The Who and Where of ICD's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WolfBrent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently working on a case study for a prospective employer and was hoping to get a few insights. I am supposed to create a survey to gauge growth opportunity in the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) market. I am trying to establish who to send the survey to, and what setting they might be in.

As far as the who is concerned I figured internists, cardiologists and electrophysiologists. It is my understanding that the first two typically are referring patients while the EPs generally do the actual implanting. Is this correct? Any other professions I might include? For example can a general practitioner make a referral for a patient to get an ICD?

As far as context goes I have hospitals, specialty clinics, and private practices as far as referrals/implants are concerned. I was thinking about adding medical device manufacturers, and maybe research institutes. Perhaps they might have a cardiologist who is very knowledgeable about ICDs but is not patient-facing. Any glaring holes here?

Any additional feedback such as new alternative technologies would also be appreciated. I would love to hear your feedback and thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

heart failure that is where your biggest growth market is. send it to heart failure transplant docs