The whole CSU vs UC (Undergraduate college)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Hi guys i found a lot of threats about CSU vs UC. Which one is better for Undergraduate University, does Dental schools cares about the undergraduate university, if i attend a CSU will decrease my chances of attend a dental schools. I personalty make some researches and i call some Dental schools counselor and ask them.

First CSU (California State University): if you attend a CSU you have 23 universities in CA low tuition, high percentage of acceptance rate expect (SDSU, CSULB, CAL POLY SAN OBISO) the ratio of students is 20:1, you will be able to get high grades if you worked hard. the test isn't on curve, you can have a good relationship with your professors and they can know you by name, you will find a lot of opportunities and leadership at CSU you will not a research position easy like a UC but you can work with your professors if you have a good relationship with them.

Second UC(University of California): 10 universities are UC's except UCSF is only for graduate, 2 UC's have dental schools high tuition than CSU, have high population on CSU, not than easy to get the same grades like CSU's the grades are on curve, and yes you will love the college experience there the difference diversity, your professor will not know you by name like CSU. you will find around you the smartest 10% of high schools students.and Better in research than CSU hundred times coz it's a research institution

AND NO DENTAL SCHOOLS DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE.
GPA
DAT
LOR
EC's
PS
are the main factors for being accepted.
i still working on a statistics about the interview and acceptance for 2014/2015
but that's the statistics until now 6 from CA have get's interview 2 are from CSU another 2 are from UC and one have attend a private college and the last one have refused to told me.

so obsessively no undergraduate isn't a factor in your admission.
yes people from UC get to dental schools more than CSU because of the number of applicants only.if 500 from UC apply for a denal school and 100 from CSU apply for the same dental school obviously more people from UC will get into dental schools prestige doesn't matter if i matter you will never find anyone from CSU have attend a dental school or even from other UC's like UC Merced or UC Riverside or UC Santa Cruz you will only find people from Ivy's league

Some schools statistics as a prove:
http://dentistry.usc.edu/programs/dds/class-profile/
http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/admissions/dentistry-dds/admissions-cycle-statistics
http://www.llu.edu/dentistry/admissions/dentistry.page? (at the end of the page it's says class 2014 to 2017 acceptance statistics. In class 2015 some one from CSU Channel Islands have attend a dental school) for how don't know CSU channel islands have been established on 2002 and he attend it on 2006 so if dental schools care about prestige it will never take him but it take him for his GPA and DAT.

Some threats can help you:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-whole-csu-vs-uc-dilemma.1088142/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/csu-vs-uc.1050055/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uc-vs-csu.967380/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-at-a-dental-school-if-i-attend-csub.1059197/

and my personal experience i attend sonoma state university (CSU) i will be a junior next fall i have a 3.82 GPA right now, i have an excellent relationship with my professors i have been in the dean list 3 times, i was planning to transfer but i changed my mind and i will stay here until i attend a dental school. i have 0000$ debt right now my professors are excellent professors, i started study for the DAT and i know most of stuff from my BIO classes. And i qualify for a scholarship this spring. I still haven't do research yet but i will start next winter with my professor Murali C.Pillai (Cell and Developmental Biology) he got a PhD from UC Davis

Keep in my mind that in CA we have 4 privates schools and 2 public dental schools so try to don't have a huge debt from undergraduate. as you might attend a private college in CA
Hope that's help anyone :)
Sorry for my bad grammar

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I make it to all the people who says go to UC, UC is better, and the next saga who will ask the same question

Hey OP, I'm rooting for you to make it to dental school and succeed!

But as far as this topic/debate goes --->:beat:

Someone already made a thread about it. I honestly thought you would hop the horse immediately. But someone else beat you @csudental to it.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-whole-csu-vs-uc-dilemma.1088142/

Making redundant posts about the same topic is also bad forums etiquette.
yes i know that someone else had make a threat with the same topic before me if you check my threat one the links that i posted is the link for the threat you mentioned the main purpose of this threat is to show there is no difference between going to CSU or UC as a lot of people ask the same question . Also the other threat he mentioned about the difference in CSU and UC in the way of teaching but here i mentioned the statistics of the dental schools and this cycle too

Last edited:
yes i know that someone else had make a threat with the same topic before me if you check my threat one the links that i posted is the link for the threat you mentioned the main purpose of this threat is to show there is no difference between going to CSU or UC as a lot of people ask the same question . Also the other threat he mentioned about the difference in CSU and UC in the way of teaching but here i mentioned the statistics of the dental schools and this cycle too
can i know why you was planning to transfer to another CSU. And why have you attend this CSU and haven't attend a UC since your freshman year

Anyone else feel like we should ask Habiba what he or she thinks about the UC/CSU debate?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else feel like we should ask Habiba what he or she thinks about the UC/CSU debate?

He's the last member of this hallowed triumverate.

EDIT: But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all the same person... They all ask the same questions and have the same grammatical style.

Reactions: 1 users
"Grammatical style." That's generous.

I really want to speak to the dude in person and see if he really talks like this. Like using "threat" instead of "thread" and "obsessively":"obviously".

Im kind of curious as to where are all these UC vs CSU threads he keeps finding.

Honestly, this is pretty entertaining. Probably a troll.

Members don't see this ad :)
First when i went to college i wasn't planning to become a dentist and my major was Biology. But at the end of my freshman year i started being interesting in becoming a dentist So i started making my own research and i found that most of people who attend UC's went to dental schools and then i ask a question on SDN and all of u was like a piece of **** so don't come now and try to judge me and please if you can delete your post from my thread .
especially you @BrazilianRider you always says yes undergraduate affect your admission
**** u :)

He's the last member of this hallowed triumverate.

EDIT: But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all the same person... They all ask the same questions and have the same grammatical style.
I really want to speak to the dude in person and see if he really talks like this. Like using "threat" instead of "thread" and "obsessively":"obviously".

Im kind of curious as to where are all these UC vs CSU threads he keeps finding.

Honestly, this is pretty entertaining. Probably a troll.

My god just pick a freaking university, do well, get some good ec's, and do well on dat. It can't be that freaking complicated. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU GO!

Reactions: 1 user
My god just pick a freaking university, do well, get some good ec's, and do well on dat. It can't be that freaking complicated. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU GO!
That's what i mentioned before undergraduate doesn't affect your admission and the main reason for this thread is for the next generation who're senior in high school or who're planning to transfer from CC

First when i went to college i wasn't planning to become a dentist and my major was Biology. But at the end of my freshman year i started being interesting in becoming a dentist So i started making my own research and i found that most of people who attend UC's went to dental schools and then i ask a question on SDN and all of u was like a piece of **** so don't come now and try to judge me and please if you can delete your post from my thread .
especially you @BrazilianRider you always says yes undergraduate affect your admission
**** u :)

Please calm down. We are here to help you.

And no one is disagreeing with you. Everybody knows undergraduate college has no effect on dental school acceptance. To be fair, you did ask the same question 7 times ... in 7 different threads. If you look back to your earlier posts, they have answered your questions. But you just kept on asking the same question over and over again, even after people gave you the answer.

Yes, I went and read your posts from Jan if your other account was @habiba or May with this account.

@BrazilianRider said it only effects you if it comes down to 2 candidates and both of have the exact same stats, ECs, LORs, PS. Otherwise it has no effects.

There are alot of useless posts in this thread, much like your posts in the **Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**
I hope you can see why I wanted relevant posts in those threads.

People can and are dicks on the internet. Lurk a little bit more and learn about our community. Most of us are nice people (don't prove me wrong fellas).
Using proper grammar will make it easier for us to help you and it's professional.

imagine if habiba and csudental went into practice together someday...

I'll let that marinate in your heads for a minute...

Reactions: 2 users
Yo that anger towards me is unjustified lol... I was the one that said no one can complain because you made your own thread as you were told.

Also this would be a good time to note that I didn't know what CSU or UC even where until yesterday. I'm talking about undergrads in general... It makes sense that if all other things are equal, schools will favor the more "rigorous"/renowned school.

I have a great way to end this whole "CSU vs UC" debate - CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICER AT THE DENTAL SCHOOLS.

Call the dental schools and ask if preference is given to students who go to UC over students who go to CSU schools.

Problem solved - JUST CALL THE DENTAL SCHOOL Admission Counselor and ASK. Then you will know your answer. Then you will know if UC students are more favored above CSU students.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. Some people just don't want to be helped. G/L OP