Thoughts on PBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmesan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm only applying to Florida schools, with UF as my top choice. However, I want to keep back up plans in mind. I almost never hear about Palm Beach Atlantic.... Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Its a good school, but its also the most expensive school for Florida residents. NOVA tuition is like $28,500, and theirs is like 34,000, so I ignored it...

Reactions: 1 user
Damn. I didn't know PBA was that much.

I know someone who went there. They weren't to hype about it. Didn't feel as if they were as prepared for rotations as other schools students were that they rotated with.

Also it's a Christian school....... So yea. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you guys put it above LECOM?
I'm thinking UF> USF>NOVA> LECOM> PBA
Sort of worrying about playing around with USF's not quite accredited status, though I doubt a state school would fall through.

it depends, PBA is the most expensive school in Florida, but it also had the highest NAPLEX passing rate last year (even higher than UF)... LECOM is cheaper, but as you might know, lots of people hate the school... So, what is more important to your?

it depends, PBA is the most expensive school in Florida, but it also had the highest NAPLEX passing rate last year (even higher than UF)... LECOM is cheaper, but as you might know, lots of people hate the school... So, what is more important to your?
It is higher, but they had less than 100 people, while UF had 200+. So it is skewed a bit. Everyone I talked to said that if u can't do well in the PCAT, than go LECOM cause they don't require it. Unfortunately, many ppl hate LECOM so there is that. My 3 schools in Florida to apply is USF, UF and NOVA. I am looking for out of state cause I do want to do research(most require u have a PHD) and noticed UF is the only dual degree program.

Reactions: 1 users
Would you guys put it above LECOM?
I'm thinking UF> USF>NOVA> LECOM> PBA
Sort of worrying about playing around with USF's not quite accredited status, though I doubt a state school would fall through.
Not considering FAMU? They charge undergrad tuition your first 2 years of pharm school. They also don't require a PCAT.

However, I would put LECOM last in your rankings above IMO.

I always forget about FAMU...

I'm just hoping I don't have to go that far down the line of schools anyway.
I have a 3.8 and 82 pcat, but no experience. My extracurriculars are a bunch of research. I'm not a UF student, but I did just take a research job there that I start in a few weeks. :shrug:

I always forget about FAMU...

I'm just hoping I don't have to go that far down the line of schools anyway.
I have a 3.8 and 82 pcat, but no experience. My extracurriculars are a bunch of research. I'm not a UF student, but I did just take a research job there that I start in a few weeks. :shrug:
I'm 99% sure you'll get an interview. Your stats are at or just above average.