THE WAMC thread (what are my chances?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the possibility of getting in a school that doesnt require the PCAT.

Put it this way...

With your GPA; most of the time, your chances are much better at a school that requires PCAT than one that does not.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
any idea what is weighted more, the science/math gpa which when i last checked, was 3.4 or the overall gpa which is 2.749.

You need to find out if there are minimum GPAs at the schools you're looking at. If you fall above it, then yes, your higher science GPA will be a benefit. Won't throw out your overall, since you must have gotten some D's / C's in non-science classes. But will help generally.

Why don't you want to pursue nursing?

No I am a registered nurse right now. I do like what I do but my heart has always been in pharmacy. I just had financial problems while in school so I had to work full time and go to school. Stuff happens and I couldnt help it but that is still no excuse. Now I have a stable good income that I can hopefully pursue pharmacy as it has been a dream of mine for a long time. I know my grades arent the greatest but the situation wasnt the best for me at that time as well. I just hope a pharmacy school can see that and notice that I did go through nursing school. I have built a good relationship with most of the pharmacists here at the hospital and all have told me that they would give me letters of recommendation. One of them is the head of the pharmacy at both hospitals this company owns. I dont know how strong that is but just keeping my hope up.

Bono, you can pretty much wipe out any consideration for grades older than 10 years.
Does this mean I should retake even General Bio and English Comp, despite all the advanced undergrad courses and attending dental school?

I was in the same boat as you. You should go for it. I have a 2.8 overall GPA with a B.S. and I've received 2 interviews and an acceptance. With your experience and letters of rec, I would definitely go for it. I just got an interview invite for Cal Northstate which doesn't require the PCAT, I would try them.

with a 2.75 GPA. The reason I ask is that I attempted 3 times at a local pharmacy school and was unsuccessful. My pharmacy GPA at that time was close to a 3.4. I then changed to nursing and graduated last year with a 2.749 with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I was wondering would my degree, experience, and LOR from the Head of Pharmacy at this hospital help any. I know it is probably a long shot or not even a shot at all. I havent taken the PCAT and I plan to but just looking at the minimal schools that dont require the PCAT right now.
University of Southern Nevada
Massachusett college of pharmacy, Boston campus (they have another campus but I forgot where it is, also does not require PCAT)
University of Long Island
I think university of San Diego and Sanfran. doesn't require PCAT either

Go to pharmcas website and search for institution by state. It tells you more.

dude6756 do you mind telling me what school you got accepted to.

University of Southern Nevada
Massachusett college of pharmacy, Boston campus (they have another campus but I forgot where it is, also does not require PCAT)
University of Long Island
I think university of San Diego and Sanfran. doesn't require PCAT either

Go to pharmcas website and search for institution by state. It tells you more.

There's no such thing as University of Long Island, its called Long Island University, and they require PCAT. Not to mention, the minimum GPA they will consider for outsiders is 3.0, there really isn't a shot of getting into LIU unless you have at least a 3.2 Overall.

I think you have a good shot at Touro College of Pharmacy in NYC. Your overall GPA is a bit low, but you have a great math/science GPA. Take the PCAT in January and aim for at least a 60 Percentile score in each subject.

That should get you an interview. From that point on, admissions are based on how you did during the interview.

Do you know if some of these schools take the last grade of a repeated class or take all grades for every course. I know some schools are different than others.

Members don't see this ad :)
No I am a registered nurse right now. I do like what I do but my heart has always been in pharmacy. I just had financial problems while in school so I had to work full time and go to school. Stuff happens and I couldnt help it but that is still no excuse. Now I have a stable good income that I can hopefully pursue pharmacy as it has been a dream of mine for a long time. I know my grades arent the greatest but the situation wasnt the best for me at that time as well. I just hope a pharmacy school can see that and notice that I did go through nursing school. I have built a good relationship with most of the pharmacists here at the hospital and all have told me that they would give me letters of recommendation. One of them is the head of the pharmacy at both hospitals this company owns. I dont know how strong that is but just keeping my hope up.

Very nice. I hope you make it. Keep your head up though. I really believe you're capable of making it. Just study your ass off for that PCAT...buy books, classes, etc. Your chances of admission are much higher & brighter with schools that require the PCAT.

edit: Oh, by the way, did you inquire about reasons for rejection from the pharmacy schools you applied to? I've heard of people scheduling a meeting with pharmacy school dean(s) to discuss their rejection; and, in addition, learn how to be more competitive in the upcoming cycle. You could always go that route, since you've had experience with the pharmacy school application process...I'm sure there's plenty to discuss in that regard.

Last edited:
Deleted. I am not worried any longer.

Last edited:
Does this mean I should retake even General Bio and English Comp, despite all the advanced undergrad courses and attending dental school?

Some pharm schools do have cutoff dates so if you took a pre-req class earlier than that you will have to retake it. You should look at the policies of the schools you are thinking of applying to. I think doing so poorly in dental school is a big red flag on your app. Schools may be reluctant to admit someone who did so poorly in another professional program because it reflects that you might do poorly in pharm school. I would suggest contacting some schools and ask for suggestions of what you could do to make them still consider you.

Calorimeter, I do think your PCAT is low but people do get in with low PCAT scores. I think the rest of your app seems strong. I think you should get in somewhere. UNC would definitely be a stretch though because it's so competitive to get in there at all much less from out of state.

a. Schools you are applying to

So far I've submitted my pharmcas app to these schools:
Midwestern - Glendale
U of Colorado
UIC
Midwestern - Downers Grove
Wayne State
U of MI
U of Washington

Planning to submit to these schools on 11/11:
Touro - CA
U of Fl

I'm considering submitting to these schools within the next 2 weeks:
Chicago State
Wingate
more private schools?? (PBA, Nova, etc.)

b. Overall GPA

c. Math/Science GPA
not sure

d. GPA in last one or two school years

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite)
Oct. 07
Verbal Ability 90
Biology 78
Reading 56
Quantitative 8
Chemistry 53
Cmposite 61 :rolleyes: (adjusted Pearson score unknown)

Jan. 08
Verbal Ability 99
Bology 69
Reading 53
Qantitative 61
Chemistry 82
Cmposite 90:love: (adjusted Pearson score unknown :mad:)

f. Pharmacy experience obtained
I've been working as pharmacy tech for 9 months.

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary)
I submitted on 11/30 for schools with 12/1 deadlines. I'm staggering the rest. Hopefully my last submission will be on 12/18 (or earlier).

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs - 3
pharmacy manager
staff pharmacist
physics professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience
Yes, I worked during undergrad, and after graduation I was a regular working stiff for a bit. I was also a research intern during undergrad.

j. Self-perception of interview skills
I leave a good overall impression.

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality
I thought it was good and so did the 3 others who read it. But, none of us are adcoms.

l. Other pertinent information
Bachelors degree

I was really excited about my application this year because of my improvement on the PCAT because I know my gpa is hohum. So I was really knocked off my chair when I learned that my score had changed. So where do I stand now? Do I need to submit to more private schools?

Pharmcas calculated my GPA and everything looked alright until I went to check the coursework section. I have a whole bunch of Ws and Pharmcas threw another one in for good measure. I knew I had Ws but I had forgotten that I withdrew a complete semester. I have about 10 Ws. As for the reasons behind the Ws, family probs and illness. All except one W was during my first 2 years of college. Do I still have a good chance, or will my app get passed over?

Talk to the schools you are thinking about applying. I did that this past summer, as I had no clue where I stood. Some adcoms are real sticklers, while others will consider certain things. Some of my credits are from 1997, so I had to get my stuff evaluated. The school I'm applying to told me what classes I needed to take and that I should go ahead and apply this year before my courses get much older. She also told me they were more interested in the sciences than English, etc. (I only took one english class, had ap credit for that as well as history and haven't taken any in 10 years). The only ones who can truly answer your question are the school's themselves. The sciences aren't too bad to repeat, but if they start worrying about english....I'd probably look elsewhere.

2.62 GPA cumulative (really bad start in university). This past semester, 3.75. Last two years, around 3.4-3.5. 3 interviews this year. Got accepted to UColorado. All the other factors were very strong (8+ years experience, 91st percentile overall PCAT, hundreds of hours of volunteer work, etc).

Hey Calorimeter you are right when you say that your PCAT is a little low, however, that does not mean that you will not get in. Being a Wisconsin resident does help with your application to Wisconsin but they really really really focus on high GPA's along with a high PCAT. You will get an automatic interview just as long as you correctly filled out your application. They did only start their interviews about 3 years ago, so they still don't put that much importance on the interview but it should still help. I would definitely try to take the PCAT one more because your application for Madison doesn't get completed until late March or early April. Good luck with everything and let me know if you have any more questions.

Also are you attending Wisconsin right now or a different Wisconsin university? Good Luck!

with a 2.75 GPA. The reason I ask is that I attempted 3 times at a local pharmacy school and was unsuccessful. My pharmacy GPA at that time was close to a 3.4. I then changed to nursing and graduated last year with a 2.749 with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I was wondering would my degree, experience, and LOR from the Head of Pharmacy at this hospital help any. I know it is probably a long shot or not even a shot at all. I havent taken the PCAT and I plan to but just looking at the minimal schools that dont require the PCAT right now.

I am going to be brutally honest with you that as it stands, you don't have a very good chance at getting into a pharmacy school. That's not to say that you won't get into any pharmacy school. But, as others have pointed out... your chances aren't good.

There are two main factors going against you... why are you switching from nursing to pharmacy and your GPA trend from high --> low. The latter I think is the most serious because it shows that you may not have what it takes to complete their PharmD program. They will think, if you can't handle upper division courses, how will you be able to handle pharmacy. I think the general GPA of most PharmDs while in school hovers at about a 3.0<.

Now with that out of the way, there are some good things going for you as you have listed above in your post. It is good that you have volunteer and clinical exposure. The degree, BSN is a bonus.

What I would recommend to you is to retake the pre-requisite courses that you did bad in, add a few more volunteer hours at the pharmacy or get a pharmacy tech job (part-time... I know its a pay cut from your nursing job), and study like hell for the PCATs (although my feeling is that most schools don't take the PCAT seriously) to get a 85< (this is considered very competitve with 90+ incredible).

Then after all is said and done, I would apply broadly to many pharmacy schools. *Do your research as to what schools would give you the consideration that you deserve.

Your criteria should be schools with
- lower GPA's for their entering class
- weighs character
- not accelerated programs (generally - higher GPAs)
- weighs the PCAT more heavily (believe in yourself)
- *New schools w/o full accreditation

Here are some schools off the top of my head that you might have a shot at...
-UACP
-Sullivan
-Touro (NY)
-Shenadoah
-Wingate

Also if you are able/willing to... do 6 years... try some 0-6 programs out there. They might accept you if you start from year 1, where you have to retake all your pre-reqs at their college. Be warned that the price may be steep though. Some 0-6 programs include...

-Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
-Mass. College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
-Rutgers (NJ)
-St. Louis College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

Well back to studying for finals... good luck. If you have any questions, just PM me.

2.62 GPA cumulative (really bad start in university). This past semester, 3.75. Last two years, around 3.4-3.5. 3 interviews this year. Got accepted to UColorado. All the other factors were very strong (8+ years experience, 91st percentile overall PCAT, hundreds of hours of volunteer work, etc).

Congratz, I also had a bad start first year with a cumulative GPA of like 2.8 or so. Pretty much almost destroyed my chances into getting into professional programs. But I've brought it up to about a 3.4 cumulative.

A. applying to UToronto, Waterloo, UBC, Alberta
B. 3.4 GPA (could go up, explained below)
C. PCAT from this October
Verb 92
Bio 88
Read 93
Quan 99
Chem 96
Composite 98
Writing 2.0/3.0

D. I have no pharmacy experience
E. Clinical volunteer experience, 3 years of summer research, plus various school club activities.

I do have a special situation though. I was playing poker full time in my fourth year and failed two courses:eek:. Right now I am in the process of petitioning for those two courses not counting toward my GPA, which would bump it up to 3.6. I am not applying to american phamarcy schools this year since I wasn't really in the right mind framework.

How much will my last year hurt me? (or my rather poor PCAT writing score?)

What do you guys think of my chances of applying for american pharmacy schools next year with or without the petition?

thanks for all replies in advance.

I do have a special situation though. I was playing poker full time in my fourth year and failed two courses:eek:. Right now I am in the process of petitioning for those two courses not counting toward my GPA, which would bump it up to 3.6. I am not applying to american phamarcy schools this year since I wasn't really in the right mind framework.

Side comment:

Hahaha. While I do love poker, this has to be THE most unjustified reason for petitioning academics that I have ever seen--it will never fly.

Side comment:

Hahaha. While I do love poker, this has to be THE most unjustified reason for petitioning academics that I have ever seen--it will never fly.

well, i was told i have a decent chance... ;)

Hehe well only if you lie. "I was playing poker sir," is not going to cut it I would imagine.

well, i really don't have to lie about anything, there are just a lot of details about my petition that i will not go into here. The point of my post was not to discuss the merit of my petition, although i can understand your doubt.

UofA I think has a very high minimum GPA (3.5 or so). Waterboo requires a few extra pre-reqs and they also have extremely high requirements gradewise. Your PCATs are excellent, so I think you have a decent chance with UBC & UofT. What's really going to affect your chances are your pre-req GPA and your last year GPA. If you petition successfully, your odds are better, but I would keep the playing poker full time thing on the backburner. No program wants to know instead of school you picked poker. For US schools, choose the programs that play to your strengths (consider PCAT), and apply early. Are you considering leaving a Canadian pharmacy program to go to a US program?

I am going to be brutally honest with you that as it stands, you don't have a very good chance at getting into a pharmacy school. That's not to say that you won't get into any pharmacy school. But, as others have pointed out... your chances aren't good.

There are two main factors going against you... why are you switching from nursing to pharmacy and your GPA trend from high --> low. The latter I think is the most serious because it shows that you may not have what it takes to complete their PharmD program. They will think, if you can't handle upper division courses, how will you be able to handle pharmacy. I think the general GPA of most PharmDs while in school hovers at about a 3.0<.

Now with that out of the way, there are some good things going for you as you have listed above in your post. It is good that you have volunteer and clinical exposure. The degree, BSN is a bonus.

What I would recommend to you is to retake the pre-requisite courses that you did bad in, add a few more volunteer hours at the pharmacy or get a pharmacy tech job (part-time... I know its a pay cut from your nursing job), and study like hell for the PCATs (although my feeling is that most schools don't take the PCAT seriously) to get a 85< (this is considered very competitve with 90+ incredible).

Then after all is said and done, I would apply broadly to many pharmacy schools. *Do your research as to what schools would give you the consideration that you deserve.

Your criteria should be schools with
- lower GPA's for their entering class
- weighs character
- not accelerated programs (generally - higher GPAs)
- weighs the PCAT more heavily (believe in yourself)
- *New schools w/o full accreditation

Here are some schools off the top of my head that you might have a shot at...
-UACP
-Sullivan
-Touro (NY)
-Shenadoah
-Wingate

Also if you are able/willing to... do 6 years... try some 0-6 programs out there. They might accept you if you start from year 1, where you have to retake all your pre-reqs at their college. Be warned that the price may be steep though. Some 0-6 programs include...

-Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
-Mass. College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
-Rutgers (NJ)
-St. Louis College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.

I agree with everything here except for the 0-6 schools. I have contacted many of these programs in the past, and they all told me to be considered an 0-6 candidate I must have LESS THAN 30 credit hours of university courses. Otherwise I would be considered a transfer candidate. To really boost your chances, the PCAT is a must, and you need to do well on it. A 2.75 GPA is not competitive, but if you have 90+ on your PCAT, it shows you know the material. While your BSN degree is certainly a bonus, most applicants have an undergraduate degree already, so I don't think it will help you as much as you'd like. The schools that don't consider the PCAT consider GPA first, and that's how they interview, so your 2.75 won't make it past first cuts. Sorry to disappoint, but I speak from experience.

UofA I think has a very high minimum GPA (3.5 or so). Waterboo requires a few extra pre-reqs and they also have extremely high requirements gradewise. Your PCATs are excellent, so I think you have a decent chance with UBC & UofT. What's really going to affect your chances are your pre-req GPA and your last year GPA. If you petition successfully, your odds are better, but I would keep the playing poker full time thing on the backburner. No program wants to know instead of school you picked poker. For US schools, choose the programs that play to your strengths (consider PCAT), and apply early. Are you considering leaving a Canadian pharmacy program to go to a US program?

thanks for the reply.

my pre-req GPA are excellent, probably around 3.8-3.9 range, would that be good enough for UofA and Waterloo to reconsider?

I'll try to be as honest as i can be in my application, but of course i'm not going out of my way to bring the poker thing up.

If i do get into a Canadian program, I don't think i would transfer to a US pharmacy school. But i do think there is a decent chance i wouldn't get in this year, so i'm thinking ahead to what i want to do next year. (I'm a US PR, if that helps in my future application at all)

what kind of stakes do you usually play at? and what poker site do you play in?

what kind of stakes do you usually play at? and what poker site do you play in?

i played one of the european skins (bet365). Mainly a MTT grinder playing anything under 200. when i played cash games, i was playing omaha and omaha8.

thanks for the reply.

my pre-req GPA are excellent, probably around 3.8-3.9 range, would that be good enough for UofA and Waterloo to reconsider?

I'll try to be as honest as i can be in my application, but of course i'm not going out of my way to bring the poker thing up.

If i do get into a Canadian program, I don't think i would transfer to a US pharmacy school. But i do think there is a decent chance i wouldn't get in this year, so i'm thinking ahead to what i want to do next year. (I'm a US PR, if that helps in my future application at all)

With your pre-req GPA, you should be fine. You're selling yourself short considering your GPA and PCAT. You do realize though that in Canada it's a bachelor's degree, not a PharmD?

With your pre-req GPA, you should be fine. You're selling yourself short considering your GPA and PCAT. You do realize though that in Canada it's a bachelor's degree, not a PharmD?

yes, i do realize it. I think UofT have the PharmD program up and running in a couple of years.

I am not jumping ship on nursing at all. I like what I do but my heart has always been becoming a pharmacist. I just didnt have the opportunity at the time to get in so I needed to get a degree that would give me security. I have about 260 hours undergrad. I calculated and even if I retake 12 more classes and make an A in each class, I still wouldnt have a 3.0 GPA. That really was depressing. I can just hope that my strong LOR and experience helps me get into one of the schools without PCAT. If not, then I will start studying for the PCAT to have it ready for 2010 fall admission.

Bowler11: I am currently attending a private college in WI, but this may work with me or against me. I know that I am the only person from my school applying this year so that may help. Thanks for the advice offer though. It truely helps to finally ask someone about my stats.

Fenixtnlfan: Thanks for the honest input.

I am not jumping ship on nursing at all. I like what I do but my heart has always been becoming a pharmacist. I just didnt have the opportunity at the time to get in so I needed to get a degree that would give me security. I have about 260 hours undergrad. I calculated and even if I retake 12 more classes and make an A in each class, I still wouldnt have a 3.0 GPA. That really was depressing. I can just hope that my strong LOR and experience helps me get into one of the schools without PCAT. If not, then I will start studying for the PCAT to have it ready for 2010 fall admission.

Not taking the PCAT is a bad idea. Schools that don't require the PCAT accept applicants with much higher GPAs than schools that do require the PCAT. The general advice I've read on here is that you need a 3.7-3.8 or above to get into a non-PCAT school. Of course it's always good to do some research on your own, but I thought you should know.

Dear all,

I am new to the site and I have a very general question. All suggestions welcome...

I have a 2.7 cumulative GPA from Johns Hopkins - Bachelors in BME
I plan on taking the PCAT for the 1st time 1/24/09

Since graduation, I have been working in the Head and Neck Cancer Research Dept at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine for almost 1 year now.

I would like to apply June 2009 for matriculation in Fall 2010. What are my chances of being accepted into any pharmacy school within the states? Suggestions?

Thank you.

When you join a new forum, it is always best to look at stickies first... They usually have FAQs, WAMC (what are my chances thread), etc that can help you get started. Otherwise you just annoy mods who have to move your thread.

When you join a new forum, it is always best to look at stickies first... They usually have FAQs, WAMC (what are my chances thread), etc that can help you get started. Otherwise you just annoy mods who have to move your thread.

Yup....click here to access the WAMC thread.

And welcome to SDN:D

hi my fellow SDNer's I am really concern about my chances to pharmacy school this next cycle. I have a 4.0 prepharm gpa. However, I have a 3.48 cumulative GPA with a bachelor in Biochemistry. There was a class that I took one semester that I received a D in. I was practically never there due to family issues. I got a 79% on my pcat. I also have about 4 years of pharmacy technician experiences. What do you guys think my chances are for this upcoming cycle?

+1 for all those telling you to take the PCAT.

You will definitely need the PCAT to bring up the GPA. I'm in the same boat, and I've been preparing for the PCAT using practice books, tests, etc. One pharmacist I work with told me that with a high PCAT score you can "write your own ticket"..I'm not that optimistic, because GPA does count for a lot still, but PCAT is a good way to say "hey, I don't do well over the course of the semester..but I learn what I need to know...now let me be a pharmacist!" :D
good luck!

The general advice I've read on here is that you need a 3.7-3.8 or above to get into a non-PCAT school. Of course it's always good to do some research on your own, but I thought you should know.

"general advice," and you, would be misleading by suggesting such a number. To be honest, I'm somewhat amazed you posted this large of a fallacy. People get accepted all day long to non-pcat schools with cGPA's that are under 3.7-3.8.

Last edited:
hi my fellow SDNer's I am really concern about my chances to pharmacy school this next cycle. I have a 4.0 prepharm gpa. However, I have a 3.48 cumulative GPA with a bachelor in Biochemistry. There was a class that I took one semester that I received a D in. I was practically never there due to family issues. I got a 79% on my pcat. I also have about 4 years of pharmacy technician experiences. What do you guys think my chances are for this upcoming cycle?

If it's a D in a pre-req class, you will need to retake it as any pharmacy school will tell you a "D" in any pre-req class is not acceptable. Get that fixed and as long as you have good interviewing skills, I'd say your chances are great.

"general advice," and you, would be misleading by suggesting such a number. To be honest, I'm somewhat amazed you posted this large of a fallacy. People get accepted all day long to non-pcat schools with cGPA's that are under 3.7-3.8.

That's why I said for the guy to do their own research. Those are just stats I've seen posted on here.

Can anyone tell me my chances (so far)?
I don't have all my prereqs done and since I'm stuck overseas this sem with the parents, I can only take 15 credits and not do as much as I could have.
But if I maintain a high GPA of 3.9 (or around there ... 3.8 hopefully and no less), am from Appalachia and reside there (and went to school there and got a high cum GPA from there), parents worked there and are still working there, what do I need to get on the PCAT to get into the Univ of Appalachia? I'm not worried about maintaining the GPA as much as I'm worried about the PCAT, since there is so much material I never really learned or took so long ago ..

Also, this upcoming summer, I'm taking a bunch of classes (prereqs) and have no time to do pharm experience. I'm doing lots of pharm experience here, but I don't know if it counts or if a rec will count from here (overseas pharmacy). What do you guys think? I really hope/wishes it will since this is the only time I have where I can do *ample* pharmacy experience. I plan to get certified as a Pharmacy Tech but I won't start working as one until after my application is submitted.

What do you all think?

Thanks a lot :) :)

Hey everyone,

I have a 3.766 gpa thus far but it will go down to about a 3.58 ish after this semester because I got a C in organic and didnt get A's in a couple other classes.

I got a 74% on the PCAT

I have almost 3 years (3 years this summer) of pharmacy tech experience at both retail and hospital pharmacy.

I'm in the Honors college and am a Senator on SGA for my school.

(and I was not born in the U.S. Idk if that changes/means anything).

I am applying to Mercer, SC college of pharmacy, wingate, Univ. of Minnesota, West Virginia University, and University of Cal. San Diego.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I go to the University of Florida, and I have accumulated a crappy 2.8 overall GPA. My math and science gpa is a 3.01 if plus grades count as X.5 and 2.97 count as X.3. This worries me because some schools have the minimum set as a 3.0. My PCATs are amazing at 98th percentile. My extracurricular include being officers for two different clubs, being an RA at a residence dorm, and volunteer at the pharmacy at the school hospital. I think this year I will only apply to the University of Florida and Nova pharmacy schools. My lor are going to suck because I haven't really talked to any teachers or pharmacist and my personal statement is average at best. What do my chances look like? If I don't get into pharmacy school this year, I will take some math and science classes that I took AP exams for (Calc 1 and Physics 1). If I get As in those classes, my math and science gpa is going to be at a 3.2 at best. In the case that I don't get into pharmacy this year, what should I do next year to boost my chances of getting into pharmacy school next year? What other schools should I apply to with my stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.