Threatening letter from a Scientology-front organization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Indeed. no good psychologist wants prescribing privileges (it is a privilege and not a right). there is a strong movement amongst psychologists against RxP actually despite there being a vocal minority that want it.
I think that might be overstating the case a bit. I think a good psychologist is open to considering the risks and benefits to adding prescriptions to our practice. I am pretty certain that I don't want to, but am not foreclosing the possibility that I would ever. I am more focused on advocating for the profession as it stands, rather than advocating for expanded practice.

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed. no good psychologist wants prescribing privileges (it is a privilege and not a right). there is a strong movement amongst psychologists against RxP actually despite there being a vocal minority that want it.

Follow the money...

Reactions: 1 user
Turns out that big-pharm is also funding the war to have psychologists prescribe.

There is also a big mis-information campaign by those that want psychologist prescribers. They keep citing the military study stating that psychologists were found to do it just as well. The military study showed psychologist-prescribers weren't cost effective and stated that their model wouldn't work in the community because the health-set up is different in the civilian community vs the military.

Of course the pro-psychology prescribers don't exactly clarify on this.

https://www.thelundreport.org/content/psychologists-win-prescribing-rights
In our previous article on this topic, we referenced a 15-year precedent with the Department of Defense in training psychologists to safely prescribe medications. Several astute readers took issue with this comparison.

Dr. James Cho provided a link to a study about the DOD program and an independent review of the study by the National Association of Mental Illness. He said military psychologists had more limited prescribing authority compared to what the Oregon bill grants.

“The psychologists in the military study had more limitations in their ability to prescribe, and the study, while not even applicable to the public by the military's admission was considered cost-ineffective,” Cho wrote.

By the way, Dr. James Cho--is me.

By the way, Dr. James Cho--is me.

Yes! I was right :woot:
*Ahem* Sorry, I kinda worked out who you were a couple of years ago, or at least I was pretty sure it was you. And might I add your credentials are as impressive as the content of your posts on here. :=|:-):