The writing process and darn references

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HenrikFuture

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently doing my masters paper, which hopefully will become an article in my country, Denmark.

At this point i am extremely frustrated by having gathered alot of information from having read quite alot of articles, but the fear of writing it down due to not remembering exactly whom i can reference said "knowledge" to.

I feel like letting my creative juices go and writing down research, but i am reaching quite the roadblock because i am constantly thinking "should i reference that".

So i have currently got 2 plans.

1. I start to write down what i know is the case about treating the disease i am writing of, later on i will think of references. Maybe try to sweep my favored articles for statements that back what i say.

2. I read my articles through and highlight what i think i should base my statements on, and so i start with having my references, and then i write down an article from this.

I feel that 1. will be the more fluent, and interesting article, it would contain my heartblood so to speak, about the subject i am writing about, i am afraid however it will be hard to produce the references i need.

I feel that 2. will be easily documented and backed up by articles, it will however be built in a more awkward and potentially more boring nature when read.

Any input on how to write articles ?

My problem is i just dont feel at ease in this process of constantly thinking REFERENCES

Members don't see this ad.