Thoughts and Opinions?

TheGiver

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am currently a high school student and I have a few questions about college/pharmacy/life.
I want to go into Pharmacy, let's start there.
1) Is pharmacy worth it anymore?
2) If not what are alternatives?
3) I have applied to University of Illinois at Chicago for their Graduated Professional Program Admissions (GPPA) and also Drake's Dual Degree program. So my question is should I try for 8 years to get into a good pharmacy school or should I go to Drake where I can complete and receive my Pharm.D. in 6 years?
4) If you chose Drake. In addition to receiving my Pharm.D I have a choice to study and also receive an MBA,MPA,MPH, or LAW. Which one should I pick in addition to Pharm. D.?
5) What can I do to promote myself to be a top candidate for school and also the job market?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you start reading threads in the pre-pharmacy and pharmacy forums you will find a plethora of threads on #1, #2 and #5...as for #3 and #4 those are personal decisions, people on the internet can only give your their mostly bogus opinions. :)

Be forewarned though: the pharmacy forums are 90% doom and gloom with only occasional rays of sunshine breaking through, which are rapidly and efficiently squelched.