Time to Make a Decision (Please <---- Magic Word)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Program?

• Mayo-R

• Duke

• Emory

• UAB

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neurostudent??

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mayo-Rochester, Duke, Emory, UAB. Also considering Mayo-J and Mayo-A, heavily due to great locations/weather for me.

Leaning towards Mayo-R vs Duke right now. Minnesota is a negative for me, but only because of the weather. Not looking for a big city. Unsure of academics vs private practice, unsure of subspecialty. I'm looking for great clinical training more than research, and no limitations when it comes to fellowships down the road.

Any pros/cons/feedback appreciated. That's really what I want, I'm not looking for anyone to decide for me. I realize that these types of questions aren't popular, but any small amount of feedback is helpful, and I think it probably helps others who are making similar decisions to hear anything you have to say also. Thanks everyone.

(I did read through all similar posts from the last 2 years and didn't see much on any of these options)
From what I know, Duke fits you better. Residents go into private practice and match for fellowships everywhere. The training is more gen neurology than speciality focused. For those who develop interest in specializing and research, Duke has loads of resources.
Mayo is far more academic with high resident representation at national conferences from what I saw. But having said that, you can be sure you'll be extremely competent clinically after residency from Mayo, without doubt

From what I know, Duke fits you better. Residents go into private practice and match for fellowships everywhere. The training is more gen neurology than speciality focused. For those who develop interest in specializing and research, Duke has loads of resources.
Mayo is far more academic with high resident representation at national conferences from what I saw. But having said that, you can be sure you'll be extremely competent clinically after residency from Mayo, without doubt
Thanks for the information. I'm leaning towards Mayo right now, but still figuring it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll see more clinical neurology at Emory than anywhere else on your list by a long shot. You'll see a decent amount at Duke but the patient population is split with UNC. I still have no idea where Mayo finds patients.