Timeframe for tech to intern at CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solie1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting at CVS as a tech since I don't have any prior experience. But I already have an pharmacy intern license. Hoe much experience would one need to become an intern?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there is a timeframe. I was hired on directly as an intern.

If you are concerned about the experience, you will probably be doing the same thing as an intern once you finish all the training. Though, I think there is other training you may not have access to since you are code in as a technician. I think there might also be a pay difference but besides that you probably going to be doing the same thing. :/

I was working at CVS as a tech and I was told that I have to apply as an intern once I start school. Do they realize you are a pharmacy student?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a foreign pharmacy graduate with an intern license. So my situation is a little different

It's really not that different. We've had interns hired with no experience. It's really gonna come down to what your RX Sup is comfortable with with you. If you have a license you are qualified for the intern position. But your sup has to agree to hire you as an intern and code you as one. My sup will only hire interns that they plan on hiring as pharmacists.

Does anyone know how much interns make at CVS? I have seven years experience as a cvs technician but I am not certain as to how much interns make or what I will be able to negotiate with.

Does anyone know how much interns make at CVS? I have seven years experience as a cvs technician but I am not certain as to how much interns make or what I will be able to negotiate with.
I guess it depends which state and what your minimum wage was as a technician. For example, I started off at $10. Been working as a CVS tech for 3 years and I'm at $10.81. I asked my PIC what the intern wage was and he said around $11... And it goes up every year. But you've been with them for 7 years so...

I guess it depends which state and what your minimum wage was as a technician. For example, I started off at $10. Been working as a CVS tech for 3 years and I'm at $10.81. I asked my PIC what the intern wage was and he said around $11... And it goes up every year. But you've been with them for 7 years so...

Are these pay rates serious?

Are these pay rates serious?
Corpseman, yes. I was giving you an example with my actual hourly wage. 3 years ago, CVS offered me $10... I am now at $10.81. It's ridiculous... My PIC even said the intern hourly wage should be higher. Since you've been with them for 7 years, how much are you at if you don't mind me asking? My coworker has been with CVS for 15 years and she's at $13. Not joking.

Corpseman, yes. I was giving you an example with my actual hourly wage. 3 years ago, CVS offered me $10... I am now at $10.81. It's ridiculous... My PIC even said the intern hourly wage should be higher. Since you've been with them for 7 years, how much are you at if you don't mind me asking? My coworker has been with CVS for 15 years and she's at $13. Not joking.

Starting pay averages $15/16 as a P1 in my area, maxes out at $27. That's an average of all the pharmacies in my area.

My techs get paid about $16 an hour at my pharmacy.

Starting pay averages $15/16 as a P1 in my area, maxes out at $27. That's an average of all the pharmacies in my area.

My techs get paid about $16 an hour at my pharmacy.
I'm jealous! I wish I got that much ;( I should probably move to that area haha... Our P3s cap off around $15 I believe.