This is urgent!!! I need some opinions, just took the dats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigboyzila

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
NEED ADVICE ASAP!!! PLEASE HELP, I just took the DAts
Hey guys, I just took the DAT's today, here are my scores. PLease tell me what you think and what your opinion is on me applying.
PAT21
QR18
RC17- this screwd me
BIO- 18
Gchem- 18
Ochem- 20
AA 18
Total Science- 19

My overall GPA is 3.63
My Science is 3.1
Please give your advice on what you think i should do. THANKS!!
user_offline.gif
NEED ADVICE ASAP!!! PLEASE HELP, I just took the DAts
Hey guys, I just took the DAT's today, here are my scores. PLease tell me what you think and what your opinion is on me applying.
PAT21
QR18
RC17- this screwd me
BIO- 18
Gchem- 18
Ochem- 20
AA 18
Total Science- 19

My overall GPA is 3.63
My Science is 3.1
user_offline.gif
PAT21
QR18
RC17- this screwd me
BIO- 18
Gchem- 18
Ochem- 20
AA 18
Total Science- 19

My overall GPA is 3.63
My Science is 3.1

Members don't see this ad.

An AA of 18 and a TS of 19 combined w/ a sGPA probably won't cut it. You might need to retake or raise your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i had really similar dat scores
aa 19
ts 20
bio20
chem19
orgo22
RC 17<<<
qr 16

i was freaking out with these scores, but i decided not to retake the dats.
btw my gpa was 3.98, 4.0 in sci major

i applied to 11 d.s and got interviews at 8, went to 5 and got into 3.
u can try to apply this cycle and if it doesnt work out, retake it.

good luck!

hey i had really similar dat scores
aa 19
ts 20
bio20
chem19
orgo22
RC 17<<<
qr 16

i was freaking out with these scores, but i decided not to retake the dats.
btw my gpa was 3.98, 4.0 in sci major

i applied to 11 d.s and got interviews at 8, went to 5 and got into 3.
u can try to apply this cycle and if it doesnt work out, retake it.

good luck!

Your sGPA is nearly a whole point better than the OP's.

Just sayin, not very similar stats.

Last edited:
Apply to a bunch of schools and increase your odds of an interview, start studying for the DAT now under the assumption that you won't get in anywhere to motivate you and in 3 months if you don't have any interviews yet take it again. The RC didn't kill you you're average over all you just don't have many above average numbers in there so you are like a raffle ticket in with a thousand others and you have to hope the adcom picks yours right now, which is why applying to a bunch of schools is worth the financial risk.

Many people get in with numbers like yours, it's just the biggest pool of applicants and you have to get lucky. I didn't the first cycle and did the second.

report.gif
Your science GPA is going to hurt you, and a 19 science average will not make up for it. The advice above is golden - apply to a bunch of schools and study for the DAT as if you are not going to get in.

report.gif
Your science GPA is going to hurt you, and a 19 science average will not make up for it. The advice above is golden - apply to a bunch of schools and study for the DAT as if you are not going to get in.

report.gif