Time management help?f

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

802ginger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've never been good at managing my time and having ADHD doesn't help me any either. Right now I'm working two jobs (assistant manager at a restaurant and a patient safety associate at a hospital) to support myself. I've been at the restaurant since I was in high school and I stay there mostly because I'm making decent money. I'm at the hospital because I really enjoy working with the patients and I think it's experience that could potentially add to my application (while also helping me pay the bills). Between the two I work between 40-60 hours a week all year round. I'm likely going to have to pay this next semester out of pocket, but since I go to a state school it will be tight but doable. I'm also thinking about moving back home just to save myself the money I spend in rent every month so I can work less and maybe pay off some loans instead of my landlord. My grades are decent for how much I work and know I definitely need to get more extracurriculars and that the further I get into my studies the less time I'll be able to spend working.

I see a lot of these posts about managing time between classes, shadowing, volunteering and research but not much about those who have to work full time and then some.

I guess I just spent a lot of time asking for help in time management, so if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it so much since I'm at a loss.

Members don't see this ad.