Program-Specific Info / Q's Thomas Jefferson OT? Help :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I got the email update today and it said there was 60 ppl on the waitlist and I cringed did they say the same for you as well with the ms program and also did you have an interview because I did not have one they just said I was waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email today saying that I was waitlisted. :/ It didn't say how many people were on the waitlist though. It sucks 'cause Jefferson is my first choice school and the only school I want to do OT at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to EMOT and was waitlisted. I am going to another school so I told Don to take me off. Now there are only 59 ;) good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I have been waitlisted as well for the EMOT program. The email did not state any facts about the waitlist. From what I am reading the 60 person waitlist is for the bs/ms program, correct?

I have been waitlisted as well for the EMOT program. The email did not state any facts about the waitlist. From what I am reading the 60 person waitlist is for the bs/ms program, correct?

I also received the detailed Waitlist email and I applied for the EMOT program. Maybe the 60 people is both?

Yea I wasn't sure if it was for both or just for one

So has anyone actually been denied from TJU? I have heard of a lot of people being waitlisted and a few being accepted. Also, what if the update email say? I was placed on the waitlist right around the same time everyone else got the update, so I don't know what was on it. I am wondering if the class is already full? Are they still doing interviews? I am just trying to decide what I should do. I love TJU but I also don't want to get my hopes up with the whole waitlist waiting game.

So has anyone actually been denied from TJU? I have heard of a lot of people being waitlisted and a few being accepted. Also, what if the update email say? I was placed on the waitlist right around the same time everyone else got the update, so I don't know what was on it. I am wondering if the class is already full? Are they still doing interviews? I am just trying to decide what I should do. I love TJU but I also don't want to get my hopes up with the whole waitlist waiting game.

Here was the content of the email…

"Hello,

I am writing to provide you with a status update for the fall 2015 Occupational Therapy waitlist. As of today, 04/6/15, we have not made any offers of admission from the wait list. We will keep you on the list. If your plans have changed and no longer include JSHP, send me an e-mail ASAP and I will withdraw your name from consideration.

Here are just a few reminders and frequently asked questions about the wait list:

1. It is JSHP’s policy is that we do not give out the exact number of your location on the wait list. The wait list evolves as we go through the spring and summer. We encourage you to send us updates (through email) with new grades, OT hours, awards, honors or publications. Updates could change your position on the list; therefore, we do not give students individual numbers because it is constantly changing.
  2. If a spot becomes available for you, I will email you directly to let you know a spot has opened up and we will invite you to campus for an interview.
  3. If you still have prerequisite classes left to complete, it is highly recommended that you complete them. Because we do not know if or when a spot may become available we encourage you to keep all of your options open by completing your prerequisite requirements. If a spot becomes available and you have not completed the prerequisites, unfortunately, we will not be able to offer you admission. Prerequisites are found here:
http://www.jefferson.edu/university.../occupational_therapy/prerequisites_emot.html

1. The number of people offered admission from the wait list varies year-to-year. Typically it is a couple accepted each year. Due to the high demand and extreme competition for our OT program the waiting list is approximately 60 students.
  2. If you are interested in fall 2016, you would need to reapply to the program. We do not automatically defer wait list students to the next year nor do we guarantee an offer of admission for the following year. The fall 2016 CAS application will be available in July 2015.
***For your information and to keep you updated, I will send this email at the begining of every month until August*** If you have moved or changed your phone number or e-mail address, please let me know so I can update it our BANNER application system with your new contact information."

Futureot10 where you waitlisted for the bs/ms or the emot program?

Has anyone else gotten into the 2015 EMOT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I initially accepted TJU's offer of admission for their EMOT but I will be going back on that decision in order to attend a less expensive program in my current state of residency. For those of you on the wait list and still waiting to interview, that's one more spot!

I initially accepted TJU's offer of admission for their EMOT but I will be going back on that decision in order to attend a less expensive program in my current state of residency. For those of you on the wait list and still waiting to interview, that's one more spot!
thanx for the update ;-) anyone know the length of the waitlist for the program?

Has anyone got off the wait list for the combine bs/ms program?

idk about the bs/ms but the masters program said they would send out an update about the waiting list on may 1st, anyone know anything about that?

I'm on the wait list too. I didn't receive the May 1st email update, but I wasn't told I was on the list until May 3rd. They're supposed to be every 3 weeks though, so we'll see what happens on the 21st

so i was on the waiting list before the first but didn't receive an update...

Hello,

I am writing to provide you with a status update for the fall 2015 Occupational Therapy waitlist. As of today, 05/19/15, we have not made any offers of admission from the wait list. We will keep you on the list. If your plans have changed and no longer include JSHP, send me an e-mail ASAP and I will withdraw your name from consideration.

Here are just a few reminders and frequently asked questions about the wait list:

1. It is JSHP’s policy is that we do not give out the exact number of your location on the wait list. The wait list evolves as we go through the spring and summer. We encourage you to send us updates (through email) with new grades, OT hours, awards, honors or publications. Updates could change your position on the list; therefore, we do not give students individual numbers because it is constantly changing.
  2. If a spot becomes available for you, I will email you directly to let you know a spot has opened up and we will invite you to campus for an interview.
  3. If you still have prerequisite classes left to complete, it is highly recommended that you complete them. Because we do not know if or when a spot may become available we encourage you to keep all of your options open by completing your prerequisite requirements. If a spot becomes available and you have not completed the prerequisites, unfortunately, we will not be able to offer you admission. Prerequisites are found here:
http://www.jefferson.edu/university.../occupational_therapy/prerequisites_emot.html

1. The number of people offered admission from the wait list varies year-to-year. Typically it is a couple accepted each year. Due to the high demand and extreme competition for our OT program the waiting list is approximately 90 students.
  2. If you are interested in fall 2016, you would need to reapply to the program. We do not automatically defer wait list students to the next year nor do we guarantee an offer of admission for the following year. The fall 2016 CAS application will be available in July 2015.
***For your information and to keep you updated, I will send this email twice a month month until August 1st*** If you have moved or changed your phone number or e-mail address, please let me know so I can update it our BANNER application system with your new contact information.

Sincerely,

Don Sharples

I officially gave up my spot yesterday so someone should be hearing off the wait list soon.

What waitlist we're you on bs/ms or entry level masters

Has anyone received a recent update from Mr. Sharples? The last email I received was the first one (shown above), and it's been quite awhile!

I emailed him today and was told they have nothing new to report and that they are not expecting any changes and that the next cycle app will open soon