Those that have been accepted at Ross University..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullyluver2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if you didn't mind me asking what your GPA was? My GPA is very bad at the moment..I still have 2 semesters left after this semester until I get my bachelors degree but I did get an associated degree at a community college so that GPA would count too of course. My GPA is so bad at the moment I had thought about getting my masters degree so I could have a better GPA before even trying to apply to a vet school. I hate to say but my GPA is lower than a 3.0 at the moment (had a terrible time last semester but think i'm gonna retake 2 classes). If I get my GPA to a 3.0 or above would I have any chance of getting into Ross? I've heard from one girl that made C's and D's and got into Ross but I didn't ask her how bad her GPA was. I probably will never get into Ross even with my terrible GPA :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, never say never! If this is what you truly want, you can make it happen :)

As for getting a masters, my roommate recently spoke with the head of admissions at VMRCVM about what they thought her next step should be (she was rejected). They told her that although getting a masters shows that you are capable of handling hard coursework, they don't calculate it into your GPAs and ultimately thats what counts. She instead recommended taking community college classes to boost her GPA while working. I think her GPA is a low 3.2 or so.

Hey there, never say never! If this is what you truly want, you can make it happen :)

As for getting a masters, my roommate recently spoke with the head of admissions at VMRCVM about what they thought her next step should be (she was rejected). They told her that although getting a masters shows that you are capable of handling hard coursework, they don't calculate it into your GPAs and ultimately thats what counts. She instead recommended taking community college classes to boost her GPA while working. I think her GPA is a low 3.2 or so.

It depends on the school as to if they factor in your Master's GPA. The OP should contact Ross to see if they would count the Master's courses in the GPA calculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ross has the Vet prep program, I am not sure who is eligible for it. I think it is for students they would like to admit but would benefit from some extra classes.
Once admitted to the Vet prep program, the person goes right into the Veterinary program following completion.

I also think that the applicant pool will be changing, now that Ross is fully accredited. Ross may no longer be the 'go to school' for a back-up for pre-vets who didn't get in on the VMCAS cycle. Applying to Ross this spring was my back-up if I didn't get into any, not because Ross isn't as good of a school (Ross is really awesome and I worked with a vet from there and he was very impressive!), but because it was a very expensive choice and a huge move for me, as well as the cost for the extra testing. I would imagine that they'll get more applicants now that they're AVMA accredited and that the pool will be stronger in the coming years due to the more equal playing field for Ross now.

I also think that the applicant pool will be changing, now that Ross is fully accredited. Ross may no longer be the 'go to school' for a back-up for pre-vets who didn't get in on the VMCAS cycle. Applying to Ross this spring was my back-up if I didn't get into any, not because Ross isn't as good of a school (Ross is really awesome and I worked with a vet from there and he was very impressive!), but because it was a very expensive choice and a huge move for me, as well as the cost for the extra testing. I would imagine that they'll get more applicants now that they're AVMA accredited and that the pool will be stronger in the coming years due to the more equal playing field for Ross now.

Which is why I am hoping to get in now!:laugh: