These are my Confessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a 17yo son, and yes he's a die hard Eagles fan and plays football. We only live 45min outside of the city, so I'm going to commute 1st year so he can finish his senior year at his current school, then he will be off to college too. Which is weird, but it works out well. He's actually considering applying to Drexel. I told him we could be college roommates. He didn't think that was funny.
I wouldn't either if I were him, but I do think it is hilarious.

I am not sure I can like you anymore though. Eagles. :p

Interesting to see what a vet-t0-be son's opinion of Michael Vick was.

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting to see what a vet-t0-be son's opinion of Michael Vick was.
We were a house divided on that issue. My dad felt that Vick "paid his dues" while I would still like to see him drawn and quartered while having his innards pecked out by a crow. My son took my dad's side at first, but then when he realized how much he sucked, and when I gave him details of some of the things he did to dogs, he decided he didn't like him either, though he doesn't wish slow and painful death on him like I do.

Reactions: 1 user
I confess that the summer the Half-Blood Prince came out my family (and I) were going to be on vacation in middle-of-nowhere northern Minnesota. So weeks before we went up I called the tiny little bookstore of the town closest to where we were staying and 1) confirmed they would be getting copies of the book and 2) reserved a copy. They were very surprised that anyone would reserve a copy and didn't really know how to handle my request but were very nice about it.

When the day came I forced my parents to get up and drive me to the bookstore so I'd be there when it opened (at 8am), went in and collected my book (had a post-it note with my name on it :) ) and then spent a ridiculous amount of time on that vacation holed up reading it.

To be fair though, my sister was hounding me to finish it faster so she could get her chance at it :D

Good times.

Members don't see this ad :)
The week that Deathly Hollows came out, I started reading the series for the first time. All seven books in seven days. I stayed up until three in the morning to finish on a Saturday night.

Reactions: 4 users
1. I have watched The Office and Arrested Development in their entirety an unacceptable amount of times. Just recently finished re-watching all of The Office, again, and am planning on starting it again after I re-watch all of 30 Rock. Dog bless netflix, man.
2. I 'effin ADORE my pet hissing cockroaches and I don't give a damn that everyone thinks that they are disgusting.
3. While my dog sleeps, I pick out his dried nose-boogers ever so gently with a pair of tissue forceps. He has not yet once woken up in the process.
4. I drink up to 10 cups of tea a day and then never want to go out because I'm afraid I'll have to pee and will be stuck in transit :( The struggle is (mostly) real.
5. I like things when they are in fives.

Reactions: 1 users
I also have a habit of binge-reading, and if I find a book I like, I honestly can't put it down until it's finished, whether that takes 2 hours or 15. I've lost quite a bit of sleep in order to feed my reading habits...

I'm slightly obsessed with Disney movies, and have no qualms about watching the animated films by myself. I also have this tradition of listening to Disney Pandora before exams, which once became embarrassingly known when I accidentally yanked my headphones out of the computer jack in a study room. :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
I'm slightly obsessed with Disney movies, and have no qualms about watching the animated films by myself. I also have this tradition of listening to Disney Pandora before exams, which once became embarrassingly known when I accidentally yanked my headphones out of the computer jack in a study room. :oops:

No shame. A couple of labmates and I had Disney Pandora playing in the lab toward the end of last semester. :D

Sometimes when I'm angry I'll start ranting to my dog (80lbs of giant fur) and he starts grumbling (low barking, play growls) and then I'll tell him to stop back talking / using that tone and he'll start flat out barking at me until I go throw one of his stuffed animals.

It cracks me up. Annoys my whole family.

I love show tunes. I could probably recite phantom of the opera from beginning to end.

I love show tunes. I could probably recite phantom of the opera from beginning to end.

Mmm. Yes. Phantom is wonderful. After the first time I saw it I was past the point of no return... :D

This thread is way too cool
I can live off cheese, especially brie It's a dangerous addiction.
I love smelling everything. My favorite smells are citrus, fresh cut grass, mint, eucalyptus and anything that smells like herbs.
I eat lemons/limes like they are chocolate.
I am afraid of the dark.
I have watched every single Seinfeld episode way too many times.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I went to the midnight party at the bookstore to get the Deathly Hallows book, wearing a cape and carrying a home-made wand (minus a core because I'm not that talented). When I got home I immediately sat down to read it and didn't stop until I was done the next morning. And then I was sad for a couple days because it... was... over........ :(
I think vetties are way cooler than med students.

I'd be okay if they burned this whole site to the ground except for Pre-vet and the Lounge.

I frequently misread pre-vet as pervert.

That's all I've got.
2. I always have to double check my spelling when I write prevet.
1. I'm a metalhead but yes I will sing Maroon 5 in my car. It upsets me that people judge me for my music. I don't worship the devil.
2. I've seen(been through?) so much crap in my early life I think I developed an emotional disorder (is that a thing?).
3. Apparently swin and I are the same person (except Tegan and Sara instead of Maroon 5).
One time I thought I was alone at a stoplight at night, and I was singing along very enthusiastically. Then I noticed the car that had pulled up next to me, and the driver who was motioning to me to cut it out. What an dingus, interrupting my personal concert. :laugh:

Ok, so I really want to have a Harry Potter themed party even though I'm a 28 year old "adult." I was going to have one if I got into vet school, which I did, but I haven't had my HP party yet :( y'all are inspiring me to go through with my plans.

Reactions: 5 users
Ok, so I really want to have a Harry Potter themed party even though I'm a 28 year old "adult." I was going to have one if I got into vet school, which I did, but I haven't had my HP party yet :( y'all are inspiring me to go through with my plans.

Do it.

I still need to try alcoholic butter beer. Both times I've made it to a HP themed party, I've been very pregnant and not drinking.... :(

1. I went to the midnight party at the bookstore to get the Deathly Hallows book, wearing a cape and carrying a home-made wand (minus a core because I'm not that talented). When I got home I immediately sat down to read it and didn't stop until I was done the next morning. And then I was sad for a couple days because it... was... over........ :(

2. I always have to double check my spelling when I write prevet.

3. Apparently swin and I are the same person (except Tegan and Sara instead of Maroon 5).
One time I thought I was alone at a stoplight at night, and I was singing along very enthusiastically. Then I noticed the car that had pulled up next to me, and the driver who was motioning to me to cut it out. What an dingus, interrupting my personal concert. :laugh:

Please. Let's be bffs.

My future vet school roomie(s?) better be nerds. Or allow it in the house. I just dropped some serious dough on movie/comic/video game art and collectible stuff. Geez. Who allowed me to be an adult?

Reactions: 3 users
1. I have watched The Office and Arrested Development in their entirety an unacceptable amount of times. Just recently finished re-watching all of The Office, again, and am planning on starting it again after I re-watch all of 30 Rock. Dog bless netflix, man.
2. I 'effin ADORE my pet hissing cockroaches and I don't give a damn that everyone thinks that they are disgusting.
3. While my dog sleeps, I pick out his dried nose-boogers ever so gently with a pair of tissue forceps. He has not yet once woken up in the process.
4. I drink up to 10 cups of tea a day and then never want to go out because I'm afraid I'll have to pee and will be stuck in transit :( The struggle is (mostly) real.
5. I like things when they are in fives.

:love: Hissing cockroaches.

Do it!!! :D

There are so many options for a HP-themed vet school acceptance party. Showcase your owl-delivered vet school acceptance letter that look like the Hogwarts letters, complete with Professor McGonagall's signature. Fake textbooks on display: Care of Magical Creatures, Dragon Medicine (written by @DVMDream of course), Defense Against Diseases, Herbology, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... And that's just decorations. Snack options: dragon treats (bone-shaped dog-treat-looking cookies), rainbow-colored unicorn kibble (skittles)... And then all the regular HP stuff like butterbeer, costumes, wands...

Reactions: 2 users

My first thought upon reading this: ooooh can I come as a potter-puppet pal?? :heckyeah:

There are so many options for a HP-themed vet school acceptance party. Showcase your owl-delivered vet school acceptance letter that look like the Hogwarts letters, complete with Professor McGonagall's signature. Fake textbooks on display: Care of Magical Creatures, Dragon Medicine (written by @DVMDream of course), Defense Against Diseases, Herbology, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... And that's just decorations. Snack options: dragon treats (bone-shaped dog-treat-looking cookies), rainbow-colored unicorn kibble (skittles)... And then all the regular HP stuff like butterbeer, costumes, wands...
OMG, what a nerd party.. .

<thinks to self...>

actually I think I would come just to laugh at everyone there.

omg I love you for this. So many good ideas!! :hardy:

Phantom :love:

I listen to the Les Mis soundtrack all the time. Any time I do something stupid (and my best friend is around because she's the only one who gets it): "What have I done? Sweet Jesus, what have I done??"
We saw a red car on the highway yesterday and had this back and forth:
"It's like the blood of angry men."
"A world about to dawn."
"The color of desire."
It was great :laugh:

1. Butterbeer is amazing
2. For whatever reason, I love raking. I just spent 3 hours outside raking up leaves, dried grass, etc. My arms are killing me, the wind makes it almost as though I'd done nothing, but I still loved it... somethings wrong with me.