Thoughts on being a army pharmacist? any pros and cons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taowen1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a third yr student with a F-1 student visa. Just found out Army has program called MAVNI that recruits people like. I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever done this before or know any details about just being a pharmacist in the Army. The Army claims I'll be expedited to US citizen, so another question would be that do I have any restriction traveling outside of US once I become citizen here working as a pharmacist in an Army base? any thoughts or recommendation I can use for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, this is one last way for international students to stay in USA since almost no company does H1B sponsorship anymore. Or, try to get married to a US citizen.

Yep, this is one last way for international students to stay in USA since almost no company does H1B sponsorship anymore. Or, try to get married to a US citizen.

Staying in US won't be a problem as a PharmD, I'm currently working as intern for a retail rx and the DM would hire me n fix my work visa and green card after grad., just saw the opportunity working in the army and I'm curious and interested! Still doing my research on this subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
Staying in US won't be a problem as a PharmD, I'm currently working as intern for a retail rx and the DM would hire me n fix my work visa and green card after grad., just saw the opportunity working in the army and I'm curious and interested! Still doing my research on this subject.

Oh, wow, which company is still sponsoring H1B? I know all retails in CA won't do it no more. I know a couple interns after being promised to get sponsorship were also let go. Poor sods trusting the company so much.

Just google MAVNI and apply if you are interested. The website is there lol. Salary is probably low. But who cares about that if you can get your green card in 1 year, just finish the military contract and quit. Nothing is worse than being a H1B slave that has no choice of place of employment and ability to switch employer(s) at all.

Last edited:
Oh, wow, which company is still sponsoring H1B? I know all retails in CA won't do it no more. I know a couple interns after being promised to get sponsorship were also let go. Poor sods trusting the company so much.

Just google MAVNI and apply if you are interested. The website is there lol. Salary is probably low. But who cares about that if you can get your green card in 1 year, just finish the military contract and quit. Nothing is worse than being a H1B slave that has no choice of place of employment and ability to switch employer(s) at all.

I did look over the program and talked to those people. Just waiting a local recruiter to contact me about more info., but so far haven't found much consistent info. about rph in army. And yeah you're so right about the H1B, lol!

I did look over the program and talked to those people. Just waiting a local recruiter to contact me about more info., but so far haven't found much consistent info. about rph in army. And yeah you're so right about the H1B, lol!

Don't put your real pic... man. Certain anonymity is good especially if you are making these kind of threads. #1 You just announced to your employer you want to quit. Nothing good will come from it.

Reactions: 1 user