Thermodynamics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triumphbr

Yeah I'm accepted.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
uhg.. This stuff is frying my brain and I cannot find anything that is putting it into perspective.

:scared: <--- me

I get it.. then I don't get it. Just about the time I think AHA! it slips out of my grasp. lol :smuggrin:

weird part is kinetics makes perfect sense... anyway.

know of good site/resource on chemical thermodynamics on a basic chem level?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I agree. Thermo is very abstract.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks maybe that will un-frazzle my poor little brain.

Wait until you get to quantum mechanics in physical chemistry... :(
Hopefully your undergrad degree won't ask you to take this. My biochem degree requires pchem 1, which is entirely about thermodynamics and I did enjoyed it to some degree. But the pchem 2 just annoys me so so much as you don't really know what on earth is going on!!!

Hopefully your undergrad degree won't ask you to take this. My biochem degree requires pchem 1, which is entirely about thermodynamics and I did enjoyed it to some degree. But the pchem 2 just annoys me so so much as you don't really know what on earth is going on!!!

It breaks my heart to hear someone say they don't like quantum.

i know what you mean... i managed a B with lots of hard work. luckily my professor offered to write me a letter of rec, so hard work does pay off.

It breaks my heart to hear someone say they don't like quantum.

I am so sorry to upset you ... I didn't mean to indeed. I am having a very high A average in that pchem 2 class right now and the professor is extremely nice and knowledgable. However, I did not enjoy it at all like I did with pchem 1. Maybe it's just me and my brain that reject the subject. We are doing spectroscopy now and I think it's getting better compared to the initial wavefunctions sections. I just hope there 's not gonna be any quantums in pharmschool as I can force myself to study for it, but truthfully, I don't enjoy it...Again, I am sorry to make you unhappy :)

uhg.. This stuff is frying my brain and I cannot find anything that is putting it into perspective.

:scared: <--- me

I agree that thermodynamics is very rough.

Have you considered getting a tutor? Sometimes it helps to have someone who is an expert in the subject explain it to you throughly. I am a chemistry tutor, and I have seen students make huge stride in pchem 1 & 2.

If you can get kinetics you should be able to get thermodynamics. Therefore, my advice to you as a tutor, is to learn and understand the laws of thermodynamics. Also Learn and understand your equations and every entity involved in your equation. And finally do not over think the questions.