Thomas Jefferson University COP 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gchang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for TJU COP for this year's applicants.

I just received an interview invite! Anyone else applying/interviewing/accepted??

How's the school and the environment?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my interview invite too... Thinking about going on 11/9/13. Being really nervous about having interview and I'm trying to wait and see how Temple University responds...

Members don't see this ad :)
Can i ask you guys what the stats were?

GPA 3.3 and PCAT 76, BS in Cellular and Developmental Biology, volunteer hours, and with tons of research experience (conferences, grants, and publication)

EDIT: added Degree info

Last edited:
Hello I have been invited to interview as well! I think i will go either on the 9th or on the 16th of Nov.

Congrats to everyone who have received an interview. Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks in advance! :)

My GPA is pretty low and my PCAT was alright. 2.87 cum and 74 PCAT. I have a ton of volunteer hours, work experience in the medical field, and leadership positions. Goes to show that GPA and PCAT aren't everything! I got 5 interviews already

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
thanks for sharing, i'm hoping to apply for this school for this application cycle! :oops:

Did you guys who got interviews apply early decision?

Jeff should be getting my PCAT scores within the next 3 weeks or so as soon as Pearson sends them out (i heard it takes like 5 weeks?) I'm super nervous about my app though. I had a 57 composite on the PCAT but a 3.5 GPA, lots of volunteer hours in a pharmacy and a letter of recommendation from the head of pharmacy in their Methodist division. Head of admissions said they review anyone with an above 50 composite even though 70 is considered competitive.
I'm thinking of retaking it in Jan just in case but IDK do you think i'll have a chance :/?

Had an interview on 11/09/13 and just received an acceptance e-mail. I was so nervous since it was around the time to get decision but surprisingly, they sent e-mail at 7PM lol

Congratulation with ur acceptance on Jefferson!!

What your stat? and how was interview like?

Congratulation with ur acceptance on Jefferson!!

What your stat? and how was interview like?

Hello. My GPA was 3.2 with PCAT composite of 57 percentile when I received an interview offer. But since I told them I would retake it on October and I did send them a preliminary score report of 99% composite, I think I didn't have any problem. I don't know if interview is conducted in same way in terms of open file or closed file, but mine was closed file. When you go there, you will have 1 vs 1 interview with the one of the faculty. To prepare for interview, I would strongly suggest to look at interview feedback, and it's really a laid-back comfortable interview experience, as all questions were about something like "why pharmacy? Jefferson?" "what do you do for fun?" "Tell me about yourself" and stuff. But overall, students and faculty definitely gave me a comfortable feeling as I was getting ready for interview and campus is really beautiful. Best of luck to you

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys who got interviews apply early decision?

Jeff should be getting my PCAT scores within the next 3 weeks or so as soon as Pearson sends them out (i heard it takes like 5 weeks?) I'm super nervous about my app though. I had a 57 composite on the PCAT but a 3.5 GPA, lots of volunteer hours in a pharmacy and a letter of recommendation from the head of pharmacy in their Methodist division. Head of admissions said they review anyone with an above 50 composite even though 70 is considered competitive.
I'm thinking of retaking it in Jan just in case but IDK do you think i'll have a chance :/?

For me, I had 3.2 GPA with non- pharmacy related hospital volunteer experience (But in Jefferson hospital) and 57 composite when I received an offer for the interview. I think sending an application early in the beginning helped me as well as I indicated that I will be retaking PCAT on October and I got 99% composite so I did send them a preliminary score report for securing my final admission decision. If they do ask you to retake a PCAT since they think 70 composite is competitive, you can retake it on January. But, definitely give a shot, since it's still relatively early for application cycle and you have better stat than me when I received my interview offer at that time :)

For me, I had 3.2 GPA with non- pharmacy related hospital volunteer experience (But in Jefferson hospital) and 57 composite when I received an offer for the interview. I think sending an application early in the beginning helped me as well as I indicated that I will be retaking PCAT on October and I got 99% composite so I did send them a preliminary score report for securing my final admission decision. If they do ask you to retake a PCAT since they think 70 composite is competitive, you can retake it on January. But, definitely give a shot, since it's still relatively early for application cycle and you have better stat than me when I received my interview offer at that time :)

Ahh thank you!! That makes me feel a little better that you were able to get an interview with the same composite. So do you think I'll be fine or that I should retake it? Or should I wait to see if they ask me to retake it?

Ahh thank you!! That makes me feel a little better that you were able to get an interview with the same composite. So do you think I'll be fine or that I should retake it? Or should I wait to see if they ask me to retake it?

If I were you, I would definitely retake it on January, but I will submit my PharmCAS application ASAP, too. When I submitted mine on mid-October, it was kind of early phase of application cycle and since it's rolling admission, their standard for interview invitation was probably lenient I would say. Since you have strong GPA and experience, I would think you would definitely get an interview offer if you would submit application right now. But, 57% composite is not a competitive score in their standard, as they said 70% it is. Therefore, you should indicate them that you would retake it on January and you can just send them preliminary score report when your exam is done. I was invited to interview few days before my second PCAT on October, but I still send them a copy of preliminary PCAT score (99% composite) and it sure helped my admission decision after the interview.

If I were you, I would definitely retake it on January, but I will submit my PharmCAS application ASAP, too. When I submitted mine on mid-October, it was kind of early phase of application cycle and since it's rolling admission, their standard for interview invitation was probably lenient I would say. Since you have strong GPA and experience, I would think you would definitely get an interview offer if you would submit application right now. But, 57% composite is not a competitive score in their standard, as they said 70% it is. Therefore, you should indicate them that you would retake it on January and you can just send them preliminary score report when your exam is done. I was invited to interview few days before my second PCAT on October, but I still send them a copy of preliminary PCAT score (99% composite) and it sure helped my admission decision after the interview.
ahhh okay! Did you literally just send them a copy of the sheet we are handed after we finish the test?

ahhh okay! Did you literally just send them a copy of the sheet we are handed after we finish the test?
I actually scanned the copy of score report and send it via e-mail to the assistant director of admission

Just received and interview invite for the second week of December. I submitted my application to Pharmcas about a month a half ago before I took the PCAT. Jefferson has had the best communication by far with the application process which I am very pleased with compared to Temple and Univ. of the Sciences. Jefferson is a great school and might have moved up as my first choice school due to their quick process. I received an e-mail from the assistant dean requesting the preliminary scores which I emailed the day after taking the test. I got the interview invite the following day so I strongly suggest sending the preliminary scores asap and do not wait for Pharmcas to send the official scores. My stats are as following:

BS Biochemistry
81 composite
sGPA 3.58
cGPA 3.49
Several years of research experience and volunteer work
Have been working as a manager at a local manufacturing pharmacy for 4 years.

Just received and interview invite for the second week of December. I submitted my application to Pharmcas about a month a half ago before I took the PCAT. Jefferson has had the best communication by far with the application process which I am very pleased with compared to Temple and Univ. of the Sciences. Jefferson is a great school and might have moved up as my first choice school due to their quick process. I received an e-mail from the assistant dean requesting the preliminary scores which I emailed the day after taking the test. I got the interview invite the following day so I strongly suggest sending the preliminary scores asap and do not wait for Pharmcas to send the official scores. My stats are as following:

BS Biochemistry
81 composite
sGPA 3.58
cGPA 3.49
Several years of research experience and volunteer work
Have been working as a manager at a local manufacturing pharmacy for 4 years.
They emailed you requesting the scores? I sent in my app in the beginning of November, the same week I took my PCATs (which i'm still waiting on Pharmcas to deliver) but Jeff never emailed me requesting that I send my preliminary scores. Should I email the assistant dean asking if I should send them my preliminaries?

They emailed you requesting the scores? I sent in my app in the beginning of November, the same week I took my PCATs (which i'm still waiting on Pharmcas to deliver) but Jeff never emailed me requesting that I send my preliminary scores. Should I email the assistant dean asking if I should send them my preliminaries?

I'm sure it won't hurt to email her and see whats going on. You probably haven't got an e-mail yet because Pharmcas hasn't sent out your application. Once Jefferson receives your application from Pharmcas you should be notified. Like I said Jefferson has been very good at communicating and I was notified that they received my application the same day Pharmcas sent it out. I'm sure it was just an automated e-mail but I was contacted about my PCAT scores just a few days later.

I'm sure it won't hurt to email her and see whats going on. You probably haven't got an e-mail yet because Pharmcas hasn't sent out your application. Once Jefferson receives your application from Pharmcas you should be notified. Like I said Jefferson has been very good at communicating and I was notified that they received my application the same day Pharmcas sent it out. I'm sure it was just an automated e-mail but I was contacted about my PCAT scores just a few days later.
Pharmcas did send out my app, cause i already did jefferson's supplemental and got one of those emails thats like "hey we have everything except your PCAT send it soon!" but i actually emailed the assistant dean and they were super nice/helpful and said of course i can send it and that they're sorry they didn't contact me themselves to get it. Love how awesome they are with the app process

Just received my interview notification :)!!! Dec 18th or Dec 20th!

Congrats!!!
thank you :) im super excited/nervous. its set for Dec 20th now. later than i wanted but all the other days were on the days i take finals for my classes.

any interview tips guys?

thank you :) im super excited/nervous. its set for Dec 20th now. later than i wanted but all the other days were on the days i take finals for my classes.

any interview tips guys?
Just look at the interview feedback section for Jefferson school of pharmacy. I didn't really have lots of experience in the interview so I was really nervous and worried about it. But, I prepared using interview feedback and there was probably one additional question from the faculty that wasn't on the list, but it was closed-file and interview was very relaxing and more of get-to-know-you type of questions. Lastly, all faculties are so nice and kind so you won't really feel nervous when interview starts. Jefferson is my first choice and I did get an interview offer from Temple a while ago, but I chose not to attend it. So I will probably pay my acceptance deposit on this week or early next week. :)
good luck!

Just look at the interview feedback section for Jefferson school of pharmacy. I didn't really have lots of experience in the interview so I was really nervous and worried about it. But, I prepared using interview feedback and there was probably one additional question from the faculty that wasn't on the list, but it was closed-file and interview was very relaxing and more of get-to-know-you type of questions. Lastly, all faculties are so nice and kind so you won't really feel nervous when interview starts. Jefferson is my first choice and I did get an interview offer from Temple a while ago, but I chose not to attend it. So I will probably pay my acceptance deposit on this week or early next week. :)
good luck!
thank you so much! where is the interview feedback section? could you link me to it?

does anyone know if people with PCAT scores around 57 and really good grades/recommendations/LORs ever get in to Jeff? im SO nervous for this cause I want to get in so badly . I know competitive to them is 70 but I did manage to get an interview

does anyone know if people with PCAT scores around 57 and really good grades/recommendations/LORs ever get in to Jeff? im SO nervous for this cause I want to get in so badly . I know competitive to them is 70 but I did manage to get an interview

Yes! I've heard of people getting in there with those stats :thumbup:

I just received an interview invite for December 14! :)

when did you guys submit in your pharmcas application to recieve interview invites in december? reason i ask is because i just sent in my application couple days ago and wondering how long it takes for jefferson to respond with interviews???

and did the supplemental application have any essays on it?

the supplemental didn't have an essay! it was super simple took me about 15 minutes.

I submitted my app on Oct 30th and took my PCAT on the 4th of November, Jeff never contacted me about the possibility of sending in my preliminary scores so I emailed them around the 15th and got a response back apologizing. I sent them in later that day at their request and got an interview the next day

Submitted app to Pharmcas: 10/08 (Did not take PCAT yet)
App verified by Pharmcas: 10/10
App mailed from Pharmcas: 10/16
Notified by Jefferson about missing PCAT: 11/5
Took PCAT: 11/8
Emailed Prelim PCAT scores to Jefferson: 11/11
Received Interview invite: 11/12

No the supplemental application consisted of about 3 questions. From what I remember something like how did you hear about us. Just pointless questions for them to get their extra cash from us. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Good luck with everything.

thanks a lot guys. and yes phillypharm27 ill definitely take you up on that off as more questions arise.

im just waiting for my pharmcas application gpa to be calculated so it can be sent out to schools. its just the waiting game for me!

thanks a lot guys. and yes phillypharm27 ill definitely take you up on that off as more questions arise.

im just waiting for my pharmcas application gpa to be calculated so it can be sent out to schools. its just the waiting game for me!
thats the worst part hahahha! I had to schedule my interview on the 20th because I have finals on all the other days they gave for interviews so i'm a nervous wreck while waiting for the day to get here haha!

thats the worst part hahahha! I had to schedule my interview on the 20th because I have finals on all the other days they gave for interviews so i'm a nervous wreck while waiting for the day to get here haha!

giannag would you mind sharing your stats? i know you said u got a 57 the first time around. how did u do second time? and did they know you were gonna take the pcats again thats why they gave you an interview?

giannag would you mind sharing your stats? i know you said u got a 57 the first time around. how did u do second time? and did they know you were gonna take the pcats again thats why they gave you an interview?
I actually haven't taken it a second time and if i do i'll have to register for January's. They gave me an interview with my 57. I have a 3.45 GPA by pharmcas standard (which is stupid cause I have a 3.56 by my college's standard), volunteer experience at Jefferson, LOR from the head of pharmacy at Jefferson's methodist division, and i'll have research experience by next semester so i'm going to mention that in interview.

not sure if i'm going to take the PCATs again at this point though :/

anyone know how we'll know whether or not our interview is closed or open?

when did you guys submit in your pharmcas application to recieve interview invites in december? reason i ask is because i just sent in my application couple days ago and wondering how long it takes for jefferson to respond with interviews???

My PharmCAS application was verified the 20th and I got my interview that following Monday.

goodluck! Mine is friday I'm so nervous! what kind of stuff did they ask you that isn't the traditional "tell me about yourself/why pharmacy"?
My interview was pretty traditional - nothing out of the ordinary. Try not to be too nervous. I actually found the whole experience to be relaxed and enjoyable.

My interview was pretty traditional - nothing out of the ordinary. Try not to be too nervous. I actually found the whole experience to be relaxed and enjoyable.
Yeah I hear they're really great with making you feel relaxed and comfortable, which is a relief for me. I'm so excited hahah waiting for friday feels like forever.

but goodluck! keep us posted with if you get in :)

I interviewed Saturday as well! I'm incredibly anxious and it's not boding well with studying for finals!
Same. I am trying so hard to concentrate on my finals, but I can't stop checking my e-mail every 5 minutes. I really hope they get back to us soon and don't wait until this entire round of interviews is over (on the 20th).

I've heard that they notify you within a week or two after your interview, but with the holidays next week I'm not entirely sure. I hope it's soon!

Good luck on your finals! :happy:

I've heard that they notify you within a week or two after your interview, but with the holidays next week I'm not entirely sure. I hope it's soon!

Good luck on your finals! :happy:

I interviewed today and one of the other students asked Dr. Hess (I wasn't around) when we should be expecting a reply. From what the student said, admissions will be meeting next week to decide =/