Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My thought is, WTF! It's effectively a life sentence but still too bad he can't get more than 175 years for doing this to 553 people.

Although I wonder why other physicians on the tumor board for example didn't catch on to what he was doing given he got to 553 patients? I would've thought surely someone would've noticed something seemed a bit off somewhere along the lines, maybe after like patient number 10 or 50 or 100, to question how it was this or that patient truly had cancer? Then again it's probably much harder to catch these things than I realize.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thoughts in general. Find it surprising? What comes to mind after learning this was taking place?
There are a lot of a**holes out there trying to make money. This one got caught. He's probably not the only person out there doing it.

The most surprising thing is that he got insurance to pay for it. Aside from straight Medicare, every time I want to give chemo I need to get insurance authorization. This usually includes sending them path and imaging reports and chart notes documenting that they have what I say they have.

Reactions: 1 user
"Dr. Keith Ablow added that this case proves that doctors aren’t good enough at supervising other doctors."

What body is he referring to?