Those who found positions in the 2015 SOAP, how do you feel about things now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLC

A Punk Rock Country Doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I struggled with the title of this thread because I didn't want to rub salt into the wound for people who were unsuccessful in the 2015 SOAP. So it's long and not that great mainly to pre-warn people that I'm looking for responses from those who found positions in the SOAP this past March.

I have been extremely fortunate, not matching was a major shock to my system. I'd skated along pretty much smoothly all through medical school. And by that I don't mean I didn't work hard, just that things went about as well as one can expect and I experienced very few bumps in the road. Never failed a course, passed all my boards with relative ease, got great rotation grades, had a good time in general.

I was going for Family Med out of real personal interest and desire. I had an app that could have gotten me into other fields numbers wise. But I felt most at home in FM and I'm still very happy with that decision.

Anyway. I ended up SOAP'ing into what I think is one of the stronger programs out there; particularly in the areas I'm particularly interested in (OB, and Underserved Medicine). Things have gone awesome, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, have done 5 or 6 continuity clinic sessions and even got my first faculty evaluation which was absolutely glowing. I honestly have a hard time imagining myself happier with any of the programs I initially ranked, and I'm sure this place is worlds better than anything lower than #3 or #4 on my list.

So I guess I can honestly say that I'm thrilled with how everything worked out. I'd be interested in hearing how it's going for others here who went through the SOAP with me (if any of them are still hanging around here). We all had a sudden change of plans, which can be brutal but can also work out quite well (I'm a great example of that).

So let's hear your updates!

Members don't see this ad.

:wow:
Okay, I'm astounded honestly, and terrified. You had awesome stats, and were looking at FM! I have not the greatest stats and am looking at FM... I sent you a message, but I am happy that you are happy with your spot!!!