These are my Confessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've eaten more girl scout cookies than any other food group combined for the past 2 days...
there is nothing wrong with this ;)

i havent had GS cookies in...many years. at least 4 now, maybe more. gosh!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. I eat way too much junk food. (Seriously, I am trying and failing to get this under control)
2. I rarely drink alcohol. I don't dislike it, there's actually a fair amount of drinks I like. I just don't deem it important enough to spend money on.
3. I'm fairly anime obsessed. I'd estimate at least half of what I watch is in Japanese with subtitles, if not more. There just isn't a lot of American/Canadian TV that appeals to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you really dig through my FB page, you can find where I have changed the words to that song and made it related to vet med, because I was bored and procrastinating.

Such a tease for those of us without the honor of access to your fb! I love parody songs (and writing them).

Ha! For me, it's the one that goes"let's get down to business...to defeat the HUNS!"

...of course when I at work, ready to get business done lol :cat:

I have an insane crush on Alton Brown.

He's cute in a nerdy sort of way. Gordon Ramsay, though. He is a beautiful man.
F☆☆☆ yeah. He's also yummy. I'm kinda obsessed with a lot of male celebrity chefs.

So spring semester of my sophomore year of college, I and my three roommates all had an 8 am final on the third day of finals so we carpooled together. We drove to the final around 7:30 am blasting as loud as the speakers would go... To what else other than "I'll make a man out of you." The looks we got were priceless and we all did really well on our finals that morning.

Diet Dr Pepper, Pepsi Max, and Diet Coke are my caffeine sources of choice- I'm not sure why I don't like regular sodas, but who knows.

My basset hound rules my life.

Reactions: 1 users
I also much prefer diet soda to regular soda. :)

I used to as well, but then I got to Australia and it was like metallic-y and gross, so I switched. Came back to the US and just couldn't switch back... so yay for excess sugar now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Coke and/or Dr. Pepper lovers - if you have not yet tried the two combined (roughly half n half, but any amount works), then do so now. Although... you'll truly be hardpressed to get over your addiction then, so maybe don't... :p

I used to as well, but then I got to Australia and it was like metallic-y and gross, so I switched. Came back to the US and just couldn't switch back... so yay for excess sugar now.
Whaaaaat? I was born and raised in Australia and our diet drinks taste way better than the American ones.

Whaaaaat? I was born and raised in Australia and our diet drinks taste way better than the American ones.

It's to be expected, like neophobia of the taste buds. Whatever you grow up with is the norm and then you try something else and it's likely to be icky. Acclimating is possible though.

That was really the only thing that tasted bad to me there though. Looooved the meat/veggie pies. And TimTams... Omg timtams.

It's to be expected, like neophobia of the taste buds. Whatever you grow up with is the norm and then you try something else and it's likely to be icky. Acclimating is possible though.

That was really the only thing that tasted bad to me there though. Looooved the meat/veggie pies. And TimTams... Omg timtams.
Did you try Vegemite? Because... don't...

TimTams consisted of about 67% of my caloric intake while studying abroad in Australia :D Oh happy days...

Reactions: 2 users

TimTams consisted of about 67% of my caloric intake while studying abroad in Australia :D Oh happy days...

I took the tiniest smidge on a corner of toast with butter. I'd previously learned about marmite in England as a child, so I wasn't blind sighted about it. So yes, there were two things I didn't like consuming in Aussieland.

Cordial was wonderful though. A much lighter taste than British squash drinks like Ribena and whatnot. I should probably warn the people on the UK thread about some of this... Although it's a priceless moment to see someone swallow undiluted squash or blackcurrant drinks XD

I've never been out of the country :( hell, I've never been away from the east coast

I hadn't either until about a year ago. Make this an excuse to go somewhere fun this summer! :)

Can't wait to eat my weight in Aussie snacks this summer. TimTams are sooo good.

Confession thread > clin path lecture

Reactions: 2 users
I may need to buy TimTams. I keeep hearing about them, but then I see them in the stores and they don't look amazing. Maybe they taste better than they look...

I always have a jar of Vegemite in the cupboard. Can't stand Marmite but Vegemite is so delicious.
You can order Tim Tams while you're in the States! There' s a store in San Jose that specializes in Australian yummyness. I brought about 20kg of chocolate back with me when I went home for Christmas this year. There were several packets of Tim Tams among my spoils :)

I may need to buy TimTams. I keeep hearing about them, but then I see them in the stores and they don't look amazing. Maybe they taste better than they look...
The trick is to bite the top and bottom off and drink your coffee through them. SO GOOD. I really loved the Turkish Delight ones, but they don't sell them anymore.

I have had only about 12 ounces of any type of soda for the last 10 years. I binge watched all 6 Star Wars all in a row starting at 6 pm. I drank a case and a half of diet pepsi to do it. Since, I had a soda at a movie theater after going hypoglycemic while watching Brave. Otherwise, soda free. My family has saved a lot of money over the years because of this. lol.

perfect timing on the Tim Tam talk. I'm a member of a rewards site and they sent me a free package to try because they are going to start being more available in the US. I'm about to try my first one (never really ate them despite living overseas).

Kind of reminds me of a butterfinger without the peanut butter taste. Similar consistency though

I have an insane crush on Alton Brown.

1. Hubby has a man crush on Alton Brown. Also, he cooks better than I do.

2. I may have a problem with Cadbury chocolate creme eggs....

The only soda I drink is orange soda. I also don't eat anything like normal people do (I get my chicken parmesan sans the parmesan :p)

The only soda I drink is orange soda. I also don't eat anything like normal people do (I get my chicken parmesan sans the parmesan :p)

I eat almost everything with a fork... Pizza, sandwiches, chicken nuggets, wraps. So I get the eating things in strange ways!

One of the profs at my undergrad studies the neurotoxic effects of artificial sugars. Give me real sugar any day! I also gave up soda 3 years ago. I don't miss it at all. I only drink it if there really isn't a better alternative (which sometimes happens when traveling in central America.)

I love coke if I need a caffeine boost (I'm not big on coffee and I'm trying to learn to like tea) but for the most part I stick to water.

I have a cilantro issue. As in I put it in as many dishes I possibly can. No apologies, just put in more cilantro

1) I almost always eat on my bed because it's the only surface in my room that isn't covered in junk
2)I had 2 large slices of barbecue chicken pizza, 5 barbecue wings, and a handful of fries for dinner last night. I don't know how I didn't get barbecue sauce everywhere.
20150301_180131.jpg

1) I almost always eat on my bed because it's the only surface in my room that isn't covered in junk
2)I had 2 large slices of barbecue chicken pizza, 5 barbecue wings, and a handful of fries for dinner last night. I don't know how I didn't get barbecue sauce everywhere.
View attachment 189815

I love friends who eat. :smuggrin:

Another confession.

During undergrad on one or two occasions, I came back to my dorm to nap between classes and was so tired (or so lazy) that I went to bed and did not remove my shoes. Kinda gross... but highly convenient when you wake up five minutes before class.

My boyfriend and I have our own language. It's a mix of animal sounds, gestures, and misplaced words. Somehow, our families still accepts us.

Definitely. I want to go pet big cats in Africa :cat:
bad idea.... wild animals + wildzoo = wild death.

When I went to S. Africa and went out with a ranger he mentioned one (of many) stories of a honeymooning couple (from Japan in this case) that decided to pose in front of some sleeping lions, while they had their picture taken. There are some now really good pics of a couple being mauled to death.
(lions are the mass-murderers of the savannah. They kill frequently just because they can, not for food).

No petting please (until they are completely sedated at least).

bad idea.... wild animals + wildzoo = wild death.

When I went to S. Africa and went out with a ranger he mentioned one (of many) stories of a honeymooning couple (from Japan in this case) that decided to pose in front of some sleeping lions, while they had their picture taken. There are some now really good pics of a couple being mauled to death.
(lions are the mass-murderers of the savannah. They kill frequently just because they can, not for food).

No petting please (until they are completely sedated at least).
I'm not dumb SOV, I meant while they are sedated :p