Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Time to fix my mistakes?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Cronac, 04.21.10.

1. Cronac

Cronac

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi all! I unfortunately came out with a 1.56 GPA because I had a B-, C, C-, F, and a withdrawl last semester, and now after a major change, I'll probably get a B+ in Bio. II, an A in Chem. I, and two C+ grades in Calc. I and Comp. II in my second semester. Is it possible to recover from this, or am I polishing the brass on the Titanic? I've been an EMT for three years and I actively ride. This year was rough for me, but I think I can improve, but I think it may be too late.

I forgot to add in that I am a Freshman in my 2nd semester, and I got to school in N.J.

Details:

First Semester:

Adv. Chem. I: W (4)
    Accelerated Calc. I: F (4)
    College Comp. I: B- (3)
    Introduction To Scientific Programming: C (3)
    Freshmen Engineering Clinic: C+ (2)

Second Semester:
    Biology II: Projected B+ (4)
    Chemistry I: Projected A (4)
    Calculus I: Projected B- to C+ (4)
    Composition II: No projection right now. (3)
    Last edited: 04.21.10
  2. zmkelchn

zmkelchn patagomate

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    well, what year are you?
  3. Cronac

Cronac

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I updated this with more information. Sorry I forgot earlier, I'm a bit sick right now and I'm not 100% back yet.
  4. dmg25c

dmg25c

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    well assuming calc is 5 hours and the others 3, i think your gpa will be about 2.2 if your 1.56 was for only 15 hours last semester. with 90 hours of 4.0 your gpa would be 3.56, which is fine. so no, you're not screwed.
  5. Cronac

Cronac

SDN 2+ Year Member
    The Calc was 4. The only 3 was a C I believe.
  6. dmg25c

dmg25c

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    well that changes everything!
  7. Cronac

Cronac

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'll post everything with credits.
  8. dmg25c

dmg25c

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i was joking, you pretty much need to get straight A's from here on out. just focus on that and worry about med school in a couple years
  9. mechanictodr

mechanictodr Dropin' it like it's hot

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My advice would be to retake those classes with C and lower and make sure to get A- or better. Also, back off a bit. Take 12 credits a term and no more than two of those being math or science. The fact of the matter is that medical schools care much less about how long it took you compared to how well you did. A six year bachelor with a 3.8 GPA will be looked upon much greater then a 4 year with a 3.1 GPA. Slow down, learn a little about lifr, your abilities, and do well in school.
  10. Cronac

Cronac

SDN 2+ Year Member

I have an 18 credit semester coming up. I might drop some classes, but I want to see if I can manage first. My abilities are fine, and I don't have an intelligence issue, I just had some life issues come up this year and throw me off. I would like to avoid staying too much longer, but if it will help, I'll go for a few extra semesters.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal