About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things I Learn From My Patients

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by docB, May 2, 2003.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Cytarabine

Cytarabine

Medical Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I did this in high school. My friend's dad cut the ring off with a small bolt cutter. Good times
  2. SaveTheDaleks

SaveTheDaleks

Non-Student
    Hey, not all compound lovers are idiots. I've got itty bitty T Rex arms. I can't get a strong enough draw to deer hunt without a compound bow.

However, I routinely throw people off the range for extreme modifications which are 99.99999% of the time stupid and dangerous. If the T Rex girl can bring down a deer and four coyotes in a day with a stock compound and outdated fiberglass arrows, you need to work on your skills not on the biggest and baddest toys you can find.

I did threaten the pompous jerk if he kept trying to use dangerous modification crap, I was taking my unmodified baby and aiming towards the brain that shouldn't be used. Granted, I doubt there was much, if any target there, but at 6 feet, I won't miss.

Seeing more recurves thanks to Hunger Games.
  3. MikeWilliamson

MikeWilliamson

Non-Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Today I learned that if you're drunk, but the bar is only a couple of miles from home, you should turn left onto a major thoroughfare, and leave your lights off for discretion (at 8:45 PM). Ignore the three vehicles flashing headlights and flashlights at you. When you run over the concrete median four blocks later, throw sparks all over and lose a tire, you should swerve over it, across two lanes, into a professional building parking lot. Ignore the guy with the cell phone following you. Get back on the road, drive another mile, turn into the Lowe's parking lot, go around the Lowe's, back onto another major street, into your apartment complex, park in your space and pass out.

When the police arrive, you should insist you were not drinking, have no idea how the tire failed, or what caused all the damage to your car. (Actually, it's entirely possible he doesn't remember.)

Bonus points if your wife comes out and wails, "But he can't go to jail again!"

No injuries, luckily. Just damage, hilarity and alcohol poisoning.
  4. SaveTheDaleks

SaveTheDaleks

Non-Student
    Mike - the picture has made the archery rounds. Basic is amateur holding bow, sales clerk fitted too short of arrow, shish kabob hand.

So, idiot with too much money wanting the baddest toy, untrained sales clerk, unknown bow, likely unknown draw, too short arrow.

http://www.texasarchery.org/images/Overdraw/dangers.htm
  5. MikeWilliamson

MikeWilliamson

Non-Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks. Good to know.
  6. Aoirann

Aoirann

Pre-Psychology
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Turns out that the 80 year old former Marine with Alzheimer can kick the ass of the Orderly who is only six months out of the Marines.
    /Second Hand story.
  7. mabindaby

mabindaby Still Alive

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It's fine and dandy if you enjoy some fisting now and then but don't have your partner do it so often your rectum is permanently dilated to the size of a fist. You will lose muscle tone to the point where you can only crap by a manual disimpaction.