Things you want to do before medical school starts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For many of us, we start medical school in less than a year. I have heard from dozens of physicians that I should make sure to have as much fun as possible this last year before school starts.

I am curious what everyone in the same position is planning on doing before school starts.

I am planning on traveling to Europe, going to a 3-day music festival, road trip across the USA, etc.

I think you got it right! have fun before you start

Members don't see this ad.

1. Travel to Bali Indonesia and Sydney Aus March 2016
2. South America in 2017
3. Get married in 2018 (recently engaged)
4. Europe in 2018 as honeymoon (hit 5 continents before I start)
5. Save money

Not that I'm accepted yet, but I'm working my ass off so hopefully I can matriculate in 2018.. Travel plans and wedding seem counterproductive to saving money, but I'm traveling on a budget and saving major money on a wedding since we own a barn that is easily changed into a reception venue.
As well my fiancé and I both make pretty good money at this point so we are squirreling everything away that we can ;)

I'm working on convincing my mom to take a family trip to the Galapagos Islands this spring/summer. I'm starting to think it might actually happen. Or at least, we'll go on some international trip.
I really really want to scuba dive in the Galapagos and meet one of these:
View attachment 198037

Also, I'll be leaving Cleveland forever, I'll probably never come back to this godforsaken city. So I want to take a last opportunity to do things around here, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and stuff.

whaleshark_diver1-625x309-jpg.198037

WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?!?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
whaleshark_diver1-625x309-jpg.198037

WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?!?

I actually have no idea lol. But I showed my mom that picture and she decided that we are absolutely not going to the galápagos islands hahaha

>_<

In before this thread devolves into:
1) People making snide remarks about how they wish they were "rich enough" to travel
2) Arguments about pre-studying

Though I've already seen hints of both.

Since my other option is to get a crappy job and struggle to stay afloat until medical school, I plan to sublease my apartment, buy an RV, and travel back down through Mexico to Guatemala.

Also want to read more, work on the Spanish, and learn to make pho.

Anyone have any good pho recipes?

Be the slut I could not have afforded to do time-wise in undergrad lol

Reactions: 2 users
I'm working on convincing my mom to take a family trip to the Galapagos Islands this spring/summer. I'm starting to think it might actually happen. Or at least, we'll go on some international trip.
I really really want to scuba dive in the Galapagos and meet one of these:
View attachment 198037

Also, I'll be leaving Cleveland forever, I'll probably never come back to this godforsaken city. So I want to take a last opportunity to do things around here, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and stuff.

while galapagos would be cooler you can actually scuba with these at the aquarium in atlanta (i think like 300?).

I want to play every version of pokemon that exists and catch every single pokemon in each one of them.

How has nobody mentioned this yet?

I want to play every version of pokemon that exists and catch every single pokemon in each one of them.

I'm doing this on my plane trips for when I travel.

Most of the things listed would take weeks or months... not years.