Those Of You Who Got Accepted To Uop!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DREDAY

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to UOP and just received the letter in the mail. In the letter though they stated the acceptance was provisional and that I needed to get at least B's in the rest of my courses. I was wandering if this condition was the same for everyone or if you guys received different conditions on your acceptance. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dreday

Congrats on the acceptance. I also got the same conditions.

does that mean if you get B- or C+ they wont accept you???? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
DREDAY said:
I was accepted to UOP and just received the letter in the mail. In the letter though they stated the acceptance was provisional and that I needed to get at least B's in the rest of my courses. I was wandering if this condition was the same for everyone or if you guys received different conditions on your acceptance. thanks.

Yep I got that letter too. A friend of mine had the same conditions when he got accepted last year so that must just be standard. I don't know about how flexible they will be about the B vs. B-, if you are concerned you should probably call the school and ask. Goodluck!

i noticed some people who got accepted had a 2.8 GPA. How will they be able to maintain a 3.0 in each course if their overall average is a 2.8?

I did a search through some old posts, and I found that students had the same requirement during past years to maintain a B average in classes. From the posts I gathered these things:

1. They are serious about keeping a B average.
2. If you get a B-, they'll be forgiving if you did well in the other classes.
3. Agutier, an old poster, said he called and they told him one C wouldn't kill him.

I have one W on my transcript from this semester, so I'm going to call tomorrow and ask UOP if this kills my offer. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

wow, that's crazy. what if you take a prereq class pass/no pass?

what if the classes that you put under planned are different from the ones you are actually taking!? i hope it doesnt make a difference.

justletmein said:
wow, that's crazy. what if you take a prereq class pass/no pass?
From what I've heard dental schools will generally not accept pre-req's taken as a pass/no-pass. You may want to call your schools and get their take on the matter if it's something your seriously considering.

I called Pacific this morning and told them about my W. I spoke with Laura Buell. She asked me what class it was (it's Bio 329--intro to dentistry). She was familiar with it and she said it wasn't a problem. I asked her about the 'B' average thing, and she said they would REALLY like to see at least a B in each class.

Anyway, my situation may be unique since the class I got the W in wasn't a 'pre-req' or part of my major. But, if you're worried, then call. They were enthusiastic and very helpful.

Dentist 2 be said:
i noticed some people who got accepted had a 2.8 GPA. How will they be able to maintain a 3.0 in each course if their overall average is a 2.8?

Most of the people with lower GPA's did poor early in their college career and have gotten above a 3.0 since. I had a 2.19 freshman year, but have showed improvement and maintained a higher gpa since freshman year. I think they expect us to maintain a B or better since that is what we have been maintaining. I am only taking speech, pysch and soc right now. A B average in each should be no problem. I think they will forgive you if you get one C, just try to maintain B's or better. If you got into UOP that shouldn't be too hard for you.

Wow, dakine I'm amazed that you got into UOP with your GPA. Your DAT scores are awesome, and from what i hear UOP places alot of importance on that. What else would you say helped you to get in? Applying early? Extracurriculars? or did you show a great upward trend?