Think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Every person is born to a different set of circumstances and is subjected to different experiences throughout life. The culmination of these events contributes to a person’s position in the world. However, these events, many of which are out of one’s control, are not the only contributors to one’s position. A person’s ability to think has the potential to be the greatest contributor to their position in the world.

I am hungry therefore I eat. Existence can become a series of “I am X therefore I Y” for those who do not think. These are the people whose position is a result of a set of uncontrollable circumstances. Although many achieve great worldly gains in this manner, it is meaningless when one does not think.

Members don't see this ad.

So I take it you're a fan of continental philosophy.

Members don't see this ad :)
OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..................

Every person is born to a different set of circumstances and is subjected to different experiences throughout life. The culmination of these events contributes to a person’s position in the world. However, these events, many of which are out of one’s control, are not the only contributors to one’s position. A person’s ability to think has the potential to be the greatest contributor to their position in the world.

I am hungry therefore I eat. Existence can become a series of “I am X therefore I Y” for those who do not think. These are the people whose position is a result of a set of uncontrollable circumstances. Although many achieve great worldly gains in this manner, it is meaningless when one does not think.

Reactions: 2 users
OP: "Every person is born to a different set of circumstances and is subjected to different experiences throughout life. The culmination of these events contributes to a person’s position in the world. However, these events, many of which are out of one’s control, are not the only contributors to one’s position. A person’s ability to think has the potential to be the greatest contributor to their position in the world.

I am hungry therefore I eat. Existence can become a series of “I am X therefore I Y” for those who do not think. These are the people whose position is a result of a set of uncontrollable circumstances. Although many achieve great worldly gains in this manner, it is meaningless when one does not think."

Guy: "Um...okay? I just wanted the quarter pounder with cheese."

Reactions: 1 users
OP: "Every person is born to a different set of circumstances and is subjected to different experiences throughout life. The culmination of these events contributes to a person’s position in the world. However, these events, many of which are out of one’s control, are not the only contributors to one’s position. A person’s ability to think has the potential to be the greatest contributor to their position in the world.

I am hungry therefore I eat. Existence can become a series of “I am X therefore I Y” for those who do not think. These are the people whose position is a result of a set of uncontrollable circumstances. Although many achieve great worldly gains in this manner, it is meaningless when one does not think."

Guy: "Um...okay? I just wanted the quarter pounder with cheese."
Is this an attempt to make a crack with the stereotype of the philosophy major turned fastfood worker?

As a philosophy major pre-med, I iz offendz//sarcasm// because my burger joint philosophizing would be a lot better than this.

Is this an attempt to make a crack with the stereotype of the philosophy major turned fastfood worker?

As a philosophy major pre-med, I iz offendz//sarcasm// because my burger joint philosophizing would be a lot better than this.
Lol, I actually know a 2nd year med student who majored in philosophy.

But why have the night bloggers moved into sdn?

:whoa:

Reactions: 1 user
I'm completely lost in biochem and no one wanna help me. Therefore, im SOOOO screwed.

I gave up therefore I'm on sdn.

Im bored therefore I replied

#IAMSOPHILOSOPHICAL

Reactions: 1 user

Ac proinde hæc cognitio, ego cogito, ergo sum, est omnium prima & certissima, quæ cuilibet ordine philosophanti occurrat. :nod:

I'm completely lost in biochem and no one wanna help me. Therefore, im SOOOO screwed.

I gave up therefore I'm on sdn.

Im bored therefore I replied

#IAMSOPHILOSOPHICAL

pm me if you need help, I can help you

Also please feel free to add this somewhere in your personal statement if you just need some filler

OP likes to be profound.

Says some poetic, insightful whatever, then leaves the room. Do you do it to impress chicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.