :)
i have the same Q about UPENN....coz i didnt applied yet

While completing my CAAPID application I am having some confusion. When adding my college's name under 'college & universities attended', my college name is not listed but the University to which my college is affiliated is listed. As I graduated from a private institute/ college which is affiliated to Meerut University( now known as Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut). So this University name is listed on CAAPID application but not the institution name. What should I select then, Meerut University or institution not listed option.
Kindly reply as soon as possible
:confused:

Hi 88 Dentist,
Just select institution not listed and your college name.that should work.

hey guys I am sending my toefl score directly thr ETS, Can please explain me where we have to mention department code for dentistry while adding recipient in ETS toefl ? I jst selected institution code while adding recipient and metioned the address of school..plz help!!

hey guys I am sending my toefl score directly thr ETS, Can please explain me where we have to mention department code for dentistry while adding recipient in ETS toefl ? I jst selected institution code while adding recipient and metioned the address of school..plz help!!
I am not sure if there is a place where you can put department code.. if you put the institution code and only one address appeared I suppose this would be it, otherwise there will be some options like undergrad or grad school, choose grad; and if there is further choices choose biological sciences then dental school..

Well i havent read the full thread..just the last page...but i must say, alot many queries are the same as they were last time...so i must say do read the 2012 thread too, and may be even before that... Devote ten min, and hopefully u guys would have many questions already there with detailed answers...good luck...and be quick to complete the applications... :D

Well i havent read the full thread..just the last page...but i must say, alot many queries are the same as they were last time...so i must say do read the 2012 thread too, and may be even before that... Devote ten min, and hopefully u guys would have many questions already there with detailed answers...good luck...and be quick to complete the applications... :D

Hello bhavi...I have been reading yr posts from last year and you have been of great help..I wanted to ask as you are in NYU, do you think there would be less applicants due to DAT this year??? And if I take DAT would it be more chances for NYU???

Well definitely you would.have more chances if you give dat... And regarding that, i dont have any official info on that, but my personal opinion is YES , the number of people applying to nyu would decrease, and there would be greater chance for the people applying.. i am saying coz the number of people whom i am guiding, or who are known to me, most of them are not giving dat...am just basing my opinion on this... Good luck :)

Hello every one
Is there any one from San Jose area or near by who applied for this 2013 cycle....

Well definitely you would.have more chances if you give dat... And regarding that, i dont have any official info on that, but my personal opinion is YES , the number of people applying to nyu would decrease, and there would be greater chance for the people applying.. i am saying coz the number of people whom i am guiding, or who are known to me, most of them are not giving dat...am just basing my opinion on this... Good luck :)

great...thank you for your reply...

UPENN mailed me application complete letter.. They said " you will be contacted, in writing, should the Admissions Committee grant you an invitation for a personal interview. We will begin to send interview invitations in early August until our interview slots reach capacity. Interviews will be conducted from the late mid-September through early December."
I suppose that is the same timing for last year..

Hello,
By what time should I submit my my score to get admission for 2013.?////Please can you guide me ??

I'll apply to UPENN and UCLA after 25th of this month due to some reasons....
can anybody plz help me that would it be so late ....
the deadline is aug 1st

appreciate any help

Yes I live in San Jose/campbell and am applying for the cycle

I'll apply to UPENN and UCLA after 25th of this month due to some reasons....
can anybody plz help me that would it be so late ....
the deadline is aug 1st

appreciate any help
I do not think it is late, I know friends who applied before the deadline in one month last year and the got an acceptance in UPENN and UCLA..

Hi all.. Can anyone help me.. Are there other colleges apart from those listed in caapid which offer programs for international students.. I know univ of Washington requires students to apply directly n not through caapid. Any other colleges that require students to apply directly??? Pls help

any news from UCSF or UCLA.. did anyone call them and are they telling anything about the application status now or they need more time ???

Hi all.. Can anyone help me.. Are there other colleges apart from those listed in caapid which offer programs for international students.. I know univ of Washington requires students to apply directly n not through caapid. Any other colleges that require students to apply directly??? Pls help
UT Houston(but have no clue about the program cz they require part 2), UT San Antonio, UMN, those the ones that I know.

any news from UCSF or UCLA.. did anyone call them and are they telling anything about the application status now or they need more time ???

I called both of them... UCLA - They asked me to call after june 24th to know my status.

UCSF - They received my supplemental and still they have to receive the receipt of fee from the other campus where we sent.

But both of them mentioned that we have to make a call to know whether our application is complete.

I emailed UCSF & UCLA
UCSF did not reply yet
UCLA sent me an application complete email.

thank you so much...is it true that from this year onwards tufts is only taking students with PR or citizenship??

I called both of them... UCLA - They asked me to call after june 24th to know my status.

UCSF - They received my supplemental and still they have to receive the receipt of fee from the other campus where we sent.

But both of them mentioned that we have to make a call to know whether our application is complete.

thanx a lot for the info.. i will call them to ask the status ..:thumbup:

yes there are, like university of minnesota and san antonio...both their deadlines are in oct..about thr rest im not soo sure

hey! i have few questions here regarding the application process...
is it mandatory to get the notarization of documents from a public notary in USA only??i saw univ of pacific accepts notarization from international public notaries. any idea if the other schools accept it as well??

how about the University at Buffalo and the Univ. of Pacific (Arthur A Dugoni school)...i mean are they good? i was a little doubtful because i did not see many people mentioning them as being in priorities for applications.

Can we upgrade our NBDE scores once we submit the CAAPID application? I plan to apply to a couple of schools right now else i ll be too late but i am taking my part 2 in 2 weeks...what do you suggest i should do? wait for part 2 results or apply to the schools which do not require part 2 mandatorily.

please help.

I emailed UCSF & UCLA
UCSF did not reply yet
UCLA sent me an application complete email.
I have a "SMT max" silent air compressor barely used for 8 hours in total duration. I'm also offering a dental turbine that fits perfectly with it along with the tubings, teflon tapes and adjustable wrench. I also have a columbia typodont and plent of teeth for practice. If interested email me at [email protected] and I might even throw in a cd showing step by step operative tooth preparations.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Can we upgrade our NBDE scores once we submit the CAAPID application? I plan to apply to a couple of schools right now else i ll be too late but i am taking my part 2 in 2 weeks...what do you suggest i should do? wait for part 2 results or apply to the schools which do not require part 2 mandatorily.

please help.[/QUOTE]
In the instructions for CAAPID you can find that they say it is possible to update the NBDE part of the application.. Check the website it has the information you need. Best of luck.

Guys! I have a question for those who applied to University of Washington. How did you answer this question (Please include a personal statement why you are interested in applying to UWIDDS)
I am not asking about answers for that question, I just need to know if you wrote long personal statement about that! I already have my own personal statement and have no idea how to write another statement regarding this question!!!

Another question! Did u fill all of the forms they have. They have like 4 forms on their website but they didn't ask to fill the class standing and the waiver form!!!

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Guys! I have a question for those who applied to University of Washington. How did you answer this question (Please include a personal statement why you are interested in applying to UWIDDS)
I am not asking about answers for that question, I just need to know if you wrote long personal statement about that! I already have my own personal statement and have no idea how to write another statement regarding this question!!!

Another question! Did u fill all of the forms they have. They have like 4 forms on their website but they didn't ask to fill the class standing and the waiver form!!!

I have not apply to University of Washington; but I had the same problem with other schools questionnaire. The answer for most of the questions would be the same as that in my personal statement. I've just tried to use the same information with some paraphrasing and adding some new story or information. It needs some extra effort and I hated that :mad:

I used same personal statement which I had used for CAAPID but changed it a little to customize it for Washington.

I did not send the class standing form as my Dental School did not have any class ranking system. But I did send the waiver form along with my application.