Program-Specific Info / Q's Thomas Jefferson Admissions Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turboturtle333

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I applied to Jefferson in August and had an interview on December 19th. They said they would have their decision in 4-6 weeks. But I haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard a final decision from Jefferson? Does anyone know when they will hear back? Is the decision coming by email or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad.

They still have interviews next Friday. I read on one of the other Jefferson posts (I think it was just labeled Jefferson) that someone had interviewed in December and already found out. I know a lot of their stuff has been going to my spam box so maybe check there.

Not really sure of their decision process. Someone interviewed 12/22 and heard back, people interviewed before that and still no decision has been made. I was at one 12/19 as well and am still waiting, so this is the 6th week. So stressful...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 1/19 and they said we would hear in 3 weeks....

I interviewed on Dec 15th and still havent heard back. But another person from my interview group was accepted a few weeks ago. He said the deadline to make a decision was feb 1, so I assume they will be making more decisions this week or next.

Does anyone know if they are still inviting students for interviews? I haven't heard back at all since turning in my supplement and I am quite worried that I have been rejected...

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they are still inviting students for interviews? I haven't heard back at all since turning in my supplement and I am quite worried that I have been rejected...

I wouldn't get discouraged just yet. I had a friend invited for interview 1/24 (on a Saturday!) for an interview 2/6. I don't think they are done with interviews just yet. I also think they are slightly disorganized because it is the first time they are doing interviews. I'm really just not seeing the method behind their decisions… notifying people in no particular order in regards to the dates they were interviewed. Jefferson has been a long wait, but I think its them and not you… keep holding on!

I'm sure it's different this year with the interviews, but last year a lot of people found out (especially if they were waitlisted) on feb 14. Several chosen for scholarships were notified of their acceptance even later. So hang in there and best of luck to all of you! :)

Thanks! I really hope to at least receive an interview from them. This is my dream school and it is so stressful..... I haven't heard back from any of schools yet....

Thanks! I really hope to at least receive an interview from them. This is my dream school and it is so stressful..... I haven't heard back from any of schools yet....
me neither! it's killing me!

I'm sure it's different this year with the interviews, but last year a lot of people found out (especially if they were waitlisted) on feb 14. Several chosen for scholarships were notified of their acceptance even later. So hang in there and best of luck to all of you! :)

Are the people that are chosen for scholarships told about the scholarship in their acceptance email? Or do they give out scholarships at a later date?

Are the people that are chosen for scholarships told about the scholarship in their acceptance email? Or do they give out scholarships at a later date?

I don't know if they're doing it any differently this year, but last year I believe people were notified at the same time as their acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my decision e-mail from Jeff.. waitlisted :unsure:. I interviewed on 1/23, so it was less than two weeks. Does anyone from previous years know anything about how their wait list works, when people tend to get off the list, etc.?

Last edited:
I just got the invitation to interview! My options for dates are tomorrow (live out of state, so that won't work) and in March. I'm going to schedule for the earliest I can, but it seems like they might fill up before I even get to go to the interview. Does anyone know if that would even be possible?

I just got an invite to interview as well!

I just got the invitation to interview! My options for dates are tomorrow (live out of state, so that won't work) and in March. I'm going to schedule for the earliest I can, but it seems like they might fill up before I even get to go to the interview. Does anyone know if that would even be possible?

I am wondering this too... I just got invited to an interview as well. Mine will be in March and I'm wondering if the class will be full by then. They aren't interviewing EVERYONE are they?

Me too. I hope spots are still available in March.

I received an email this morning stating that I am wait-listed :(

I was wait listed this morning as well. I interviewed on 12/19. Pretty bummed it took them 6 weeks to notify me…

For those worried about low test scores & GPA, I wouldn't worry too much… I think Jefferson really appreciates a well-rounded applicant with life experiences. My cumulative GPA is a 3.84 and my prerequisite GPA was a 4.0. I scored in the 78th Percentile for the MATs. However, I only shadowed two settings and haven't had many life experiences (other than leadership positions in student orgs, being a TA, and community service) because I'm still in undergrad. So thats probably good news for people who don't feel like they are GPA/GRE-heavy, because I would consider that my strong suit because I definitely lack in experiences. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I interviewed on 1/19 and they said we would hear in 3 weeks....
Hi!! I have an interview at TJU tomorrow, and was wondering if you would mind sharing with me how the interview went... So nervous!!!

I just got my decision e-mail from Jeff.. waitlisted :unsure:. I interviewed on 1/23, so it was less than two weeks. Does anyone from previous years know anything about how their wait list works, when people tend to get off the list, etc.?
Mind sharing with me how the interview went? So nervous!!! :(

Please let me know how your interview went and what it was like! Also, did you bring family along? IT says we can bring family for the tour and I would liek to bring someone in my family along for that part.
Hi!! I have an interview at TJU tomorrow, and was wondering if you would mind sharing with me how the interview went... So nervous!!!

There is someone that went into detail about the interview experience on the other thread labeled "Jefferson".

@sb0106 I brought my mom..other people brought family members also

There is someone that went into detail about the interview experience on the other thread labeled "Jefferson".

@sb0106 I brought my mom..other people brought family members also
great, thanks!

At a later date. I was accepted 1/8 and recieved scholarship materials on 2/4.

About an hour after I wrote that post I received an email offering a scholarship also lol kind've weird.
Thanks!

Has anyone received a decision lately? Waitlist or acceptance? And are they still doing interviews this month or are they going to be in March?

I was invited for an interview last week and there was only one date left for February (last Friday the 6th) and then the rest of the dates were in March.

If you don't mind can you tell me what the class schedule is like? What time of day does class start and end and how much time do you actually spend on campus? I live in Delaware currently.. And I'm trying to figure out whether commuting from home would be best or if I should move closer to philly and get an apartment. Either way I would be catching the train to campus because I know parking downtown is a nightmare. But I'm wondering if living so far would affect things like level 1 fieldworks and having a work study (which I definitely want to have).

If you don't mind can you tell me what the class schedule is like? What time of day does class start and end and how much time do you actually spend on campus? I live in Delaware currently.. And I'm trying to figure out whether commuting from home would be best or if I should move closer to philly and get an apartment. Either way I would be catching the train to campus because I know parking downtown is a nightmare. But I'm wondering if living so far would affect things like level 1 fieldworks and having a work study (which I definitely want to have).

When I did my interview and tour, the students said it was mostly like a 9-5 type thing with lunch breaks, etc. They also said that they do try and factor in your location when it comes to fieldwork. The work study I'm not sure about, I guess it would depend more on who you are working with and what they would have you doing.

Would anyone mind sharing just a rough estimate of what they were offered via scholarship? Or more so, do you feel like it made a dent in your tuition? Just trying to get an idea while not invading anyone's privacy!

How much money did you recieve from scholarship?

I don't want to share the exact amount I was offered.. But here is info I got on the financial aid page about their scholarship.

"The Dean’s Scholarship - available to students in the Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing and Pharmacy - typically provides an average $5,000/year (dollar amount may vary) scholarship based on outstanding academic performance and potential for excellence in a health profession. These renewable funds are merit-based and not dependent upon financial need. The Schools select the recipients for this scholarship based on previous academic achievement. No separate application is necessary. Only full-time entering students are selected for this scholarship."

@FloridaMOT to answer your question. I do believe that receiving the scholarship for both years will definitely make my tuition more affordable.

Hope this helps :)

I don't want to share the exact amount I was offered.. But here is info I got on the financial aid page about their scholarship.

"The Dean’s Scholarship - available to students in the Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing and Pharmacy - typically provides an average $5,000/year (dollar amount may vary) scholarship based on outstanding academic performance and potential for excellence in a health profession. These renewable funds are merit-based and not dependent upon financial need. The Schools select the recipients for this scholarship based on previous academic achievement. No separate application is necessary. Only full-time entering students are selected for this scholarship."

@FloridaMOT to answer your question. I do believe that receiving the scholarship for both years will definitely make my tuition more affordable.

Hope this helps :)

It did help, thanks so much! I have one more question if you don't mind: did you fill out a separate application to be considered for a scholarship? Or were you just offered one based on your application to TJ?

It did help, thanks so much! I have one more question if you don't mind: did you fill out a separate application to be considered for a scholarship? Or were you just offered one based on your application to TJ?

No prob!
I didn't fill out anything extra. They sent an email saying I was selected for the scholarship about three weeks after I payed the enrollment fee. I'm not sure what criteria they use to select who gets one.. Or if everyone gets one. It kind've sounds like they give them out until the money runs out.

Would you mind sharing how the interview was? I've heard it was a group interview but other than that I'm feeling a little lost

Would you mind sharing how the interview was? I've heard it was a group interview but other than that I'm feeling a little lost

Sit in waiting room for a bit, they come down and bring you up to a small conference room. Interview starts with personal/opinion questions where each person takes a turn answering for themselves. Later moves into a problem solving section where it really is a show what you know. Closes with some opinion questions about OT and the field. Make sure to eat something ahead of time because it is quite long and afterwards you go straight into the tour. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Sit in waiting room for a bit, they come down and bring you up to a small conference room. Interview starts with personal/opinion questions where each person takes a turn answering for themselves. Later moves into a problem solving section where it really is a show what you know. Closes with some opinion questions about OT and the field. Make sure to eat something ahead of time because it is quite long and afterwards you go straight into the tour. Good luck!

Oh wow!!!! Thank you so so so much for the insight! I really appreciate it. What do you mean by a "show what you know"?

You and a partner will get a scenario related to OT and you just apply your knowledge from your background/research on OT/experience observing to the case.

@nervousandhopeful @TeelovesOt Did you two pay your nonrefundable deposit before you were chosen for scholarship? I was offered admissions on 2/18 but I am still awaiting decisions from a couple of much less expensive public schools in my state of residence. I am worried that if I don't commit to TJU now I will miss out on scholarship opportunities. Any thoughts or experience on this matter?

@nervousandhopeful @TeelovesOt Did you two pay your nonrefundable deposit before you were chosen for scholarship? I was offered admissions on 2/18 but I am still awaiting decisions from a couple of much less expensive public schools in my state of residence. I am worried that if I don't commit to TJU now I will miss out on scholarship opportunities. Any thoughts or experience on this matter?

Congrats!!
Yes.. I was accepted 1/8, put my deposit down on 1/13 and got the email about the scholarship on 2/4. I wish I could be more help! But I'm not exactly sure about how the scholarships work.

When did you interview?

Did you accept the offer and pay your deposit before they offered you scholarship? I am still waiting on a decision from a much less expensive public school option but I'm worried that TJU won't consider me for scholarships until I commit. Any thoughts on that?

Did you accept the offer and pay your deposit before they offered you scholarship? I am still waiting on a decision from a much less expensive public school option but I'm worried that TJU won't consider me for scholarships until I commit. Any thoughts on that?
I don't know how it is for this year but according to what I've seen on the forum, last year there were applicants received scholarship offers before they committed to TJU so I think it's possible to get a scholarship without paying the deposit first.

Yeah I received a scholarship before I committed, which makes sense since the scholarship aid is a big part of your decision of where you choose to go financially, so I would imagine they would offer it before your deadline. Last year we had 30 days to accept an admissions offer so I'd imagine it would come in that timeframe. But I could be totally wrong! Also, I was accepted off the waitlist, so my offer of admission and my deans scholarship came at the same time. Therefore, I'm not sure how it works before the waitlist decisions!

@ALG
Yeah I received a scholarship before I committed, which makes sense since the scholarship aid is a big part of your decision of where you choose to go financially, so I would imagine they would offer it before your deadline. Last year we had 30 days to accept an admissions offer so I'd imagine it would come in that timeframe. But I could be totally wrong! Also, I was accepted off the waitlist, so my offer of admission and my deans scholarship came at the same time. Therefore, I'm not sure how it works before the waitlist decisions!

Thanks so much for this info! It definitely informs my situation a bit. Are you at TJU this year then?