Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Three weeks left

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by GatorHater, 06.22.09.

1. GatorHater

GatorHater

SDN 5+ Year Member
    So here's the deal, got a little over three weeks left to study and my scores are still in the low 20's. I have completed three practice tests all with low 20s and I have done the entire Kaplan program (required stuff). I need to increase my score by about five points at least. First I was wandering if this is even possible, and also how is the best way to study over the next three weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

2. Of course its possible...to be honest I raised my score by 6 on the real thing compared to my highest practice score, so there ya have it. You need to focus on the sections that you truly believe you have no plateaued yet. Obviously there is room for improvement in all 3 of your section scores, but you need to focus on one, maybe two. Personally, I think the science sections are easier to raise scores in seeing that it is backed by raw material that you need to know. Try and take some PS and BS practice sections and keep reading the material on them! I agree with most of the people that say practice is better than memorizing but this is only true if you have a solid understanding of the material. Good Luck!

3. GatorHater

GatorHater

SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks, I believe that I know MOST of the material that I need to in the sciences, with shades of gray. Because of this, do you think it is better that I just take Subject tests and Topical Tests, and review the problems with some content review thrown in?

4. GatorHater

GatorHater

SDN 5+ Year Member
    Bueller?...... Bueller?

5. angeladav

angeladav

You should take a look at older tests and try to do as much of them as possible for practise purposes. You should improve quicker this way

6. Apterous

Apterous

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you feel confident in your timing of FLs I would suggest working on section and subject tests. Just keep cranking through them and learn as much new information you can.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal