these dat trends make me feel like **** LOL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...I'm applying this cycle with a mere 3.2 sgpa and 3.3 gpa, and with that gpa i knew that I had to score very well on DAT, but I got an ok score of 21AA, 21TS 21PAT and 19 RC.. I have approximately 100 hours in a dental office, and I am getting deflated every time I check this part of the forum. Are the DAt scores really getting this much better and better that this many people are getting 99th percentile? every single one of these threads seem to be about how they got 26 29, etc. I was happy with my score originally but I feel like I'm about to get rejected from every single school even though I apply early, because the competition seems to be out of my league right now. I feel this way because of my low gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DUDE who cares what scores these SDN'ers got... Average acceptance is around 20...

I got 19aa 19ts with 17reading and still ended up with 6 pre-dec and 2 post-dec interviews(did not attend). Accepted at 3 schools on dec 2nd.

I do think that scores are getting more and more competitive each year, but SDN does also attract extremely motivated individuals. The scores here are not representative of the entire applicant pool. Also, not everyone on SDN who scores in the ~20ish range posts a breakdown.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores are more than good enough to get accepted! You have to realize more than 4000 students are accepted to dental school each cycle. How many people do you really think scored a 25+? 100, 200, 500 at the ABSOLUTE MOST! Even assuming all of those people get in, there are plenty of spots open left for people with all different DAT scores (BTW your scores are not bad at all - they are actually very good). I know it's tough, but try not to stress yourself out and realize you have a very good shot of getting accepted when it comes time for you to apply.

lol me too! I haven't taken the DAT yet, but will do soon. the 26s,30s are so freaking me out at first. I kept wondering "what are my chances then" :D Well, later on I just see them as encouragements. It's more like a goal to work hard for :) Don't be overwhelmed. I think your DAT score is great. I'm sure you'll do fine. Show them your confident smile ;)

Your scores are more than good enough to get accepted! You have to realize more than 4000 students are accepted to dental school each cycle. How many people do you really think scored a 25+? 100, 200, 500 at the ABSOLUTE MOST!

According to the guide that Faux posted, in 2009, only .3% of test takers scored a 25+. That means that about 42 people did, unless my math is wrong. :) I bet that this number hasn't changed too much in recent years. I'd say 100 at the very maximum.

According to the guide that Faux posted, in 2009, only .3% of test takers scored a 25+. That means that about 42 people did, unless my math is wrong. :) I bet that this number hasn't changed too much in recent years. I'd say 100 at the very maximum.

I was just guessing, I had absolutely no idea. I think this only makes my case stronger.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just guessing, I had absolutely no idea. I think this only makes my case stronger.

Oh, my point definitely wasn't to tell you that you were wrong! I just was curious about the actual number, so I tried to figure it up. :) I definitely agree with what you said!

Reactions: 1 user
A bit old but still a decent guide

http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_users_manual.pdf

Just scroll all the way down and look at the numbers. You did great.

Why did they get rid of percentages on the exam sheet anyway? Gives people a better feel for how they did.
The percentages were giving people false indicators of how well they did. What is important is the scaled score, that's how you can compare how well you did to everyone else who took different editions of the DAT. Schools don't receive percentiles either.

3.36 overall 3.48 BCP and 18AA dat and I received 7 interview and was accepted to my top school on dec 2nd. From my own experience I have only met one person who had 21AA. I know about 7 people who had 18-20 and was accepted. I met someone at an interview who got 17ts and was accepted into 2 schools. This website doesn't represent ithe people that you meet at interviews. The dat is hard, the people who get 20+ on every section they are STUDS.

Your scores are Solid. You got a decent GPA. You should not have a problem.

3.36 overall 3.48 BCP and 18AA dat and I received 7 interview and was accepted to my top school on dec 2nd. From my own experience I have only met one person who had 21AA. I know about 7 people who had 18-20 and was accepted. I met someone at an interview who got 17ts and was accepted into 2 schools. This website doesn't represent ithe people that you meet at interviews. The dat is hard, the people who get 20+ on every section they are STUDS.

I too have a 18AA. Which 7 schools did you get interviews for?