Thoughts on M1s writing Adcoms to recommend BMS student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jorjorswens

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is an exceptional student that I have met in some of my medical school classes and I want to recommend him to join our school next year. Is this something that Adcoms respond to or help medical candidates? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you also exceptional? If you aren't it might hurt them

There is an exceptional student that I have met in some of my medical school classes and I want to recommend him to join our school next year. Is this something that Adcoms respond to or help medical candidates? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Make an appointment with your admissions dean to give an endorsement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you also exceptional? If you aren't it might hurt them
I am slightly above average on tests. You think it might hurt him? What is your reasoning?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Make an appointment with your admissions dean to give an endorsement.
You think setting apart a time to discuss the candidate would be better than a letter? If the dean isn't too busy to meet with a student I could see how that might be better.

I am slightly above average on tests. You think it might hurt him? What is your reasoning?

Some students aren't particularly known for being professional or "up to the task".....if you aren't someone they would take again, your recommendation won't help. If you are doing ok and get along with staff it should be fine

You think setting apart a time to discuss the candidate would be better than a letter? If the dean isn't too busy to meet with a student I could see how that might be better.

You might be surprised how open ed affairs deans are to their own students.

Reactions: 1 users